Has the time come?

DodoRaptor

Am I ready for the Megapithicus and Broodmother? Will I need to mutate? Will I need better stats? Will it take forever to get good levels? How should I level?

• Two rexes with somewhat meh stats. Not bad by any means, but I want to aim higher. Right now I have between 7k and 8k health, and somewhere over 300% melee.
  • A saddle blueprint with 70.3 armor. Even if everything else has to go, I think I need to keep that saddle for my own sanity. That ok-ish saddle took months of my life to obtain. I would sooner sell my soul to Satan than let anything happen to it.
  • This is single player. No single player settings, but bosses are significantly weaker by default, so there's that.
  • No mods.
  • A mutation stack would take time, but I'll do it if necessary.
  • I will try to get better stats than these if necessary. It shouldn't be too hard to do laps around Carno Island or Red Peak with my thyla.
  • I will bring a Yutyrannus. I don't have a good one yet, but I should be able to get one. Daeodon probably is too much of a pain to use solo to bother with, and that slot could be a rex instead.
  • I will switch to a Theri army for the dragon.
  • Whatever happens, I want the most security possible. I don't want to lose an army of leveled rexes and their expensive saddles.

Wait so you have two rexes : one with prim saddle, one with 70 saddle and a yuty? I'm assuming those two rexes are your breeding pair and you're gonna get at least 10 or more babies, if not : forget it and breed Rexes.

Assuming 7k and 8k hp is your starting point and not after leveling up then it's still pretty low and it will not work well with prim saddles, if it's after imprint or leveling : forget it and get better rexes (you can easily aim for base 10k hp on a tamed one). Either way you are prooooobably gonna need a saddle blueprint. 300+ melee is somewhat decent if you get a good imprint but you can probably tame higher. In general HP is more useful as a stat in boss fights though, because it has a much bigger growth than melee does especially with such a low melee to begin with.

Single player but not single player settings, but weaker bosses? I don't really get what you mean. I'm guessing it's "force multiplayer settings" but the difficulty is lower? Do you have non-tek dinos spawning with levels in multiples of 4? If yes then yeah the bosses are a bit easier but by no means are they a super easy fight tbh.

Yuty doesn't need to be "good". People will recommend you get one with good stam but honestly average stam is fine too. Just go full hp, stand back and you should not get hit too much. Don't underestimate a Daeodon especially when you're going in with such bad stats in the first place. A half decent pig will be really good, you just have to find a way to use the whistle system that works for you so that both your yuty and pig are safe.

I would say you have 0 chances against alpha brood/mega as it stands but you should be able to do gamma if you breed a good rex army, get good imprints and a somewhat decent BP (could work with prim if you have huge numbers and a high base hp). Beta is a toss up, depends on the blueprint you will get and will probably require a few (not a ton but still a few) mutations. Also depending on your answers regarding your rexes' stats, please tame more or start breeding. It is much easier to tame a Rex with 50 points in hp than it is to mutate it to 50 points from 30.

Of course all of this depends on the exact settings of your single player save, I am assuming you are playing on multiplayer settings with a lower difficulty (thus making bosses around 20% weaker damage and hp wise on Island) but feel free to share more details if that's not the case as the answers I provided might change in consequence. Also you can do alpha and beta broodmother with just a kangaroo and a 200+ shotgun with lots of ammo. Jump on the mushroom at the back of the arena and shoot her. Cheesy and feels kinda cheaty but hey, it works.

Perhaps I was unclear. I have a 70 blueprint. I will also mind wipe when I crank them out. I run official difficulty, multiples of five, but as far as I know, SP bosses are weaker even with otherwise official settings. I also will get new rexes if leveling the offspring of these to "good" isn't possible.

Oh fair enough, it's a very good blueprint for SP. You mentioning you were scared of losing is what made me think you only had a single looted saddle. This changes things a lot. You should be able to do brood and mega gamma no problem even with those stats if you craft some saddles and breed 15+ rexes.

As a reference I run solo alpha broodmother with a tamed yuty and 15 rexes with stats ranging from 80k to 100k hp and 2k to 3k melee, also my saddles are around 90 armour. I usually lose around 10k hp during the fight by yolo'ing it (I don't bother to make sure every rex is hitting and I don't use a pig). That is on official. So yeah the much lower melee means you would need to tank her a lot longer and probably lose a lot more hp than that in the process. This is what makes me think even if the boss was 50% nerfed this would be really hard to do with your current stats.

I don't think SP boss are weaker if you force official settings tbh. You can test it by just admin command giving yourself all the boss mats and going in the arena : if the little spiders are lv500 you are in fact on official difficulty.

Keep in mind either way that any alpha island boss is about 3x stronger than its gamma counterpart damage wise AND hp wise so the scaling actually is closer to x9 difficulty from gamma to alpha.

I think doing it on gamma, which you should probably be able to, will give you a good idea of how beta and alpha will go.

3 minutes ago, Gooberino said:

Oh fair enough, it's a very good blueprint for SP. You mentioning you were scared of losing is what made me think you only had a single looted saddle. This changes things a lot. You should be able to do brood and mega gamma no problem even with those stats if you craft some saddles and breed 15+ rexes.

As a reference I run solo alpha broodmother with a tamed yuty and 15 rexes with stats ranging from 80k to 100k hp and 2k to 3k melee, also my saddles are around 90 armour. I usually lose around 10k hp during the fight by yolo'ing it (I don't bother to make sure every rex is hitting and I don't use a pig). That is on official. So yeah the much lower melee means you would need to tank her a lot longer and probably lose a lot more hp than that in the process. This is what makes me think even if the boss was 50% nerfed this would be really hard to do with your current stats.

I don't think SP boss are weaker if you force official settings tbh. You can test it by just admin command giving yourself all the boss mats and going in the arena : if the little spiders are lv500 you are in fact on official difficulty.

Keep in mind either way that any alpha island boss is about 3x stronger than its gamma counterpart damage wise AND hp wise so the scaling actually is closer to x9 difficulty from gamma to alpha.

I think doing it on gamma, which you should probably be able to, will give you a good idea of how beta and alpha will go.

Alright, reasonable. I was doing some math, and I agree: the health is not going to be the problem, it's the melee. I think I'll do a bit of grinding to tame another with better melee. Once I feel confident, I'll breed, imprint, and level them by killing their own young (this game can be brutal), and then try gamma like you said. I hope it goes well.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:40 PM, Gooberino said:

So just to be clear, if I lose 3k on average for gamma, I should expect a loss of 27k on average for alpha.

I did alpha monkey with 19 rexes 1 yuty. 35k health and 1200% melee. Primitive Saddles. Singleplayer settings. No losses at all. Lowest health one came around 5k health remaining. So you should have no problem with alpha monkey, assuming you will take the time to level your rexes to 35k+ health and minimum 800% melee if not 1000%+. 

For alpha spider it was wayyy different. I used same army and lost 11. So alpha spider you might have problems cause you aren't using sp settings. The good saddles may compensate for it though.

Good luck!

On 3/13/2021 at 4:40 AM, Gooberino said:

Why on earth you have that much hp on the rexes? Wasted stat points. 35k is enough for any boss par MC

23 hours ago, Gooberino said:

Makes it easier to spam boss fights without healing. Going from 2.5k melee to 4k does less than going from 45k hp to 100k if you want to run a boss 5 times in a row. With this high HP I never even have to heal them in-between.

edit : also better for a lot of genesis hunt missions that usually rage gigas.

Depends on your rex commanding. 4k rexes will kill the bosses quite a bit faster if they get to hit boss and not get crowded in one spot where half them can only hit the boss. I never heal my 40k rexes between boss fights. Can do 5 to 8 alphas easily.

On 3/14/2021 at 3:37 PM, Luewen said:

Why on earth you have that much hp on the rexes? Wasted stat points. 35k is enough for any boss par MC

On genesis its not wasted at all. I have 71k health/2500melee rexes with maxed out saddles that still almost all died doing the gamma master controller. Also as Gooberino said, they are very useful doing the brute missions on genesis.

Edit: Im a moron, Ive read MC as Mastercraft for so long I didnt understand that you were talking about Master Controller. Dont mind me

17 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Depends on your rex commanding. 4k rexes will kill the bosses quite a bit faster if they get to hit boss and not get crowded in one spot where half them can only hit the boss. I never heal my 40k rexes between boss fights. Can do 5 to 8 alphas easily.

With what melee and a full squad? 

I took 15 in with 60k hp, 2300 to 2600 melee, 124 saddles, plus the Yuty buff against Alpha Brood and they all loss around 20k hp

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

With what melee and a full squad? 

I took 15 in with 60k hp, 2300 to 2600 melee, 124 saddles, plus the Yuty buff against Alpha Brood and they all loss around 20k hp

Depends on boss. Too many rexes is actually liability as many of them dont get to hit boss at all if you are not clever about ordering or grouping. Alpha brood is actually the hardest hitting boss. But 3 to 4 boss fight without healing is generally what happens. On center ape+brood can do 5 to 8 fights as they have less hp than island versions. 3000+ melee rexes. Usual squas is 2 x 6 and yuty. Center bosses with 1.5k melee old rexes.

On 3/12/2021 at 7:54 PM, DodoRaptor said:

Am I ready for the Megapithicus and Broodmother? Will I need to mutate? Will I need better stats? Will it take forever to get good levels? How should I level?

• Two rexes with somewhat meh stats. Not bad by any means, but I want to aim higher. Right now I have between 7k and 8k health, and somewhere over 300% melee.
  • A saddle blueprint with 70.3 armor. Even if everything else has to go, I think I need to keep that saddle for my own sanity. That ok-ish saddle took months of my life to obtain. I would sooner sell my soul to Satan than let anything happen to it.
  • This is single player. No single player settings, but bosses are significantly weaker by default, so there's that.
  • No mods.
  • A mutation stack would take time, but I'll do it if necessary.
  • I will try to get better stats than these if necessary. It shouldn't be too hard to do laps around Carno Island or Red Peak with my thyla.
  • I will bring a Yutyrannus. I don't have a good one yet, but I should be able to get one. Daeodon probably is too much of a pain to use solo to bother with, and that slot could be a rex instead.
  • I will switch to a Theri army for the dragon.
  • Whatever happens, I want the most security possible. I don't want to lose an army of leveled rexes and their expensive saddles.

Hi,
It all depends on what boss difficulty you are targeting.
Monkey is very easy, even in alpha. An army of imprinted rexes with 30k hp and arround 500-600 melee will be enougth with your saddle.
You can use this army for gamma and probably beta broodmother but alpha is another story... If you want to stick on rexes, you will definetly need stats mutations for this one. They have to be very tanky.
I'm preparing this boss fight solo with megatherium, but for now I'm farming mutations on them. They do insane damage with bug buff.

Theri is very good for dragon, my army litteraly shreded alpha dragon with no lose : they have 22k hp and 1050 melee and 268 asc. saddle (what helped a LOT, but something lower will also work)

Archived