Ways Ark 2 can improve from the original

Willeh

His "improvements" will turn the GLOBAL and HUGE ARK world into a local sandbox PVP mess. With the same attitude, we can go play Fortnite...

His "improvements" will delete the survival and competition parts of the game. Yes, there will be still tribe fights but only until someone will win... Remember that feeling when you need to hide because that weird Italian tribe trying to reap your tribe like a ripe fruit? When you're hiding to get stronger, to get better in-game you doing risky, crazy things. Remember when the fear turns into confidence! That competition part when despite tech inequality, population inequality - you doing it. You're growing, you're smashing your enemies, or you using diplomacy, searching for allies, merging to grow faster, to become more powerful, to become bigger.. and it's all about to fight a safe place for you and your tribe to do the PVE content that perfectly makes you stronger in PVP and gives you that satisfaction, you know what I'm talking about, don't you? :) And now YOU are a tribe that makes everyone in awe. Fear and admiration. Fear and ambition. Fear and motivation...

ARK is almost perfect in the balance... We need anti-cheat. And more sandbox. Nothing else. You probably didn't learn it in 900 hours, and he probably didn't learn in after all of these 6000 hours...

"ARK is almost perfect in the balance... We need anti-cheat. And more sandbox. Nothing else" Sure, but we're talking about Ark 2 :).  I think after 900 hours, especially 6000, you learn what you like and dislike in ark. 

I think you're referring to the Tiered PVP/Progression system. You're arguments are valid, and I also have several reservations for that point as well. Even though half his video is centered on PVP, his other suggestions were very good in my opinion. 

I agree mostly with the following points below. I also believe they will increase the "survival aspect of the game". 

1. Weather - I can see this making the game so much more immersive, and challenging. Seasons would also be a great addition. The types of seasons and weather events would vary from Biome to Biome. You'd get hurricanes, rain and longer summer season on the beach. If you were in a tundra, you'd experience longer winters, and sever snow storms. Yes, there is weather in the game, but I agree that this could be improved in the new game.

2. Vegetation - I really like his idea that you can only get certain types of berries/vegetations depending on the Biome/Season. This adds a layer of immersions and difficulty, the kind of difficulty that I think players would appreciate. 

3. Taming - I don't know about you, but I do enjoy the current taming system. The Majority of Tames is "knock out and stuff if full of food". It's boring, extremely easy, and once more... boring.   Some Dinosaurs in Ark are tamed/ obtained in unique ways. I'd like to see a more interactive taming system.

4. Building - It's very clunky.  I love building in games, but Ark is just painful. Because of the way snap points work, building is very challenging in a bad and frustrating way. The worst part is, building is very bad for performance. I expect that will be fixed with a new engine. 

5 hours ago, Willeh said:

"ARK is almost perfect in the balance... We need anti-cheat. And more sandbox. Nothing else" Sure, but we're talking about Ark 2 :).  I think after 900 hours, especially 6000, you learn what you like and dislike in ark. 

I think you're referring to the Tiered PVP/Progression system. You're arguments are valid, and I also have several reservations for that point as well. Even though half his video is centered on PVP, his other suggestions were very good in my opinion. 

I agree mostly with the following points below. I also believe they will increase the "survival aspect of the game". 

1. Weather - I can see this making the game so much more immersive, and challenging. Seasons would also be a great addition. The types of seasons and weather events would vary from Biome to Biome. You'd get hurricanes, rain and longer summer season on the beach. If you were in a tundra, you'd experience longer winters, and sever snow storms. Yes, there is weather in the game, but I agree that this could be improved in the new game.

2. Vegetation - I really like his idea that you can only get certain types of berries/vegetations depending on the Biome/Season. This adds a layer of immersions and difficulty, the kind of difficulty that I think players would appreciate. 

3. Taming - I don't know about you, but I do enjoy the current taming system. The Majority of Tames is "knock out and stuff if full of food". It's boring, extremely easy, and once more... boring.   Some Dinosaurs in Ark are tamed/ obtained in unique ways. I'd like to see a more interactive taming system.

4. Building - It's very clunky.  I love building in games, but Ark is just painful. Because of the way snap points work, building is very challenging in a bad and frustrating way. The worst part is, building is very bad for performance. I expect that will be fixed with a new engine. 

Yes, those are good. But other stuff is destructive.

Archived