Are there some funky auto decay timers going off? Was away for about 36 hours and log on to find that a bunch of my metal triangle ceilings and a greenhouse triangle ceiling were "auto decayed". It makes no sense cause they were very much attached to other structures. They acted like they were on the "solo" 12 hour decay timer. 

Exactly how it sounds. They were attached to structures. It was a seemingly random choosing of triangle ceilings, as there are many that remained. And it was easily within 36 hours of being away. Not the usual 15 day timer that is for attached steel structures. Leaving my structure "speckled". 

As I side note; a day after the Valentines event ended, I tamed a doedicurus that auto decayed within seconds of taming.

Pve Official Ps4

On 3/1/2021 at 5:06 AM, 2OLEgend said:

There is a bug, or there was the last time I checked, where triangle greenhouse ceilings could be picked up even way after the construction timer elapsed. 

Yeah, greenhouse triangles can still be picked up. I don't know if it's actually a bug or if it was intended, though. But never the metal ones.

On 2/28/2021 at 11:29 PM, Cowgirl said:

I at one point (it's been a while) had some wooden railings decay. They were in the middle of the bridge and the ones on each side did not decay, HOW?! 

Yeah that's exactly it. I was wondering if maybe they registered a false snap point when I went through and replaced the stone with metal, somehow? But that doesn't make sense either, cause I've done that to other structures and had no issues. 

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In general, the triangle ceilings are dangerous to place furniture on.  The dependencies are really difficult to predict, and one replaced tile could wipe out half a floor including all that is set upon it.

My tribemate noticed the same thing w/ triangles used on his skiff.  This came up about a week or 2 ago for him, they just vanished while he was sleeping irl.

The only suggestion I can make to watch for it, is using H key and look at the timers of your triangle stuff.

Archived