Introducing Classic PvP Season 4 Cluster B!

StudioWildcard

In 2019, the launch of the Snail Games Initiative, Classic PvP, created an exciting and competitive playing experience for PC players. Throughout the course of the seasons, the meta was watched closely and changes were made to shake things up and create an experience tailored for PvP gameplay. Today, players can continue on the quest for the ultimate PvP experience with the introduction of Classic Season 4 Cluster B.

Cluster B will be a separate cluster from the existing Classic PvP servers, which will allow newer players an opportunity to catch up to the progression that's been made in the current season by playing on a network with higher rates. Both clusters will be heavily moderated to ensure a fair playing ground and an equal competitive footing. Before the launch of Genesis II, both Classic PvP (A & B) clusters will merge and form one Classic PvP cluster.

If you haven't had an opportunity to check Classic PvP out, this might be the perfect opportunity!

Cluster B launches on the 12th of March at 1 PM Eastern / 10 AM Pacific! See below for the rules and rates of Classic PvP Cluster B servers:

• Experience gain, taming, gathering have been quintupled compared to our standard Official Servers (5x)
  • Breeding, hatching, and raising rates have been quadrupled compared to our standard Official Servers (4x)
  • Tribes are set to 25 players max
  • Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
  • Servers have a maximum player count of 100
  • These maps will be available: The Island, Scorched Earth, Ragnarok, Valguero, and The Center
  • Tek dinos (Tek Parasaur, Tek Quetzal, Tek Rex, Tek Raptor, Tek Stego), Paracer, Tapejara, and the Titanosaur are not available for taming on Classic PvP
  • All Aberration and Extinction content is unavailable on Classic PvP
  • Scaling of weapon damage has been reduced
  • No TEK Engrams
  • No cave building
  • Cryopods enabled
  • Tamed Stegosaurus Resistance reduced by 35%
  • Tamed Quetzal Resistance reduced by 20%
  • Tamed Wyvern Resistance reduced by 20%
  • Tamed Wyvern Damage reduced by 20%
  • Reaper Queen added to the Valguero Aberration Zone

View full article

• Facepalm 1

Your classic servers are being abused by a tribe with immediate connection to a gm account. They ban for 0 reason other than, banning for another tribe to gain progression. Get rid of your admin team for these servers and find one that actually answers support tickets and looks over evidence of 50+ players being banned. They banned a player for picking another off a griff during flight, which is not a 3rd party program. They ban for one tribes gain if another tribe beats them in anyway. 

Dont waste your time playing these if theyre not going to treat your tribe equally/fairly as the main pocket dev tribe on these servers. Their pocket dev's dont even know their own game and its mechanics that are part of the game, its one thing to ban/dev for hacking/ cheating its another to ban / dev an entire tribe for 1 players actions and or a mechanic that has been part of the game since raganarok release. If they instil more communication between enforcement maybe this will be better, but the lack of communication by enforcement towards any players that dont directly have connection to their chinese enforcement team, goodluck getting anything done. jumping through hoops for month, multiple players putting in support tickets, emails being sent to both Wildcard and Snailgames. 

Sorry I named the cheating tribe but sending tickets did nothing I’m still banned even though I was out of tribe for weeks and hadn’t played any classic in those weeks.  A tribe with clear ties to a Dev is very obvious and not fair to a lot of people.  A person got banned within minutes of trash talking that tribe in global so yeah...  as fun as classic could be I wouldn’t regiment playing theres cheaters in the enforcement team there.  

Why start a new cluster? You have enforcement that isnt doing there job and just banning and devwiping tribes for no reason. The enforcement isnt legit and are corrupt so why waste more of our time doing this? I had my account banned one i have over 20k hrs on and no bans until now. If you fix this issue with a tribe having a personal dev and there call every second of the day it would be better. You cant even defend your own base. They show up you push them off you get banned saying using 3rd party plug ins. Yet when i put a ticket in for proof it just gets auto closed. So there needs to be shown proof before you go banning mass amounts of people

Wait, so after what seems to be rampant GM abuse in favor of particular tribes, banning randomly anyone who bests said tribe... they think they can just make another cluster to lure in unsuspecting innocent bobs, like I was, so they can ban them too? I don't know the first thing about cheating, much less how to even play this game well... I wasn't in a tribe with anyone but people I saw in person, and we were all still banned this past season. My 11 year old daughter, who signed in for one day, helped us build a stone base, and logged out, was banned after I had a pvp encounter with said tribe.

I love classic. I love Ark. I would love to play again. But in this environment that has proven to be hostile to honest players in favor of those who apparently have some back-door dealings with admins? 0/10 would not recommend, would not play again, have advised everyone I know to avoid this cluster at all costs. Moderation on this cluster is atrocious. I say this as honest feedback in hopes of positive change-- there are hundreds of honest players wanting to play classic, but I promise you none of those players will return to Season 4 part 2 without overdue accountability and transparency.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

Aim botters and ESP are rampant on this mode. Active enforcement really is too reactionary. 

as I dealt with another person with this problem, just leave WC be. bots are annoying, yes, but don't be annoying. just let WC work on getting genesis pt 2 and important dlcs (not THAT important, but this event is just a filler for  a little company for all of us), then work on the bugs and doofus material. capiche?

1 minute ago, Magmasaur103 said:

as I dealt with another person with this problem, just leave WC be. bots are annoying, yes, but don't be annoying. just let WC work on getting genesis pt 2 and important dlcs (not THAT important, but this event is just a filler for  a little company for all of us), then work on the bugs and doofus material. capiche?

nvm, lemme edit this via quote bc I'm lazy:
chinese bots are also annoying, but what'cha gonna do? hasn't china always tried to stay one step ahead of us, and always will? skill, tech, knowledge, etc.

The cheaters currently ruling season 4 apparently got bored and asked for more players to cheat against, but as nobody wants to play classic because of the cheaters that rule it, their dev buddies thought up a way to attract both 1) less competitive players that wont pose as much of a challenge for their cheats and 2) more players they can cheat against as soon as the clusters merge.

This would be less pathetic if GM support on the classic servers wasn't just a guy who paid for someone to build a bot program that automates responses for him. I would say he wasn't worth the money they pay him, but it is not like anything has changed over the last few years.