Community Crunch 257: LiveOps Update, New Sponsored Mods, and more!

StudioWildcard

18 hours ago, ShadowRazvan said:

Can anyone please recommend a good tutorial for making a map? (or a discord server, anything that can help)

The ones I found on youtube are extremely hard to follow and I have some custom dinos + great ideas that I would love to implement.

The donkey boy(actually I think it’s just donkey now, look up donkey Ark Dev Kit On YT) has a pretty good one, but there are other methods too, I’d try thoes, also watch Zen Rowe, and join the modding discord 

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Magmasaur103 said:

I don't play extinction, so I wouldn't know anyways due to not being an online player. more PvE person. don't wanna talk about why, me, dinobros2000, and someone else discussed it.

if anything, I'm pretty sure PvE means player vs entity?

The thing about PvE on extinction so far up till now was , PvE*  with the asterisk being that other players would use the corrupted to attack you, but you could do little to defend yourself.  Traditional defenses do lower damage to corrupted creatures.  You would need gigas to defend against corrupted gigas for the most part.  They were flying the corrupted to your base ontop of their skiffs..... They could drop them wherever they wanted on your base.  If your base was up high, they would take corrupted pteras and break out the foundations your defenses couldn't reach, or take out the cliff platforms your base was situated on.   They could teleport corrupted wilds from above your base and drop them into your area or on top of your tames and base, there would be 2 or 3 of them doign this.  WHile you were trying to decide how to proceed defending and saving your stuff, they were going right for the bags of your broken cryo fridges.

You were faced w/ this quick moment of, how do i record video of this?  or do i focus on that or do i try and unpod some gigas to go after the wilds, but while doing that, you are watching 3 people hop off their snow owls and proceed to clear all the bags of your blueprints and pods.....

it's a maddening process that WC has failed to address for years now.  Their solutions were all poop.  They could have simply copy pasted the meteor shower boundry to corrupted class dinos so they couldn't do damage inside the domes and city, adding a caveat to block off the sunken forest and they would have been done.   But nooooo, don't listen to the advice we gave them on this long ago.

They just put a patch that we'll see how the map works going forwards, maybe I"m wrong and nothing annoying will come of it.  But this solution , to me, seems like it is a band aid that will have to be revisited after they get done w/ gen2.  My bet is this was easiest solution to avoid spending resources on the problem while they try to finish up gen2.

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

The thing about PvE on extinction so far up till now was , PvE*  with the asterisk being that other players would use the corrupted to attack you, but you could do little to defend yourself.  Traditional defenses do lower damage to corrupted creatures.  You would need gigas to defend against corrupted gigas for the most part.  They were flying the corrupted to your base ontop of their skiffs..... They could drop them wherever they wanted on your base.  If your base was up high, they would take corrupted pteras and break out the foundations your defenses couldn't reach, or take out the cliff platforms your base was situated on.   They could teleport corrupted wilds from above your base and drop them into your area or on top of your tames and base, there would be 2 or 3 of them doign this.  WHile you were trying to decide how to proceed defending and saving your stuff, they were going right for the bags of your broken cryo fridges.

You were faced w/ this quick moment of, how do i record video of this?  or do i focus on that or do i try and unpod some gigas to go after the wilds, but while doing that, you are watching 3 people hop off their snow owls and proceed to clear all the bags of your blueprints and pods.....

it's a maddening process that WC has failed to address for years now.  Their solutions were all poop.  They could have simply copy pasted the meteor shower boundry to corrupted class dinos so they couldn't do damage inside the domes and city, adding a caveat to block off the sunken forest and they would have been done.   But nooooo, don't listen to the advice we gave them on this long ago.

They just put a patch that we'll see how the map works going forwards, maybe I"m wrong and nothing annoying will come of it.  But this solution , to me, seems like it is a band aid that will have to be revisited after they get done w/ gen2.  My bet is this was easiest solution to avoid spending resources on the problem while they try to finish up gen2.

I'm starting to think I should be GLAD I don't play online 😂

12 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

The donkey boy(actually I think it’s just donkey now, look up donkey Ark Dev Kit On YT) has a pretty good one, but there are other methods too, I’d try thoes, also watch Zen Rowe, and join the modding discord 

don't ask why I reacted with the laughing reaction. just, don't.
I have my reasons

Edited by Magmasaur103

Five years in and your grand plan is updating the rules .....absolutely brilliant idea there guys I’m sure up dating the rule will stop the 1000,s of aim botters duper’s meshers Espers....etc I bet the shaking the in the duped boots!!!!!! Absolutely a joke your ignore the issue you have no idea how to fix worn even acknowledge them.....mean while half the games getting slapped to the head 

• Facepalm 4

1 hour ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

Five years in and your grand plan is updating the rules .....absolutely brilliant idea there guys I’m sure up dating the rule will stop the 1000,s of aim botters duper’s meshers Espers....etc I bet the shaking the in the duped boots!!!!!! Absolutely a joke your ignore the issue you have no idea how to fix worn even acknowledge them.....mean while half the games getting slapped to the head 

I think if you're talking about the issues with bots and all, try to give WC some respect. you do realize this covid bullcrap isn't helping sh*t. slowing to almost closing businesses, and for some, just plainly getting covid is a worry. I don't see the fuss over this if it's just another version of the flew. anyways, back on track, just let WC work on genesis pt 2, and they'll try to fix the bugs AFTER, just so they don't have to be pounded with people like you posting negative comments like this.

tbh, I'm slapping my forehead just looking at this post..

Edited by Magmasaur103
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

I'm quoting this again to ask you: if you give horrible criticism to WC, why go in here anyways? all you do is spread your, let's put it this way, 'corruption'. the point of this place is to give ideas, or to help others with something. NOT to just be completely rude. if you're gonna be like this, might as well log off and leave. WC doesn't require such haters... only people with respect and kindness towards others... (I know, the last part was cringe, but still apart of the point.)

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2021 at 9:16 AM, ProfessorSpex said:

Hey! I am so happy that my art was featured here! I know it isn't the best, but it was my first digital artwork. I'm so happy to be a part of this community! That's so cool...

better than I could do. don't even try me, trust me on this.

Edited by Magmasaur103
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, oneof said:

In few survived tames (1 therizinosaur and few owl) i found 7 corrupted giga heard.

I guess it was a lot of work for "Environment" to kite them into underground forest to my base.

Why did you quote me? I literally just stated a meaning of an acronym. Not like I made any sort of statement.

On 3/10/2021 at 12:17 AM, Dinobros2000 said:

Why did you quote me? I literally just stated a meaning of an acronym. Not like I made any sort of statement.

You are right, nothing against your post, take it as a unlucky quote, sorry.

Im just pissed on mode PVE is designed.

Too much PVP elements in PVE Environment and all effort and fixes devs  make is just cause of PVP.

Few PVP elements in PVE or changes cause of PVP:

-Anyone can turn off/on your ("locked") structures like campfire, forge, generator..

-Pilaring (mean also killing newcomers with cold and by starving them as they cant place campfire) you are too close to enemy foundation in PVE - mean not to friendly but enemy structure

- making wild animals to attack your tames or structures, just to mention Extinction and stealing years of work in that way in PVE.

- stealing from your storages/vaults/tek storages including hacking and finding other way to break structures

-causing death and stealing avatar inventory 

-infinite ways of scam ( including also possibility tribe members have)

-constant PVE nerfing devs do because of  problems they have on PVP servers on tames abilities, on structures and other

That is just few things our PVE vs Environment have.

I believe that other gamers can add a lot more examples to it .

Its basically PVP  but it require a lot more courage, patience, imagination and determination than on real PVP servers.

30 minutes ago, oneof said:

You are right, nothing against your post, take it as a unlucky quote, sorry.

Im just pissed on mode PVE is designed.

Too much PVP elements in PVE Environment and all effort and fixes devs  make is just cause of PVP.

Few PVP elements in PVE or changes cause of PVP:

-Anyone can turn off/on your ("locked") structures like campfire, forge, generator..

-Pilaring (mean also killing newcomers with cold and by starving them as they cant place campfire) you are too close to enemy foundation in PVE - mean not to friendly but enemy structure

- making wild animals to attack your tames or structures, just to mention Extinction and stealing years of work in that way in PVE.

- stealing from your storages/vaults/tek storages including hacking and finding other way to break structures

-causing death and stealing avatar inventory 

-infinite ways of scam ( including also possibility tribe members have)

-constant PVE nerfing devs do because of  problems they have on PVP servers on tames abilities, on structures and other

That is just few things our PVE vs Environment have.

I believe that other gamers can add a lot more examples to it .

Its basically PVP  but it require a lot more courage, patience, imagination and determination than on real PVP servers.

Many of this is true. Also I notice much of these problems can be lessened/fixed by simply making it so other tribes can’t access your bags and boxes in PvE. People would stop finding ways to destroy structures and kite dinos because they don’t get rewards from it. Still people would do it just to grief or they found a way around the bag thing, and if so, just try and patch the exploiters anyway and the bag thing. Suddenly your list is lots shorter.

-Anyone can turn off stuff(btw if it’s in a building ur fine)

-pillaring

-infinite ways of scam(cuz it’s a game ofc)

-PvE nerfing