Linux Server version is not verbose.

Destrian

• 1 month later...

I've noticed nothing shows up in the log until the server is stopped (at least during testing with nobody on the server)

In GameUserSettings.ini, there is this entry:

RCONServerGameLogBuffer=600

But probably only applies to how many lines get returned when viewing remotely.  Might not trigger a flush to disk if this number is lowered.

I tried the "getchat" command via rcon to see if it causes the buffer to dump to the log file...however, there might not be anything to flush on my test server.

I find it really odd we don't have realtime access to log data so we could use a "tail -f" command to keep an eye on the log as entries are added.

LHammonds

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, LHammonds said:

I've noticed nothing shows up in the log until the server is stopped (at least during testing with nobody on the server)

In GameUserSettings.ini, there is this entry:

RCONServerGameLogBuffer=600

But probably only applies to how many lines get returned when viewing remotely.  Might not trigger a flush to disk if this number is lowered.

I tried the "getchat" command via rcon to see if it causes the buffer to dump to the log file...however, there might not be anything to flush on my test server.

I find it really odd we don't have realtime access to log data so we could use a "tail -f" command to keep an eye on the log as entries are added.

LHammonds

You can set the following launch option to force the asynchronous writer to flush each outputs:

-forcelogflush

But it can be extremely resource intensive due to how noisy logging can get and how slow filesystem calls can be. Alternatively, the following option should enable real-time logging in the server console (or an external one if set client-side):

-log

Or, you can set it to any symlinked name you want:

log=foo.log -forcelogflush

And tail that buffer.

Archived