Titanosaur killing

HardasaRock

Killed one once with a 185 Ice Wyvern.... Never again. When Titans first came out we used to send em into the ocean and I'd go at them with a mosa, incredibly long fight and if I missed the last hit and it drowned we got nothing. Now I just use imprinted giga, just one is all I need. 124 ascended saddle, the giga barely gets any damage. 1440 percent melee currently, and it takes less than a minute to kill them.

I’d love to use a wyvern, but as I’m level 31, I think it would be almost as difficult to tame a wyvern as kill a Titan, especially as I cannot fly until level 38, which is why I am killing it, so that I can get a saddle for my pteranodon. Plus I can’t get a saddle to fly the wyvern and therefore it would be harder to kill the big Titan 

14 minutes ago, HardasaRock said:

I’d love to use a wyvern, but as I’m level 31, I think it would be almost as difficult to tame a wyvern as kill a Titan, especially as I cannot fly until level 38, which is why I am killing it, so that I can get a saddle for my pteranodon. Plus I can’t get a saddle to fly the wyvern and therefore it would be harder to kill the big Titan 

I seriously doubt you could get the xp. You're unlikely to get the finishing blow. If you want easy xp at a low level collect explorer notes or craft rafts

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, HardasaRock said:

Killing those things is pretty endgame stuff. At 31 I wouldn't bother with it.

6 hours ago, HardasaRock said:

I am level 31. I am planning to kill a titanosaur nearby for XP. I know that you get 14,000 XP for killing it, but can’t be bothered to do the maths and find out how many levels this is. Also, do you get the XP from drowning it, or do you have to get the final killing shot with an arrow or something?

You must land the killing blow to get the XP, that's how ARK works with every kill.

11 hours ago, HardasaRock said:

I am level 31. I am planning to kill a titanosaur nearby for XP. I know that you get 14,000 XP for killing it, but can’t be bothered to do the maths and find out how many levels this is. Also, do you get the XP from drowning it, or do you have to get the final killing shot with an arrow or something?

you gotta get that last hit in to kill it, if you plan  on trying to drown it, make sure your nearby and try to hit it with something big.

As a lvl 31 tho, your options are highly limited. You might just try to get about 20-50 crossbows and 1000 arrows and lure it to the side of a cliff it can't climb?

after looking at the list of engrams at your disposal, as well as the wiki, I see 3 things that "MIGHT" work and one that should work. Ballista turret, and 500 spear bolts....Sadly a chain bola will not work at immobilizing a titano, so you may wish to install multiple shield walls to either slow down, or guide the titano away from the bolista. However I think you should also add a few dino's to the list as well to help with this as a final take down method.

2. I have noticed that your engram list has trike saddles....Unlock them, go get a couple stego's and set them up one by one to help tank some damage?

3. The wiki itself lists the allosaurs as a "smarter" way to deal with titano's due to its bleed effect.....simple have two allo's run up to, gnash, and then run away from the titano in order to get a bleed effect of 11500 damage. Wash rinse and repeat untill your ready to deal the final blow.

Whatever you do, just keep in mind, the titano houses nearly 300k health, so no matter which direction you go, its gonna be a bit of time invested to kill it, no matter preparing for the main event.....By the time you add taming times, crafting costs, and material harvesting, its a question as to if you would be better off doing something else.
However if you was only worried about lvling up, well you are looking to gain a HUGE profit from such an action. Especially if your able to get a note or take the broth of enlightenment just before the kill. You may see an additional 25-30 levels. 

Unless you are playing on a server where levels are restricted (such as beginners), don't bother. A quick explorer note run will net you vastly more XP with minimal effort.
If you are adamant on taking one down at your level, you can always try to get it stuck and slowly grind away its massive hp pool...

Best of luck!

13 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

I've killed one with a fire and lightening wyvern. 2 separate occasions. Took forever, but the fire attack really helps, and the lightening breath is pretty powerful too.

Iv actually done this myself once.....just gotten a couple of insane level zombie wyverns and I noticed one of them had about 600% melee.....Best wyvern ever, and couldn't breed it x.x

But titano was just a few minutes walk in the park till he was zapped :P

Archived