Ark 2 Wishlist/Suggestions/Meta Mixup

Tylanater

Hello, here are some of my suggestions. Let me know what you guys think.

-Make editing ini files impossible/punishable:

Making the game look like a Nintendo 64 game to get an advantage/find peoples base is terrible. In addition, WC should look into making a default graphics settings for PvP or at least take a good look at the advantages gained from playing on low compared to medium or high (INI editing is a way bigger issue than this though). A large part of the fun of ark is hiding in a bush/ambushing and feeling like Solid Snake. INI ruins this and it's not punishable and incredibly easy to do.

-Use an engine that makes meshing impossible/near impossible:

Obvious one, I assume that's what their doing.

-Make small tribes the base official servers:

This one seems obvious to me. It's so popular for a reason. Tribes of hundreds is just silly. 

-No or limited tek teir:

The game is much better before tek teir and it seems a lot of people agree. I'm sure some people like it but riding around on skiffs and shooting through walls while being ironman is just lame in a dino survival game imo. A lot of other posts go into more detail on this topic so I'll leave it at that.

-Base defense re-haul:

Limitless possibilities here but I think WC needs to take a good look at the offline raiding meta. It's always plagued Ark but with the high rates now everyone just goes around with a wyv and para looking for bases. If they find something good well then they'll be back at 3am and transfer away, never to be seen again. Perhaps ORP default on servers, however, there are a lot of problems with the current implementation of ORP so that would need looked at as well.

-Bring back bases aboveground:

A lot of these issues interconnect of course but it would nice to see a base above ground not instantly wiped by titans/arthos/manas jumping up and shooting over walls etc. Having walls on high ground should be an advantage it seems. If you think about it building in ratholes is kinda weird and probably was never intended. If they didn't exist there would be no bases anywhere though lol.

-Change melee combat/maybe ranged:

Prolly engine related as well but the swinging into air thing is weird as well. Valheim type combat could be cool or at least having more skills/abilities/hit animations with weapons would be a welcome addition. Also, non hit scan guns could be a welcome addition but I'm not sure if that one would work out or not.

-Remove or limit cryopods:

There's no denying cryopods are the ultimate convenience and I understand a big reason for their introduction was to limit server lag but they also contribute to this whole rat hole meta we have. Kinda weird if you go on any server you will not find any base above ground and if you do it will be totally foundation wiped in a couple hours prolly. Perhaps make dino storage a large stationary item if it's going to stay. Also degrades PvP by ruining on foot fights when you don't know if the person is gonna throw out a giga or mana.

-Limit/remove server transferring:

A lot of possibilities here but I think only being able to transfer a character and maybe gear would be much better. Transferring contributes to a lot of the other issues listed here

-Lastly, I think WC should not do any kind of double rate weekends.

The rates have been base increased so much since launch, especially if you play on the popular game modes like small tribes, arkpoc, classic, etc. I think we're all used to it but if you stop and think about it getting to level 70 by running notes in 5 minutes and then going and taming a crystal wyvern because they are easier to get than a carno or argy or anything is kinda weird. Also people are always crying on twitter when the rates aren't increased.

Well said, I completely agree. I would love to see ark return to more of a survival game feel and for raids to be more of battle between 2 tribes and less of just someone going around and wiping everyones bases. I would really like to see a more defined middle and early game instead of just a rush to metal and turrets.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:49 AM, Tylanater said:

-No or limited tek teir:

The game is much better before tek teir and it seems a lot of people agree. I'm sure some people like it but riding around on skiffs and shooting through walls while being ironman is just lame in a dino survival game imo. A lot of other posts go into more detail on this topic so I'll leave it at that.

ARK isn't a dino survival game. ARK is a sci-fi game WITH dinosaurs in it (notice I didn't say "about")

Specimen Implant, Supply Drops, Obelisks, Broodmother Lysrix, (ALL FROM DAY 1)

Despite the fact that Ark Survival has many issues that sometimes ruin the progress and fun of players, let's remember its complexity and good moments it brings to us. At the same time, if all players played honestly without exploiting all the bugs and glitches, some of the problems would be solved.

For Genesis 2 it would be interesting to introduce a structure or a creature that imprints babies because on official servers the growth of dinosaurs takes much too long especially for new players, but also for those who start from scratch after being raided or wiped.

The incubator is a great idea already but hopefully it will hatch the eggs so we can focus more on fighting, farming and building instead of being stuck with dino breeding most of the time.

Archived