Community Crunch 257: LiveOps Update, New Sponsored Mods, and more!

StudioWildcard

3 minutes ago, ShadowRazvan said:

Can anyone please recommend a good tutorial for making a map? (or a discord server, anything that can help)

The ones I found on youtube are extremely hard to follow and I have some custom dinos + great ideas that I would love to implement.

While some resources are outdated, they can still be relevant. However, the best would be to join the Ark modding discord.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

No they do not, they do have a chance of becoming one tho. 

Yes me too, I'm hoping for Darkholis and Glacius, I’d be the most unique DLC and it would be awesome to see it finished. However I feel it more likely they chose Olympus/Hope/Fonjor, as more “the island” maps. Cuz that’s what the free DLCs are.

Maybe it's from years of The Sims but I would love more customization options for my character's appearance. PS player

I wish all those MODS will be on Ark... but ALAS!!! We must to take one... and i really will love to have the hairstyles, the new map, the Prehistorics Beasts... but not Glacius... its kinda boring... even the map seems boring... the viking one seems to be more promising than Glacius... But, its just my opinion. And we need other hairstyles... new map with new skins for been a real Viking... its awesome.

Yea, I'm not convinced this corrupted fix for PVE is an end all be all solution.  What about how OSDs work going forwards?  Now people can just build around the drop points and leave bases at each one to dominate them? 

There's gonna have to be some sort of DoT to structures in the wastelands or some other mechanisms to keep the areas cleared.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

-  "we have disabled corrupted dino damage against all structures on PvE specifically. "

Thank you and i hope that this time is true as patch notes v310.80 - 06/04/2020 that teleporting corrupted dinos was disabled was not true.

After i lost base on extinction i gave up on Ark, losing base on isle and all dinos as non loging for long time.

I did not wrote to support as support do not exist or even if exist such entity called support team then they have "internal policy" to suck monthly salary without doing  anything.

Thank you again but is a bit late your solution for me.

Will be more careful before and if i buy Ark2.

Edited by oneof

11 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Yea, I'm not convinced this corrupted fix for PVE is an end all be all solution.  What about how OSDs work going forwards?  Now people can just build around the drop points and leave bases at each one to dominate them? 

There's gonna have to be some sort of DoT to structures in the wastelands or some other mechanisms to keep the areas cleared.

Hopefully a temporary solution before a real proper and working one (other 2-3 years?)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I don't play extinction, so I wouldn't know anyways due to not being an online player. more PvE person. don't wanna talk about why, me, dinobros2000, and someone else discussed it.

if anything, I'm pretty sure PvE means player vs entity?

Edited by Magmasaur103

4 hours ago, bymateovv said:

dont forget drops and veins destroy every structure when they spawns.

not quite.  I've been to many a drop w/ orp structures surrounding the drops.  They didn't blank when we finished the OSDs. I can only imagine, but some people will find some way to make this harder for everyone else.

Edited by GrumpyBear

17 hours ago, ALosito said:

Maybe it's from years of The Sims but I would love more customization options for my character's appearance. PS player

I would too, but not really love, it’s just a little better that way. Also if we could change our hairstyle during char creation.

17 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

I wish all those MODS will be on Ark... but ALAS!!! We must to take one... and i really will love to have the hairstyles, the new map, the Prehistorics Beasts... but not Glacius... its kinda boring... even the map seems boring... the viking one seems to be more promising than Glacius... But, its just my opinion. And we need other hairstyles... new map with new skins for been a real Viking... its awesome.

What’s boring about Glacius. It’s a difficult challenging ark meant to test you. 

16 hours ago, Alessio89 said:

So nice patch.. but here some new nasty bugs:

- group whistles are broken. (Beware before doing bsoses!!!!  EDIT: looks like it is also fixed with 324.17)

- spyglass doesn't work anymore on wild dinos (EDIT: fixed in v324.17 - 03/05/2021 - minor client version update)

Ohh yoikes. Is this offical, Unoffical, Singleplayer, PvP PvE? Also submit a ticket.

14 hours ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

YAY , another copy/paste Island ........yawn

Uhhh..... no. Neither of these mod maps are copy pasted. Nordic one has vast intresting caves with rock drakes, and intresting diffrent biomes the other is a massive Frozen map. With lots of intresting biomes and effects ment to challenge you and make a fun game.

14 hours ago, Darkholis said:

*deleted*

Ah the spiteful things we don’t want others to read!

11 hours ago, Garyo86 said:

"Snow storms and blizzards"
Ah so it will be just like the snow biome in genesis, that bluescreens us every few mins making 1/5th of the genesis DLC unplayable?

Good to see some fixes but you need to do something about that biome immediately, you have left it a game breaking issue for long enough.

Ummm no. First of this is a modded map, not made by wildcard, 2 the snowstorms and blizzards and supercold is based of SEs weather events. I haven’t had a single crash in hours playing on the map. Also, it has ice variants of many dinos, and an intricate massive cave with a mini boss. And that’s only the start. There’s new biomes and stuff to come.

• Like 2