Managar Dino is to OP (from BOB perspective)

Cascco

I return to ARK 1 month ago and it was never ever so hard to play. Its usually 3 days peace until some Grieffer will come with Mana and destroy evrything. Sometimes it was day after day. Dont tell me to go PVE or to find a bigger tribe cause there should be some balance where i have a little chance to do smth. Problem is with that Dino :

They just travel across the map in 5 seconds and kill whoever they see

It's hard to gather resources on official and they just come and destroy everything

Its always Mana nothing alse, sometimes Wyvern. But mostly Mana. Of course its susualy no name tribes with chinneese language. 

1 player with Mana can destroy all BOB bases on server in 30 minutes that is sick and totally destroy progress in ARK cause no other tribes can get stronger expect those who already are Alpha for over 1 year. Playing on PVP have no sens , cause BOBS have no chance. I was raided 13 times in this month and it was only 1 BOB fight, rest was Mana players 400+ lvl.

What happened to ARK where you had a little chance against other players ? Even HIDE and SEEK dont work, Mana is to fast, i spawned on the other side of map and dude was there near me like in 10 sec. I even had not a chance to grab staff for defend myself. Died naked.

DEVS just doesnt care that its unbalanced ? I understand it that would be Wyvern cause its hard to tame, Giga also (yea its hard for beginners dont tell me that you have a lot of it if you play in MEGA tribe and for over 10kh +) But Mana is super easy to tame for Grieffers if they have  enough res from their Mega tribes. 

Just do smth with it cause servers are super empty, look at Ragnarok , usually 2 online and of course until a player with Mana will come, than its zero. Ppl just give up, no fun.

I have been killed by 123 on a mana more times than I would like to admit.  Every server that I join has a 123 on a mana looking to ruin the game for any new player.  I agree on the point that Ark PvP was a lot of fun in the early days -  before manas and wyverns, before anyone got tek gear and before offline raiding and hacks became the norm.  I would imagine that it would be really difficult for a new player to start in PvP in the state that it is now.  I am sure that some do it, but I wonder what percentage quits altogether or has to go to PvE or unofficial because PvP has become so unwelcoming. 

3 hours ago, Cascco said:

What happened to ARK where you had a little chance against other players ? Even HIDE and SEEK dont work, Mana is to fast, i spawned on the other side of map and dude was there near me like in 10 sec. I even had not a chance to grab staff for defend myself. Died naked.

Its because WC dont care of you and this game anymore.
You have bought your game, then you have done your job.

There was tons of posts at this forums, at discords etc.. of people complaining about manas in pvp. Noone reads it, none listenes.
The only thing you can get here is facepalm emote of Volunteered Moderator.

I suggest to find another game if you are looking for balance.
BUT If you are stubborn, you can try to play Genesis. At least there you can get rid of this poopty creatures.

The most sad thing that all Bobs on server where i play are having that little hope that maybe this time is goona be diffrent after wipe....but sadly it is not. Even Alpha Tribe cant defend us against grieffers its just impossible and they cant invite new players cause they afraid of insiders/impostors. Its just ARK is dying cause of lack new players. Old ones quit sometimes but still it is to long procces.

New Dinos are perfect for grieffers, they killed that feeling of hope to get stronger someday, it was always motivation for new players. There is no fun in PvP when you wake up and has totally 0 dinos and base is wiped. It is fun only for the guy with mana...

Its like Devs pushed those dinos to force new players to rent servers for their own. I dont see a point to play ARK if this situation will continue, and i know nobody will do anything about it. Thats second sad thing. ARK is great game but totally unbalanced in PvP, to much discrepancy beetween Bobs and TEK guys with Mana.

3 hours ago, SMP said:

Manas aren't the problem.  Bobs are the problem.

Remove manas from the game, and the bob will just get eaten by the next most powerful dino.  Eventually, they're complaining about being knocked unconscious by a pachy.

Remove bobs from the game, and consider it problem solved.

Mana's are still wildly unbalanced even if you're in a big tribe with mana lines. There's a reason why they're the go to mount in pvp. Bob's are always going to be at the bottom of the food chain, but if you can't understand how mana's break the balance of the game then you probably don't have much more experience than your average bob.

3 hours ago, SMP said:

Manas aren't the problem.  Bobs are the problem.

Remove manas from the game, and the bob will just get eaten by the next most powerful dino.  Eventually, they're complaining about being knocked unconscious by a pachy.

Remove bobs from the game, and consider it problem solved.

Those "Bobs" are still players, its like telling other ppl that poor ppl are the problems not pandemic situation in the world. Remove poor ppl yes ? Stupid logic. 

If there is a dino which is rly easy to tame and powerful and quick than its not a shame to lose it. Thats why they fly on Mana on the servers without afraid to lose it, they can easly tame another one. If you add difficulty to tame mana or nerf it than situation will be better. Bobs are still players you cant talk or treat them here on forum like a trash, they totally dont deserve it. 

8 hours ago, Cascco said:

Those "Bobs" are still players, its like telling other ppl that poor ppl are the problems not pandemic situation in the world. Remove poor ppl yes ? Stupid logic. 

If there is a dino which is rly easy to tame and powerful and quick than its not a shame to lose it. Thats why they fly on Mana on the servers without afraid to lose it, they can easly tame another one. If you add difficulty to tame mana or nerf it than situation will be better. Bobs are still players you cant talk or treat them here on forum like a trash, they totally dont deserve it. 

I made no judgements about bobs.

Problem: Manas are unfair to bobs

Factors: Manas and bobs

Scenario 1: Remove/nerf manas.  Bobs continue to get pummeled, by weaker manas or some other dino.

Scenario 2:  Remove bobs (aka people stop making themselves easy targets).  Problem solved.

2 hours ago, SMP said:

Scenario 1: Remove/nerf manas.  Bobs continue to get pummeled, by weaker manas or some other dino.

Scenario 2:  Remove bobs (aka people stop making themselves easy targets).  Problem solved.

Before Mana Bob were crying but still playing, cause raiding happened to them 60% less than now. We had more Good Players but less Bobs, now we have More Bobs less Good Players with good Dinos which still continue to Raid in a faster and better way (griefers). Before DLC like Mana Bobs were raided once per two weeks loosing all dino and staff but 70/80% of their bases were standing. Now they are totally wiped 3-4 times a week, and again i want to say - WE HAVE LESS PLAYERS . 

In SUM - If this will continue, there will be no new players till this end of the year, game will die cause Mega Tribes will quit game from natural causes. And nobody will replace them.

15 hours ago, Cascco said:

Before Mana Bob were crying but still playing, cause raiding happened to them 60% less than now. We had more Good Players but less Bobs, now we have More Bobs less Good Players with good Dinos which still continue to Raid in a faster and better way (griefers). Before DLC like Mana Bobs were raided once per two weeks loosing all dino and staff but 70/80% of their bases were standing. Now they are totally wiped 3-4 times a week, and again i want to say - WE HAVE LESS PLAYERS . 

In SUM - If this will continue, there will be no new players till this end of the year, game will die cause Mega Tribes will quit game from natural causes. And nobody will replace them.

10k hours as a solo official pvp player here

Manas aren't the problem. Before manas came out it was pteras that people were complaining about, and as mentioned in a previous post, people will always complain about something that's causing them trouble. Nerf manas and they will be replaced by wyverns, nerf wyverns and they'll be placed by griffins / snow owls, then it'll be something else until the achatina is the pvp raid meta

The increase in bob griefing is due to cryo pods and their current functionality. It's very non-commital for someone to upload a dino in their inventory, throw it out as soon as they spawn in, and they can bring it back when they're done. Pre-extinction you had to upload the dino -> upload the saddle -> Run around barefoot until you find a drop / ob -> download it ->then you could go grief. After that you couldn't move it for 24 hours and it'd get killed (and your server number revealed) unless you hid it well. Because of this we actually had server communities, and as y'all know post-extinction it became mega tribe or die, and not because manas were imbalanced.

Changing how they work will help more than nerfing a dino 'cause it's the access to griefing that got a buff, not the dinos that grief. Target the wrong thing and you'll be back here making another post

2 hours ago, Topherrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

Manas aren't the problem. Before manas came out it was pteras that people were complaining about, and as mentioned in a previous post, people will always complain about something that's causing them trouble. Nerf manas and they will be replaced by wyverns, nerf wyverns and they'll be placed by griffins / snow owls, then it'll be something else until the achatina is the pvp raid meta

The increase in bob griefing is due to cryo pods and their current functionality. It's very non-commital for someone to upload a dino in their inventory, throw it out as soon as they spawn in, and they can bring it back when they're done. Pre-extinction you had to upload the dino -> upload the saddle -> Run around barefoot until you find a drop / ob -> download it ->then you could go grief. After that you couldn't move it for 24 hours and it'd get killed (and your server number revealed) unless you hid it well. Because of this we actually had server communities, and as y'all know post-extinction it became mega tribe or die, and not because manas were imbalanced.

Changing how they work will help more than nerfing a dino 'cause it's the access to griefing that got a buff, not the dinos that grief. Target the wrong thing and you'll be back here making another post

No thanks. I spent all day waiting for transfer timers yesterday as I'm moving my base. The waiting around in this game is already way too much.

Cryopods are a godsend.

While I agree overall about your point in regards to the mana just being the alpha griefer and taking it away would simply make players turn to a new dino to grief with, it's abilities are still out of whack with the rest of the tames in the game.

Ark was better without them.

43 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

No thanks. I spent all day waiting for transfer timers yesterday as I'm moving my base. The waiting around in this game is already way too much.

Cryopods are a godsend.

While I agree overall about your point in regards to the mana just being the alpha griefer and taking it away would simply make players turn to a new dino to grief with, it's abilities are still out of whack with the rest of the tames in the game.

Ark was better without them.

So you transferred your dinos to 2 different servers in 1 day?

Speaking from a community perspective that's not a common situation to the majority of the player base, it'd be silly to stop an important change on the basis that a small portion moves around a lot

18 hours ago, Cascco said:

Too late.  This game was already "killed" by a hundred other things people whined about.  None of us actually play anymore, we just hang out on the forum because it's such a fun community.

4 hours ago, Topherrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

10K hour and that is the best you have??? 14k here. Manas are indeed OP. They have gone through countless nerfs but are still OP. There have been thousands of posts about Manas since their release. They, and extinction, broke the game in many ways. I'm amazing you can't see that with your 10k hours. 

4 minutes ago, jayespi92 said:

10K hour and that is the best you have??? 14k here. Manas are indeed OP. They have gone through countless nerfs but are still OP. There have been thousands of posts about Manas since their release. They, and extinction, broke the game in many ways. I'm amazing you can't see that with your 10k hours. 

It's spelled "amazed" btw.

If you're a small tribe, what a specific dino does is a lot less important than if you're found or not. Once you are discovered it doesn't matter if they have a mana, giga, titan, or a rex because as a solo / bob player you WILL get wiped regardless.

You're welcome to give specific reasons as to why they're OP.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Topherrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

If you're a small tribe, what a specific dino does is a lot less important than if you're found or not. Once you are discovered it doesn't matter if they have a mana, giga, titan, or a rex because as a solo / bob player you WILL get wiped regardless.

I don't know. After playing for 14k hours he might think he's pretty amazing.

The interesting part is. 14k hours. Let's assume you work 8 hours a day (a stretch for most gamers, I know). And sleep for 8 hours a day. Leaves you roughly 8 hours a day for "other' things.

If those "other" things were spent entirely on Ark... then for just shy of 5 years he's done absolutely nothing but play Ark when not working or sleeping. 

And that is not impressive. It's sad.

2 hours ago, Topherrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

Sure - Once you are found: That's why Manas are OP. Argie is too slow to scout with, Petra is a bit squishy, so scout but be careful where you fly / land. Wyvern is quick and not squishy and is ignored by almost everything but was hard work to find and raise and therefore not "disposable" (Ohhhh wait you can breed them now). Mana can traverse the terrain very quickly and in safety. And when it finds the bob (like you say), he's dead. And if it dies - no problem, just hatch another one.

Good luck with quickly scouting a map on a Giga to get some bob killing kicks - might take a bit long to afford the kicks :)

17 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Sure - Once you are found: That's why Manas are OP. Argie is too slow to scout with, Petra is a bit squishy, so scout but be careful where you fly / land. Wyvern is quick and not squishy and is ignored by almost everything but was hard work to find and raise and therefore not "disposable" (Ohhhh wait you can breed them now). Mana can traverse the terrain very quickly and in safety. And when it finds the bob (like you say), he's dead. And if it dies - no problem, just hatch another one.

Good luck with quickly scouting a map on a Giga to get some bob killing kicks - might take a bit long to afford the kicks :)

lol if someone scouts with a giga i'll give them my base, doors open and all

But this is good feedback, something the devs could take into consideration. "Manas are too mobile and can traverse all terrain without problem" is more specific than "They are OP". And I totally agree, they are too mobile to be healthy, if a bob does somehow get the upper hand they'll dart away. So in order to make it easier for bobs to grow we need to focus on making scouting more difficult and not so accessible (which is where I mentioned cryo pods)

I really don't get the obsession with manas. Back when I was playing megatribe and we wiped every bob that would try to build on our server without talking to us in global, bobs would just complain about ANYTHING. Have a small metal box with no turrets? Bohoo arthros OP. big metal box with turrets? boohoo sausageracers/sausagequetzal/pachyrhinos/trikes OP. Funniest part is the bobs who would play nice we would let do their own thing as long as they didn't try to build in artifact caves.

You can never please these people. Accept the truth : lines have been bred, BPs have been looted for almost 4 years now and these tribes have been farming for just as long. How fun or fair would it be to them if you could ignore them in pvp as a solo bob when they have collectively farmed thousands of hours more than you? Do you complain to WoW devs about getting curbstomped by 10k hours players? People would laugh at you but the ARK community is so whiny these posts get upvoted.

You want to break manas' legs let me tell you : you're actually doing yourself a disservice. The best thing a bob can do is get his own mana because they are a good dino to punch above your weight class and gtfo when things get dodgy. Manas are pocket change, the breed lines have been capped for about a year and nobody cares about selling or even giving them. They aren't even used in raiding lol there are like 10 dinos that are used more in actual pvp wars (tektape meks racers gigas reapers yutys velos tekrex poisonwyv lightwyv).

Manas are only good for griefing and scouting, you remove them people will go back to griffins and wyverns with a pocket giga and you'll have the same problem. They may even flex on you with a skiff. If you complain about mana mobility then you don't understand once you're on a server it's a matter of time before you're found and wiped. They watch logs, they count players on server, everyone will scout for an intruder until you're found and cleared. It was like that before even aberation or extinction came out and it will always be like that on a megatribe occupied server.

Not to mention extinction and genesis have made life so easy for solo players as long as you know what you're doing. Don't like manas? Then play on genesis lmao xd bet you'll complain about something new in a week (bloodstalker or skiff maybe?).

On 2/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, slejo said:

Its because WC dont care of you and this game anymore.
You have bought your game, then you have done your job.

There was tons of posts at this forums, at discords etc.. of people complaining about manas in pvp. Noone reads it, none listenes.
The only thing you can get here is facepalm emote of Volunteered Moderator.

I suggest to find another game if you are looking for balance.
BUT If you are stubborn, you can try to play Genesis. At least there you can get rid of this poopty creatures.

i can assure you that is not true, wildcard pushed all its other projects for ARK and its development, and do try hard to make it good. sadly, the game by nature is very hard on players especially on PvP servers. The balance was bot their since the beginning, just like any game, the more players play eventually they will find ways to bend the game to favor them and not new inexperienced players. Dont blame it on WC.

Archived