Is Valhalla not happening now?

Nellebean

9 minutes ago, Nellebean said:

They said that genisis 2 will be the final one. I was soo looking forward to this does anyone know anything, or is this map gone for good now?

There has never been a future roadmap that I've seen in 6 years of ARK about non-canon ARKs being added.  Off the top of my head, I seem to recall that ExcitedKangaroo confessed a scaling/build volume problem or something techy-like about Valhalla that really adversely affected the stability of the map, and that it wasn't being developed further.  I think Kangaroo and CO worked then on the Ragnarok map.

Googling it, Valhalla has updates in 2019 and a message on the map download page that says that Kangaroo isn't going to expand it further, but has been developing it to try and fix the mistakes that were made in the old problematic build.

Non-canon ARKs being added are always a surprise, which is kinda neat.  I for one was totally blindsided by Crystal Isles being added, but IsoldeGaming deserves a ton of attention because that map is stunning.  It was great to see it added after so many years of goofing around on a singleplayer build.

Hope this info helps, if you Google you might be able to find some better info than I'm offering.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived