Clustering Servers (without 3rd party-i.e. Nitrado)

Hey everyone, 

I have two dedicated servers I run through different devices (not the smartest of choices, but my tribe and I were new to "ARK" when we started with our adventure):

-The Island- Dedicated Server, on Xbox One 

-Aberration- Dedicated Server, on PC

How can I have both of my servers communicate to one-another for dino, player, and item transfer? I know that Nitrado is a possibility, but I am not willing to pay a monthly amount for a server when I already have two servers running (does that make sense)? We have made sure everything is turned "on" for cross-ark transferring, but since they are not clustered, ARK servers are not recognizing any of them. 

Does anyone have a solution to make them "talk to each other?" Its frustrating that we have gone so far in both games, and we don't want to re-start if we have to go through Nitrado either. Thank you!

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but the short answer is: No, it's not possible to cluster 2 dedicated servers together.

The reason is because dedicated servers aren't able to define a "Cluster ID" because they can't create a .batch file used as a Command Startup line which is where the Cluster ID is defined. 

The only way to cluster multiple servers together is by purchasing the servers through Nitrado. I know it sucks and i'm sure everyone here will agree with you. If would be wonderful if Wildcard could/would give Xbox/Win 10 this capability.

The closest I got when running win10 servers was someone had made a program that would upload the map, obelisk, and character files to drop box, then you could run it on another computer and kind of sync them up. Though it wouldn't work on your server on your xbox, since you would need access to the files and such. I ran a win10 server for like 6 months and at first it was nice but after a while I wanted access to a few of the other settings that weren't on win10 servers, and I wanted the ability to actually cluster servers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your responses (I know this is a delayed response, my notifications were off)!

-A follow up then: If I do go through Nitrado for a server, do I have to start completely over, or can I just place my current server data/information onto Nitrado for this clustering?

New to this "clustering" aspect, and it seems more convoluted the more I look  into it! 

I've never purchased a Nitrado server. However, yes, i believe you can upload your save files to any server you purchase. Also note that in Cluster, each map is it's own server. So if you want a cluster with all 9 maps, you will have to purchase 9 separate servers and manage the config files for each server separately. But actually clustering them together is rather simple from what i understand. You simply define your Cluster ID number, make sure they match on each server, and check a box to cluster. The issue for most people in this scenario is the cost of running and maintaining multiple servers.

Archived