wilddinos Wild dino mutation and breeding idea

Warlock1234

Suggestion

I think it would be a fun idea to make it possible to find a random mutation on a wild dino out in the world. Just 1 mutation not a crazy amount. I think it would help people that been playing for ever and players that are just starting. Reasoning for it is a long time player doesnt really tame anymore cause there is anything they want out there, but a random color that they fly by would make them want to tame it. Deftly if its on something that isnt breedable. For new players or people that play on private servers, it would help them out tryin to get going. Or make them want to learn to take the harder tames. Even if the random mutation was stats, wild dinos dont start that high in stats compared to whats out there so it wouldnt make it op or anything. Being able to see random color out there outside a holiday or even a even crazier color on the holiday would defenly make it really neat to see. I would defenly say make this mutation a very low chance just to make it not a normal thing you see out there, but a very change that could cheer the person that finds it very happy.

The wild dino breeding would be more for the newer players or role-player type of ppl. Most dinos travel in packs and are wondering around as it is. If they could lay a fertilized egg at a very slow time period. It would be nice to find a egg out there that u can hatch. You could add in variables like, they have to stay near eachother for so long and not get in combat that whole time too. They also would have have a mating pair for the mate boost. For the ones that gives birth and not lays an egg, make it so they get fat like the tamed ones do and if you try to tame one, they eat  alot more and faster. This would make it so people would have to be more visual out in the wild trying to tame a new dino and be ready for it. The wild fertilized egg and the pregnancy ones would only be the level of the dinos they breed with at the time, so the levels would never be crazy levels. Just a low level egg but for new players, it would defenly help in some cases.

With both these, i think it would deftly make wild dinos alot more interesting and get more people back out there doing the things that they might not of done in a long time.    

2 replies to this server topic

To add on to this suggestion, you can make it where the mother will wonder close to the egg that has been laid by her and make the mother more territorial around it. Let the baby hatch or give birth, and follow around the mother. You could make it so as long as the baby is around the mother it grows. As the baby grows through baby and juvi, have the mother attack any player that gets close to her or the baby. If mother dies or gets out of range due to kiting it away or somthing, the baby would start to starve. Then you could add a whole new way of getting dinos by handfeeding babies and juvi dinos to gain their trust to claim the baby. Then the player would have to raise the baby the rest the way without imprint bonus. When the baby is adolescent then they are to grown up to gain trust but should be able to defend themselves. I think adding this would add more ways to get the more common dinos. Most likly the mother and baby would die early so or despawn but would be nice to see more ways to get a dino then just the one way. Plus add some more fun ways to play. 

Archived