Goodbye forever the amateur disaster that is ARK

Oieru

First, I would like to say how sorry I am to have sticked to this poop for so long, through all of the mistakes and repeated insults from the devs. I regret to have ever played this.

PVE... What a joke. Not even PVE anymore. Despite reports for over a month, developers have, as always ignored the problem.

While a tribemate was online, a lowlife of a scum lured in a corrupted pteranodon on extinction under our metal platform and destroyed half of a building where ALL the cryopods where. The player pulled us all in water, killed us and took all the best gear. I can never recover from this.

Hundreds and hundreds of creatures, thousands of poured hours wasted into oblivion because developers fail to actually to their job for a product I PAYED THEM. I will not repeat this mistake with this developer team.

Goodbye forever ARK, you never rose to your potential, held back by amateur developers that are good only at ignoring their community. New players, for your own good sake, stay away from this sinking ship. Go outside, enjoy nature and install Kerbal Space Program for some evening fun.

Capture.JPG

It is true, i was online by the time. So here is what happened:

I joined Ark in the morning and started breeding some dinos. I waited for gestation and came back. While feeding the dinos and waiting for new babies i saw the parasaur notifications. I circled the base twice but i couldn't see any red point so it could be a wild dino behind the wall, it happens sometimes.

Babies came out and i started feeding them. As you know the baby stage is painful sometimes and you must sit near the babies untill they grow a little. It was all normal, parasaur calmed down, all was quiet. After a few minutes new babies started to run away for no reason. I run inside to see why dinos are so stressed. We have plant X above the base because random players lured corupted wyverns in our base from the beginning of extinction so we expected at an aerial atack any time.

When i opened the base door the floor on pillars was gone and a wall disappeared. Meanwhile a wild corupted pteranodon was wondering inside the base destroying tek boxes and structures. I killed the wild dino quick and i went to see the damage. All this time i keep getting messages of my tribemates being killed. I jumped down where the bodies were supposed to be and i couldn't find anyone. 

A tribemate came online quick in my aid and we started looking around. We found this player on a snow owl luring another corupted pteranodon to the last pillars so he can destroy the rest of the base and get all the loot. All we could do was killing the corupted pteranodon he got for us and taking a picture of him before he disappeared. 

The X plants couldn't shoot below the base. It wasn't even necessary because the pillars were made of tek (the most resistant structure in the game, right?) and below the base we have gates and only regular creatures spawn there. Tek parasaur didn't see anything because it was too far away. 

Long story short it was half PvP on a PvE server because we coudn't damage the player that stole all our tames but he damaged of our base.

PS: We lost years of work and dedication because of this. It was really fun to play this game since the beginning, a lot of good adventures regarding all the bugs and issues. We choose PvE mode because all our tribemambers are full time job people so we can't afford to play only a couple of hours a week or less. It is sad (because we could hardly wait for the last map to be released and we played with so much joy) to end the game in this way.

Beeing the ''tribemate that came online quick and started looking around'', and by my work IRL, i know this is only a drop in the jar of player's tears that will never overflow

nothing is dramatic enough for the studio

It doesn't need to be repeared.. just to acknowledge, say sorry and move on, how many before us had experienced this? thousands probably

we lost so many friends in game due to the lack of concern of Wild Card

impossible to get back lost characters, impossible to trace items that are lost, to roll back correctly, to inform player or have a decent communication with your player bases

looks like you guys never wanted to update your log info and are still the shadow of what wildcard was 5 years ago, nothing has change, just continuing your amateur job

Everytime i go out of the base, i have to be ready to loose everything without reason (killing border, crash without respawn info, lag save spike) or by some jerks mostly from Asia .

There is only one thing to do untill WC act, it's: breeding things, that may never be used, or stolen before use & repeat .

you don't have to speak Wild card, your silence is already painfull enough

i think we play on the same extinction server, veridian, outside the city in the wasteland on top of that -_-  iam sorry to hear that, i stoped getting online for more then resetting timers/cloning a gacha for months now because of the griefing issue, as soon as i log in doesnt matter if its only 5 minutes i got visitors around my base trying to pull something. doing osd isnt worth it because the server run so bad that i usually get kicked off before i manage finnishing it or if iam able finishing it someone comes in and whips all my loot and raptors off. 

used to love playing on ex, but yea, its absolut nono zone for everbody whos not into stealing and griefing atm.

6AA4FC644616ED556D56E4768388E986E4EA9717

As you can see it destroyed other structures untill he made the corupted dino agro the right structure (metal cliff platform). I played PvP  from time to time and as far as i can tell it takes a ton of c4 or a good arthroplura to destroy a metal cliff platform. But this player made the job done with just 1 or 2 corupted pteranodons.

Oieru took days to snap all the foundations and walls corectly because of the broken snap points on official servers. And this guy destroyed all his work in just a few seconds.

Should the corupted dinos be nerfed?

2 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Not looking to throw some oil on the fire but the toxicity of some PvE players can be on par, if not worst than on PvP servers sadly. This thread is far from being the first occurence and likely not the last one either.

I agree with you. So the only way to fix this would be a rollback to the entire server. Is there any other way we can recover our stuff?

There are techniques to force the server to crash and rollback but you are basically asking to be banned, doing so. Your sole legit way on an official server is to fill a ticket and see how that goes...

Best I can suggest for your peace of mind is to move to a private cluster or even start your own with friends. A good compromise would be to increase rates as to quickly recover some of your lost assets before reverting back to more "official" rates.

4 hours ago, Oieru said:

First, I would like to say how sorry I am to have sticked to this poop for so long, through all of the mistakes and repeated insults from the devs. I regret to have ever played this.

PVE... What a joke. Not even PVE anymore. Despite reports for over a month, developers have, as always ignored the problem.

While a tribemate was online, a lowlife of a scum lured in a corrupted pteranodon on extinction under our metal platform and destroyed half of a building where ALL the cryopods where. The player pulled us all in water, killed us and took all the best gear. I can never recover from this.

Hundreds and hundreds of creatures, thousands of poured hours wasted into oblivion because developers fail to actually to their job for a product I PAYED THEM. I will not repeat this mistake with this developer team.

Goodbye forever ARK, you never rose to your potential, held back by amateur developers that are good only at ignoring their community. New players, for your own good sake, stay away from this sinking ship. Go outside, enjoy nature and install Kerbal Space Program for some evening fun.

Capture.JPG

And this is why you do t play on official. And also have some form of defense such as velonosuars. There’s quite a few easy solutions here u see. Not that I don’t feel bad for you, or am not sorry this happened, I’m just pointing out there was other ways.

Nobody at WildCard will ever admit these, and LOADS more flaws on PvE. I doubt if this ever will be fixed. Like gas in forges for instance.

This comes in pretty convenient when they need the servers for ARK2, i.o.w., never will be fixed.

Just "shut up and give them more", buy ARK2 and fall for the same trick again.

Or be wise.

7 minutes ago, NuFu said:

Nobody at WildCard will ever admit these, and LOADS more flaws on PvE. I doubt if this ever will be fixed. Like gas in forges for instance.

This comes in pretty convenient when they need the servers for ARK2, i.o.w., never will be fixed.

Just "shut up and give them more", buy ARK2 and fall for the same trick again.

Or be wise.

Gas in forges is intentional. Also, don’t play offical

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, NuFu said:

I always found it weird, meteorstorms can't get thru the shielded center of the map, YET CORRUPTED just walk or fly in.

To be fair, the sanctuary is supposed to be a non-corrupted shelter, and the corrupted aggressiveness actually coming from elements radiation, it would makes sense for them to become passive whenever they enter it since veins only spawn in wasteland.

But regardless, changing AI, nerfing stuff, adding such restrictions, limitations, etc. etc. will always result into the same scenario; people finding alternatives. Especially when it comes to destroying others' stuff on PvE to steal their loot. The only effective solution would be to introduce changes that directly affect player's behaviours instead of changing game mechanics. For example, simply making non-allied tribes unable to access item caches that are owned by structures/creatures from other tribes would greatly reduce such griefing in my opinion. I mean, if theft is no longer possible, who would waste their time trying to destroy bases? Remove the reward, and you remove the behaviour. 🤷‍♂️

On 3/3/2021 at 10:02 AM, invincibleqc said:

To be fair, the sanctuary is supposed to be a non-corrupted shelter, and the corrupted aggressiveness actually coming from elements radiation, it would makes sense for them to become passive whenever they enter it since veins only spawn in wasteland.

But regardless, changing AI, nerfing stuff, adding such restrictions, limitations, etc. etc. will always result into the same scenario; people finding alternatives. Especially when it comes to destroying others' stuff on PvE to steal their loot. The only effective solution would be to introduce changes that directly affect player's behaviours instead of changing game mechanics. For example, simply making non-allied tribes unable to access item caches that are owned by structures/creatures from other tribes would greatly reduce such griefing in my opinion. I mean, if theft is no longer possible, who would waste their time trying to destroy bases? Remove the reward, and you remove the behaviour. 🤷‍♂️

Yes good point, onE thing tho, PvE only.

Archived