I need help with transfering dinos between ARKs please!

Barnchez

I recently beat The Island and started up scorched earth. I decided to make a new character for a fresh experience and to get all the new engrams. I've progressed a bit, (Lvl 50) and still don't have any flying tames. After exploring around the map on my Tek Raptor, I never found any exept for the ever present Wyverns tormenting me throughout my journey. Where can I find some good flying tames, or should I just transfer some Pteranodons or Argys to SE? Also, how would I go about transferring those Dinos on the island to SE?

There are tonnes of argies in the mountain areas on scorched (darker rocks rather than the sandy ones) also there are the lymantria although as tames go they probably aren't worth it. If you need help finding Dino's on any map the wiki on gamepedia is a great resource for identifying areas they spawn in. In terms of transferring I'm assuming your on single player not sure how that works especially since you have 2 characters but try the obelisks that's where you usually go about transferring stuff. Sorry someone else might be more helpful there

Transferring on single player:

Must be done at obs/transmitter

You can upload with one character and download with another if the characters share an account

Two ways for dinos;

Take creature to ob, access creature data tab, press upload, confirm message (worded poorly as it says destroys creature data but it just means remove it from that ark)

Exit map and load up map you want to download too. Go to ob/transmitter, Access creature data, press download. (Saddles have to be upliaded separately in ark data)

The 2nd way is to put your creature in a cryopod and use the Ark data tab to upload instead. Rest of the instructions are the same.

I have had creatures in the creature upload disappear when I went to download in single player so I usually just cryo them and upload/download that way.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Transferring on single player:

Must be done at obs/transmitter

You can upload with one character and download with another if the characters share an account

Two ways for dinos;

Take creature to ob, access creature data tab, press upload, confirm message (worded poorly as it says destroys creature data but it just means remove it from that ark)

Exit map and load up map you want to download too. Go to ob/transmitter, Access creature data, press download. (Saddles have to be upliaded separately in ark data)

The 2nd way is to put your creature in a cryopod and use the Ark data tab to upload instead. Rest of the instructions are the same.

I have had creatures in the creature upload disappear when I went to download in single player so I usually just cryo them and upload/download that way.

Would I be able to up/download the character data (Items) without having it be the same character? I thought that uploaded items were bound to that specific survivor and only items/dinos uploaded by that character could be downloaded again on a different Ark.

3 hours ago, Barnchez said:

Would I be able to up/download the character data (Items) without having it be the same character? I thought that uploaded items were bound to that specific survivor and only items/dinos uploaded by that character could be downloaded again on a different Ark.

Yes you can. It is account based. I upload with one character and download with another all the time on official and have done the same thing in single player.

15 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I have had creatures in the creature upload disappear when I went to download in single player so I usually just cryo them and upload/download that way

Yes sir! This has happened to me too and it's soo frustrating! Was transferring a fresh 180 tek rex tame over from rag to the island. Downloaded it and my game crashed. Once I came back it was gone :(. Checked tribe log and all it said was couldn't find spawn area. Destroying creature (Or somethink like that). Tf does that mean lol. I learned my lesson and will always uses cryos now.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, Barnchez said:

I recently beat The Island and started up scorched earth. I decided to make a new character for a fresh experience and to get all the new engrams. I've progressed a bit, (Lvl 50) and still don't have any flying tames. After exploring around the map on my Tek Raptor, I never found any exept for the ever present Wyverns tormenting me throughout my journey. Where can I find some good flying tames, or should I just transfer some Pteranodons or Argys to SE? Also, how would I go about transferring those Dinos on the island to SE?

Just bring flyers over your gonna have a rough time.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:01 PM, Barnchez said:

argies are in SE, just look to the mountains......there is also the moth if your interested.

Archived