Will Wildcard add another free official map?

SarahMonette

Yeah, you never know what Wildcard is going to do lol. Extinction was supposed to be the last map when it came out. Obviously, that wasn’t the case! Genesis 2 is now supposed to be the last one, but I know there’s an Olympus map, created by a player and has very high approval ratings. It is similar in size to Val and The Center. It’s finished last time I saw, who knows when that info came out though... It is currently a mod map, but so were all the other free DLCs. Besides, Wildcard has to keep player’s attention somehow, before they roll out Ark 2, which will likely be late next year, so I’d say at least one more free map is a good bet.

What I would like to see them do before the new game comes out though is an overhaul of PG Ark system. I totally get why they didn’t want to do it before, releasing expansions and everything, but if they’re stopping development on the game, there’s no reason not to throw in an overhaul of the PG system, and update it to include all biomes, work out the bugs and add things to make them workable maps. That way, the game and its possibilities literally become infinite.

Ah, well I hope that’s not true, it looks interesting. Even so, point stands that Wildcard will need to keep players returning to the game long enough to launch the new one... so even if Olympus isn’t an option, there are plenty of other choices out there even in a five second google search of Ark mods lol. I’d guess there will be at least one added in. Never know though. Actually, now that I’ve thought about it, if the maker actually did say no, it would prove that wildcard is not only thinking about a new free map, but actively seeking one out.

Archived