problem with audio since jun 2015

HiImZech

unlike other recent games ark doesn't lets us select the audio devices. normally this would be fine until I found out my new mic isn't playing well in ark.

it appears ark is headstrong on using realtek audio driver for whatever audio processing.

while there are options for you to change your output devices via window's interface and ark will follow suit, input devices aren't so fortunate. default is set to the mic, and its working across every other applications. just not ark. it's even working in steam chat.

I have yet to find a way to make seiren x work in ark. my previous headset did work (haven't tested the nari) without much hassle, but that headset doesn't come with its own set of software

picture for reference

image.png

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

unlike other recent games ark doesn't lets us select the audio devices. normally this would be fine until I found out my new mic isn't playing well in ark.

it appears ark is headstrong on using realtek audio driver for whatever audio processing.

while there are options for you to change your output devices via window's interface and ark will follow suit, input devices aren't so fortunate. default is set to the mic, and its working across every other applications. just not ark. it's even working in steam chat.

I have yet to find a way to make seiren x work in ark. my previous headset did work (haven't tested the nari) without much hassle, but that headset doesn't come with its own set of software

picture for reference

image.png

Steam → Friends → Manage friends list settings → VOICE → VOICE INPUT/OUTPUT DEVICE

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

ARK is using Steam's voice protocol by default (unless you are on a server that uses Vivox), so will use whatever device you have set on Steam.

OK I believe you - but I've also struggled a LOT with Ark voice chat - and never had issue with Steam voice chat. Maybe something to do with key for voice toggle? Or always on? Or something? Steam works OK - Ark often does not.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DirkInSA said:

OK I believe you - but I've also struggled a LOT with Ark voice chat - and never had issue with Steam voice chat. Maybe something to do with key for voice toggle? Or always on? Or something? Steam works OK - Ark often does not.

Issues often are the device mentioned above being set to "Default", instead of explicitly set to the device you want to use.

17 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Issues often are the device mentioned above being set to "Default", instead of explicitly set to the device you want to use.

ok I'll try that again

however this doesn't really explain why stereo mix (the one you see disabled) will play audio from your computer (like youtube) into ark if its not set to disabled

Archived