Console VS PC Ark PvP Communities

Tylanater

I recently switched from Xbox to PC and was excited because everyone is always talking about how much better PC is. The performance of a PC is very nice but I find the community to be much worse and I'm not talking about people being toxic and raiding or anything like that either. Seems like about 80% of all players on PC cheat by using an INI. Console players can play in preview mode to do a similar thing but it's definitely not as prevalent. Additionally, on PC there are so many Chinese players cheating, it's crazy. Never had that problem once on Xbox. I've been on several different NA servers now and the chat is just all [][][][][]. I'd honestly recommend console over PC.

20 minutes ago, Tylanater said:

[][][][][]

Those are not just the Chinese. Every alphabet in the world that is not based on Latin characters will look like that to you. They could be Russian, Arabic, Indonesian, Korean, Japanese... and so on.

PvP is indeed brutal and full of cheaters, I won't argue with the rest of your post, but you need to get over this "it's the Chinese" problem you have.

Yeah pretty much everyone in megatribes who isn't a pve only player uses ini. Some are "ok" like just removing clutter for performance or making the game less painful to look at for those with eyes issues. Then there's the full on no fog no water filter can't get flashbanged ones lol, but that's only the beginning. So many people use ESP and map/speed hacks it's absolute insanity. That's why it makes me laugh when people think ratholes will protect them or manas are the problem when it comes to getting found quickly.

You need to realize something tho is most big tribes need every timezone covered. There is almost no chinese only tribe just as there is almost no americans only tribe or europeans only tribe. I've played with russians koreans chinese americans australians europeans north africans, the whole globe basically. Cheaters come in all shapes and nationalities. Personally I've seen a lot more 15yo american kids using aimbots than I've seen chinese do but I know it is only anecdotal evidence and doesn't mean anything either way.

I don't think the cheating can be fixed at all on PC tbh. That's why I hope they get a much better base code to work with in Ark 2.

9 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Those are not just the Chinese. Every alphabet in the world that is not based on Latin characters will look like that to you. They could be Russian, Arabic, Indonesian, Korean, Japanese... and so on.

PvP is indeed brutal and full of cheaters, I won't argue with the rest of your post, but you need to get over this "it's the Chinese" problem you have.

Should have said Asian instead of Chinese, regardless, it's widely documented that it's a different culture over there (obviously) and the vast majority of them are okay with cheating. They play on the NA servers instead of the Asia servers for a reason.

10 hours ago, Tylanater said:

Should have said Asian instead of Chinese, regardless, it's widely documented that it's a different culture over there (obviously) and the vast majority of them are okay with cheating. They play on the NA servers instead of the Asia servers for a reason.

Again no.

"Asian" is still not right. Again, it's every alphabet that doesn't use Latin letters. (Hint: the world is a big place, your worldview needs expanding)

There are cheaters in every culture. I'm sure we could have a robust discussion about which countries and cultures have more cheating than others but that would be a waste of time because it completely misses the point, it doesn't matter whether "it's a different culture over there", it's also a different culture in many different countries.

The point is quite simple and easy to understand: box tribes can come from many different countries, and people from all of those countries also play on the NA servers. And, if you're operating under the illusion that there are less than a big bunch of people from the U.S. using .ini files then you're fooling yourself.

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Again no.

"Asian" is still not right. Again, it's every alphabet that doesn't use Latin letters. (Hint: the world is a big place, your worldview needs expanding)

There are cheaters in every culture. I'm sure we could have a robust discussion about which countries and cultures have more cheating than others but that would be a waste of time because it completely misses the point, it doesn't matter whether "it's a different culture over there", it's also a different culture in many different countries.

The point is quite simple and easy to understand: box tribes can come from many different countries, and people from all of those countries also play on the NA servers. And, if you're operating under the illusion that there are less than a big bunch of people from the U.S. using .ini files then you're fooling yourself.

I feel like you're trying really hard to make this about something it's not. I never said every box box player is Chinese. In one sentence I said there are a lot of Chinese cheaters, which is true, and in another sentence I sand NA servers are full of box box in chat, which is also true. INI files are also a different matter, I look at INI as cheating but Wildcard doesn't enforce it whatsoever. I'm talking about straight up ESP and Aimbot.

4 hours ago, Tylanater said:

I feel like you're trying really hard to make this about something it's not. I never said every box box player is Chinese. In one sentence I said there are a lot of Chinese cheaters, which is true, and in another sentence I sand NA servers are full of box box in chat, which is also true. INI files are also a different matter, I look at INI as cheating but Wildcard doesn't enforce it whatsoever. I'm talking about straight up ESP and Aimbot.

I'm not trying to make anything out of anything, they're your words, you said them you own them.

You made it very clear in your OP that you consider box characters and cheating to be a Chinese thing, which you reinforced with your follow up posts. That's not me making something, those are the things you said and you're responsible for the content of your posts. If you want to amend the things you've said then you certainly have the right to admit that you were overly narrow and specific with your accusations, but you said what you said and that's on you.

49 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

I'm not trying to make anything out of anything, they're your words, you said them you own them.

You made it very clear in your OP that you consider box characters and cheating to be a Chinese thing, which you reinforced with your follow up posts. That's not me making something, those are the things you said and you're responsible for the content of your posts. If you want to amend the things you've said then you certainly have the right to admit that you were overly narrow and specific with your accusations, but you said what you said and that's on you.

You were implying that I'm saying all [][][] is Chinese. I understand there are other languages, however the majority cheating box box players on NA servers are Chinese players. I'm talking about the Chinese cheaters on PC who enjoy trolling anyone who is not Chinese, including on PVE servers, which has been documented in hundreds of posts. There are Asia servers in this game and yet full Chinese tribes choose to play on NA with 100-200 ping for a reason. You seem to be implying that NA players being targeted for being non-Chinese makes the NA players racist if they complain about it. According to Battleeye, the vast majority of cheaters are banned from China. It's not an assumption. The internet cafe's have been known to advertise free cheats as well.

10 minutes ago, jedikitteh said:

The Chinese invasion of officials was 5 years ago, since then they have merged with indigenous NA and EU tribes forming the foundation of megatribes. Every megatribe on officials is international with English, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean etc players divided into sections. You need players online 24 hours a day to survive on officials and this is accomplished by recruiting from different timezones. There is no such thing as a "Chinese megatribe" anymore in ark, has not been for many years. Most of the powerful megas in PC are tribes like Unlucky, N1S, TPG, Gang Gang, BNG etc their leadership are from Anglosphere countries like US, Canada, Australia, UK etc. BLDX is the only mega led by Chinese, but even then most of BLDX is not Chinese, both bldx main tribe itself, and the various tribes of their alliance are highly diverse. When you run into Chinese on officials, dont assume you are encountering a Chinese tribe. Instead find out their tribe name/mega affiliation and their home servers. There is a very good chance they are part of an international mega, and have English members or leadership that you can easily communicate with.

Maybe for actual official servers but those are all but dead. I'm talking mostly about ArkPok, Small Tribes, Classic, etc. Most I see are groups of 5 or so.

14 minutes ago, Tylanater said:

Maybe for actual official servers but those are all but dead. I'm talking mostly about ArkPok, Small Tribes, Classic, etc. Most I see are groups of 5 or so.

Main officials has the biggest player count of all the official cluster. It is dead compare to what it was back in 2017-2018 period (or legacy servers), but remains the single most active ARK cluster. You can see player counts for the different official clusters here, https://arkbrowser.com/clusters

As of this writing for example main officials is at 2800 players, small tribes at 1800, classic at 225 players, arkpocalypse 250 players.

Small tribes most powerful tribes are factions like Shockists group (British/American), Iron Sky (Turkish), S2W (EU), Moin (EU/NA mainly) etc. I dont think I seen a single chinese tribe up there in list of most powerful groups on 6man.

Arkpocalypse, yeah the Chinese do have a big presence there. Classic it depend on season. Season 1-3 was dominated by NA/EU tribes like barry seals, GT7, Win Diesel etc. Season 4 been skipped by NA/EU tribes for reasons too long to go into here, and as result is seeing some old school 2016 type Chinese domination.

1 hour ago, jedikitteh said:

Main officials has the biggest player count of all the official cluster. It is dead compare to what it was back in 2017-2018 period (or legacy servers), but remains the single most active ARK cluster. You can see player counts for the different official clusters here, https://arkbrowser.com/clusters

As of this writing for example main officials is at 2800 players, small tribes at 1800, classic at 225 players, arkpocalypse 250 players.

Small tribes most powerful tribes are factions like Shockists group (British/American), Iron Sky (Turkish), S2W (EU), Moin (EU/NA mainly) etc. I dont think I seen a single chinese tribe up there in list of most powerful groups on 6man.

Arkpocalypse, yeah the Chinese do have a big presence there. Classic it depend on season. Season 1-3 was dominated by NA/EU tribes like barry seals, GT7, Win Diesel etc. Season 4 been skipped by NA/EU tribes for reasons too long to go into here, and as result is seeing some old school 2016 type Chinese domination.

Is it forbidden to talk about some tribes allegedly having pocket GMs?

Back on topic though, way too many people don't understand the structure of megatribes and just assume that it's a bunch of 16 yo chinese / russian kids who aimbot 24/7. I understand the frustration of being completely unable to compete with people who have grinded the game for years but at some point you need to understand if you don't play nice to the alpha you're getting wiped within the week. (megatribe or not as even official still has some alphas who aren't part of megatribes even tho they often end up wiped or assimilated in the long run)

Many many times people in these tribes are just dudes who come to chill in discord farm a bit and grief every once in a while. I have never ever seen a bob who was willing to communicate/play by the rules and got wiped for free. I'm out of the megatribe politics and environment but many of the people I've met started as server bobs, worked their way through beta and eventually merged. Nobody is gonna turn away a good player who has proven his worth and loyalty, otherwise those tribes would starve themselves out of members really fast.

You were implying that I'm saying all [][][] is Chinese.

You have that backwards. I'm not "implying" anything, I stated it outright. You implied it and I pointed out that you implied it, that was the point I was making.

What I said is that your OP implies that all [][][] are Chinese. If you don't like that your OP implied that then you need to look at how you wrote that post and think about how you could have written it without making that implication.

You then doubled down on that implication by saying, "widely documented that it's a different culture over there" which you intended a defense of your implication, which essentially confirms that this was your intent in your OP.

I understand there are other languages, however the majority cheating box box players on NA servers are Chinese players.

And now you're repeating it again, tripling down on your OP. There's no doubt that this was your original intent, the implication of your OP was obvious.

I'm talking about the Chinese cheaters on PC who enjoy trolling anyone who is not Chinese, including on PVE servers, which has been documented in hundreds of posts.

Not really, the only thing that has been documented is that a lot of people have made the same mistake you've made, which is assuming that [][][] tribes are Chinese when they're actually from multiple countries.

You know who finds it funny when people complain about "the Chinese"? People from a bunch of other countries who think it's amusing that the Chinese get blamed for nearly every [][][] tribe in the game. There are tons of Russians, Koreans, etc. who get to laugh about that all the time.

however the majority cheating box box players on NA servers are Chinese players.

Nope. Or at least not in my experience. I've met [][][] players from Russian, Korea, Japan, India, Pakistan and Israel.

I'm not saying that the game has any lack of Chinese who cheat, the real point here is that you are focusing all of your blame on one country which causes you to miss the larger issue. The problem with PvP is that this game was designed in such a way that it makes it far too easy for people from every country to cheat, and they do. There are tons of people from every country using .ini files to cheat in PvP, if you think they're mostly Chinese then you're turning a blind eye to all of the other people who do it, including people from the U.S. There's plenty of cheating from every country and anyone who pretends otherwise is not being honest with themself.

You seem to be implying that NA players being targeted for being non-Chinese makes the NA players racist if they complain about it.

No, I don't seem to be implying that at all, you're twisting my words around into a painful misinterpretation of what I've said.

55 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

You have that backwards. I'm not "implying" anything, I stated it outright. You implied it and I pointed out that you implied it, that was the point I was making.

What I said is that your OP implies that all [][][] are Chinese. If you don't like that your OP implied that then you need to look at how you wrote that post and think about how you could have written it without making that implication.

You then doubled down on that implication by saying, "widely documented that it's a different culture over there" which you intended a defense of your implication, which essentially confirms that this was your intent in your OP.

And now you're repeating it again, tripling down on your OP. There's no doubt that this was your original intent, the implication of your OP was obvious.

Not really, the only thing that has been documented is that a lot of people have made the same mistake you've made, which is assuming that [][][] tribes are Chinese when they're actually from multiple countries.

You know who finds it funny when people complain about "the Chinese"? People from a bunch of other countries who think it's amusing that the Chinese get blamed for nearly every [][][] tribe in the game. There are tons of Russians, Koreans, etc. who get to laugh about that all the time.

Nope. Or at least not in my experience. I've met [][][] players from Russian, Korea, Japan, India, Pakistan and Israel.

I'm not saying that the game has any lack of Chinese who cheat, the real point here is that you are focusing all of your blame on one country which causes you to miss the larger issue. The problem with PvP is that this game was designed in such a way that it makes it far too easy for people from every country to cheat, and they do. There are tons of people from every country using .ini files to cheat in PvP, if you think they're mostly Chinese then you're turning a blind eye to all of the other people who do it, including people from the U.S. There's plenty of cheating from every country and anyone who pretends otherwise is not being honest with themself.

No, I don't seem to be implying that at all, you're twisting my words around into a painful misinterpretation of what I've said.

Again as far as INI goes Wildcard has said that they look at INI the same way as changing the gamma setting and that they wish people wouldn't do it but they won't enforce it. I wish they would crack down on INI hard but alas. Aimbotting and ESP is a whole other issue and Chinese players are the majority of the cheaters according to battleeye plain and simple. Obviously people cheat from all other the world including other box box in chat but why do we need to state the painfully obvious? Nobody thinks only Chinese players cheat. I pointed out that there's a lot of Chinese cheaters and that NA servers is full of box box on PC. I never said the chat was 100% Chinese, there's no way to know and that's also incredibly obvious. I would assume the reader doesn't think I'm clairvoyant or that I have access to everyone's IP in game. The point is it's all [][][][][][][][]. I don't know what in the world it is.

ini being legal has always been interesting to me since I don't know of any other similar games where ini's are considered legal, especially altering the game to the extent that hard ini's do. Pretty much any other game I can think of, if you altered files to wipe out effects, remove foliage/cover, etc, any of that would get you banned. That fact that it's pretty much standard to run them in pvp is kinda ridiculous, imo.

As for cheating, esp and aimbot are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to shady stuff going on in officials. But I can guarantee nothing is going to change at this point. I mean even just with the new classic season, if any other studio had the same allegations leveled at them that were being talked about with classic servers it would have been a major issue and there would have at least been some kind of statement made. But nothing happened, Wildcard stayed just as silent as usual and everyone just moved on.

Archived