Jump to content

Community Crunch 256: Introducing Voidwyrm & Update on Genesis II


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jtmorris said:

不不不不不不不不

So who won the guessing pool?

To be fair though, this isn't their last delay on this. They have yet to announce that consoles will get the release a month later (but then really mean two and a half months)

Hundred bucks? Anyone? No?

1 hour ago, soulslayer said:

I bet it will get delayed an extra month for Xbox too

i think we will all get it even if its delayed again

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven't been on time for a single DLC or update why change it for the last one!I'm sure this one will be just as broken as every other initial release dlc and haveexceptional excuses to cover it up.

Why are you guys still here? If ark is so bad experience, you are free to leave and let rest of us enjoy it.

Don't worry none of us actually expected it to be out on time anyway!

Posted Images

  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Lya said:

Im wondering about the chance of GEN 2 having missions like in GEN1? I quiet enjoyed them along with HLNA shop, but saying there will be only minimal no-build zone makes me think they are leaving out the mission system. Anyone got any info on this?

Missions are included but they are going to be in their own instance instead of on the main world. Kinda like the boss arenas.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Americans were keen on timeliness. Meeting the deadline is usually part of the contract.

You reach far into the future - animated films, Ark II, all for getting new customers? ... and you can't take care of what's going on now.
Most of us will be future Ark II customers. And certainly our opinion about Ark I will influence the purchasing decisions of future ARK II customers. But what we have now? Meshing, duping, aimboting, poor official server performance, and of course not caring about given words and terms.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great.. just great.. I should have stayed in bed instead I get to read the all too familiar, "Gee wiz guys, we're sorry, we have to push it back again, we need an extra 3 months on top of the extra 3 months to finish what we promised, and while we're at it, let's throw out the Covid umbrella to hide under." What really annoys me the most about this is that you would have figured by now that the studio would have found ways to manage during the pandemic, all the other studios have, its not like you haven't had time to adjust just like everyone else.

All I can really say is this is extremely disappointing, not only that, but you could have at the very least kept the carrot on the string dangling before our eyes to help cope with another long long LONG delay, open up your window, let the community watch some real progression, show Dev blogs, show the studio doing the work in frequent progress reports, give us glimpses of the process, let's see what each of the Devs is up to via videos and screenies, Dev Blogs, etc. This is the final map for Ark Survival Evolved until Ark 2, put some pride into it, make this a big deal because it is a big deal. Heck, offer up some incentives other than "Hey guys have more rates.." At this point, the end is coming and it shouldn't be a mystery, it should be encouraging to us that the wait is worth it.

May, there's a few really nice games coming out before then, has anyone even thought about how that could affect overall interest in Gen Pt 2? in Ark 2? People generally don't come running back once they sink their teeth and money into another title they are more interested in and right now, interest is starting to wane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Magmasaur103 said:

ok, a question for wildcard:
are you gonna take my suggestion for variant drakes? wyverns have variants, and they're on every free one (except center), and drakes have been added 0 times, despite the unique qualities of aberration. I get it, it would ruin Ab, but pls make a free-map variant? ruins the point for gamers who can't get aberration. I know final updates are here, but please make the exception.
please...?
-Magmasaur103

sadly I doubt WildCard pays much attention to forums like these, even if they did like your idea

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing this game for about 5 years now and I don't remember WC ever being on time for any release. So this was very expected from the insanely low amount of info/streams/devblogs that we were given especially compared to part 1 which was also delayed. I hope when it comes to Ark 2 they learn to give actual deadlines. I have no doubt in my mind they knew all along that March wouldn't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

Great.. just great.. I should have stayed in bed instead I get to read the all too familiar, "Gee wiz guys, we're sorry, we have to push it back again, we need an extra 3 months on top of the extra 3 months to finish what we promised, and while we're at it, let's throw out the Covid umbrella to hide under." What really annoys me the most about this is that you would have figured by now that the studio would have found ways to manage during the pandemic, all the other studios have, its not like you haven't had time to adjust just like everyone else.

All I can really say is this is extremely disappointing, not only that, but you could have at the very least kept the carrot on the string dangling before our eyes to help cope with another long long LONG delay, open up your window, let the community watch some real progression, show Dev blogs, show the studio doing the work in frequent progress reports, give us glimpses of the process, let's see what each of the Devs is up to via videos and screenies, Dev Blogs, etc. This is the final map for Ark Survival Evolved until Ark 2, put some pride into it, make this a big deal because it is a big deal. Heck, offer up some incentives other than "Hey guys have more rates.." At this point, the end is coming and it shouldn't be a mystery, it should be encouraging to us that the wait is worth it.

May, there's a few really nice games coming out before then, has anyone even thought about how that could affect overall interest in Gen Pt 2? in Ark 2? People generally don't come running back once they sink their teeth and money into another title they are more interested in and right now, interest is starting to wane.

But, so what? you had to buy gen 2 with gen 1! they don't need to attract that much more public!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GreenBean said:

Are you new to ark? Because us ark veterans are sick of this delaying crap. First December 2020 then hype us up with the trailer and say its coming in March and make us wait 3 months and then when its about to release,delay it again tillMAY 26th and make us wait another 3 months. Im starting to lose hope for ark. And the crashing aimbotting meshing, ark is a hot mess right now and WC needs to step up there game.

I can only interpret your disappointment as you having made an estimation inside your mind, that this would't happen. Why you thought a company that has difficulty reaching deadlines would reach a deadline (deadlines which in and of themselves are difficult to live up to depending on the nature of what you are trying to complete) during the midst of a lockdown and pandemic, can only reflect poorly upon yourself.

Your disappointment is your own fault for alllowing yourself to believe something which was highly unrealistic. Make some changes to how you think and feel, if you want to avoid this. No company will ever care about your feelings. Just get that through your skull and you'll be better off for it. Always expect the worst. It's a highly viable strategy for decreasing disappointment. In fact, it's the only working strategy.

In what bible does it say that date estimations are to be taken literal? Your interpretation of a release date is that it's a guarantee. Who ever said that that's what a release date is? It's always a projection/estimate. You're never supposed to take them literal. I don't know why you ever thought that to begin with. Unless you believe in fairies and elves.

Edited by Fresiki
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gedanox said:

Holy, it takes a lot to suck up so much dude, you have my respects for being able to say "ok" and take all the poop they give us in.

Does it feel better to let it out, than to suck it up? Do you feel better? Sucking it up isn't some magic ability you're born with. It's something you learn to do when you realize the futility of allowing your own negative emotions so much space to breathe. Allowing these feelings to take hold is a conscious act of self-deterioration. It becomes easier to do when you understand that and are able to internalize it.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people expect things to be on time during the pandemic, if nothing else. Maybe in a perfect world, on a good day, making realistic projections should be easier. But with all that's going on, and governments issuing new rules on the weekly for how people are to behave socially, why did you think now is when WC will suddenly turn against the trend? Do you some times look at water and expect it to suddenly turn to frozen ice? Do you think you could just take off and fly one day? Like, what makes you think something will release according to schedule after a full year of the pandemic? It's unbelievable to me.

Edited by Fresiki
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fresiki said:

Does it feel better to let it out, than to suck it up? Do you feel better? Sucking it up isn't some magic ability you're born with. It's something you learn to do when you realize the futility and allowing your own negative emotions so much space to breathe.

Yes, it actually feels better! You know it won't change a single thing, so you can at least complain even if its unread by any half relevant person and move on from it, instead of just shuting up and buttering up a company that doesn't deserve it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gedanox said:

Yes, it actually feels better! You know it won't change a single thing, so you can at least complain even if its unread by any half relevant person and move on from it, instead of just shuting up and buttering up a company that doesn't deserve it.

I don't think you understand the question. I'm not talking about the instant gratification. Do you enjoy being angry/bitter?

Either way, you will have to struggle with a moral dilemma though. At some point in your life, if it hasn't happened already, someone is going to make some really unreasonable critique of youand go off on you way more than you feel like is warranted. At that point, you're gonna feel like "this is wrong, and i have nothing to do with that" and try to appeal to the other person.

Then you will realize, that person is you. You're that person. That person that just makes another person's life a little more difficult than it has to be, for a split second. Just so you can feel better about yourself. Would you do it to your mother? Your sister? Your best friend? Why do it to anyone?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Io ormai seguo ark dal day 1 su consolle, ho amato l'avventura intrapresa su ogni nuova fase dell'avventura, ho odiato quando ogni volta dovevo aspettare per continuare il mio viaggio, wild mi hai regalato un gioco che non dimenticher簷 mai, ora siamo alla fine di quest'avventura, l'ultimo capitolo sta per rivelarsi, questa volta mene frego dell'attesa un anno di ritardo non e nulla se paragonato a 6 anni di avventura fantastiche, frustrante forse un pochino, ma a questo punto team della wildcard DOVETE capitolare la parola fine con un gran botto, lo dovete a tutti coloro che per anni vi hanno supportato, a tutti coloro che sono stati nottate a combattere contro errori e bug ma con il sorriso a coloro che hanno supportato il progetto aquistando ogni singolo contenuto da voi creato, a questo punto non osate fare errori, non sul finale, ark rimarr sempre un gioco unico e ineguagliabile, la wildcard rimarr sempre quel team di persona e sviluppatori che dal nulla hanno creato un'avventura unica, wildcard grazie di tutto, sta volta aspetto con gioia e senza fretta, sta volta credo in voi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gedanox said:

instead of just shuting up and buttering up a company that doesn't deserve it.

edit: i have a huge problem with this "deserve" you speak of. So it is you that's the grand judge of what is deserved? So because a pandemic hit, andgovernments issued policies that FORCED companies to have their workers work from home, which undoubtedly made their operations way more difficult/less effective, you feel like the companies, the victims of this government policy, you feel like they deserve punishment? punishment for not 100% perfectly overcoming all the hardships they face? that's punishable? you feel as if though keeping shut would be "buttering" them? who is buttering? your negative emotion is encapsulating you in this narrative that they somehow become deserving of no respect whatsoever. i still don't understand why your inability to realistically project the future excuses such behavior. and i still fail to see how that kind of behavior rewards you beyond instant gratification. it also takes from you - in another debate, somewhere else, you will be forced to lie about the nature of your beliefs if you suddenly realize how wrong it is to treat people inhumanely because you feel angry or sad. by acting like a sausage, you forfeit the right to ever pretend you're anything but a sausage. and if you try to pretend like you're something else to try and fool someone, you'll know to yourself you lied. they won't know, but you will never be at peace.

Edited by Fresiki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

I don't think you understand the question. I'm not talking about the instant gratification. Do you enjoy being angry/bitter?

Either way, you will have to struggle with a moral dilemma though. At some point in your life, if it hasn't happened already, someone is going to make some really unreasonable critique of youand go off on you way more than you feel like is warranted. At that point, you're gonna feel like "this is wrong, and i have nothing to do with that" and try to appeal to the other person.

Then you will realize, that person is you. You're that person. That person that just makes another person's life a little more difficult than it has to be, for a split second. Just so you can feel better about yourself. Would you do it to your mother? Your sister? Your best friend? Why do it to anyone?

Is Wildcard paying you to Simp for them ? Get a clue, they've had a over a year to adjust to remote working , so that's just a copout. It's unbelievable how you people just keep making excuses for wildcard incompetence

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, XxxGodzxxX said:

Is Wildcard paying you to Simp for them ? Get a clue, they've had a over a year to adjust to remote working , so that's just a copout. It's unbelievable how you people just keep making excuses for wildcard incompetence

You're such a simpleton. I don't care about Wildcard. I don't know why you think this is about saving them. This is about correcting the discourse, because in its current form, it sounds like what you hear when you peek your ears in a kindergarten.What's actually, truely beyond me, is why me people insist on faltering. Like you are doing now. I don't care if it's strangers or my friends, if you're behaving in a way that seems detrimental to you and me both, I'll say something. Has NOTHING to do with Wildcard, and all to do with the way you're coming off as. You're just jumping straight past important questions to make your point. WHY ARE YOU NOT SAYING A WORD ABOUT THE PANDEMIC? DOES THAT NOT CHANGE THINGS EVEN 1%? It obviously does. How long does it take to effectively shift a progtramming company to remote work? Have you shifted a company to remote work in the past year so you know what the process entails, and what the exepcted success rate is? My experience is, the pandemic affects productivity. Even with percect "adjustment", the effectivity will decrease. So with an initial projection of february 2021, which is a year old projection, may is like a 15% efficiency reduction. That's unreasonable to you, mister experienced conglomerate CEO?

Your bitterness is so obvious it reeks long before your post. I could smell it on the post before yours. You're mad, something's wrong, AND YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY IT DAMNIT!

You have never been undeservingly on the poop end of the shaft, that much is obvious. If you ever have, you wouldn't behave this way. It's that simple. I can tell you were never mistreated, and that if you think you were, you have no idea where mistreatment even begins.

Also, when people complain, they seem really weak to me. Like, this way of complaining and being angry, is a weakness in my eyes. And weakness pisses me off. So there's that. You're the type of person that would hit your kid if you got pissed enough.

Edited by Fresiki
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...