Community Crunch 256: Introducing Voidwyrm & Update on Genesis II

StudioWildcard

53 minutes ago, Chewytowel said:

Please please for the love of all that is holy make some caves that are strong and some other really great looking building spots for pvp.  I don't care if it takes longer :)  Hell get crazy with it and put some awesome spots in the ceilings in addition to caves, etc for both small tribe bases, ratholes, and massive size bases.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pumba4Panda said:

The game itself is a good concept and fun when it goes correctly, (no meshing, duping, no gm otter being pocket dev). The main problem is the developer teams unwillingness to adhere to timelines they create and continue to make false promises time and time again. most people in here commenting about the delay have already got the gen DLC, and were originally told winter of 2020, then march of 2021 and now 1 business day before march we get told May. After they release all this genesis chronicles, they have known for awhile it wont be done by March but continued to string people along. The game itself isnt a bad experience the developers are a bad experience. What DLC came out on time? or even close? You'd think after 6 years of DLC's they be more realistic about there capabilities and give a more accurate timeline, but nope lets keep hyping up and not delivering. 

The first set of problems there are like offical exclusive. Try unofficial. Also, I think they did set their timeline well, but what hasn’t covid broken into 100000 pieces

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Pumba4Panda said:

The game itself is a good concept and fun when it goes correctly, (no meshing, duping, no gm otter being pocket dev). The main problem is the developer teams unwillingness to adhere to timelines they create and continue to make false promises time and time again. most people in here commenting about the delay have already got the gen DLC, and were originally told winter of 2020, then march of 2021 and now 1 business day before march we get told May. After they release all this genesis chronicles, they have known for awhile it wont be done by March but continued to string people along. The game itself isnt a bad experience the developers are a bad experience. What DLC came out on time? or even close? You'd think after 6 years of DLC's they be more realistic about there capabilities and give a more accurate timeline, but nope lets keep hyping up and not delivering. 

I understand you but at this point you have to look to the saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" Wildcard is notorious at this point for pushing back their dlcs because you have to know that ark is a big game and that they need their time to not just develop but write, think, draw, model, texture, and implement everything (not to mention balance when they do its hard with all the moving parts). would you rather have the unfinished thing that they most likely still need to test? 

Please just be patient and let them make the game especially since this is our big finale to our 6 year saga and they need to pull it big 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

Why are you guys still here? If ark is so bad experience, you are free to leave and let rest of us enjoy it.

We are here because we love the game, does not mean in any fashion that we cannot voice our opinion also. If you don't like it ... don't read it maybe?

and the truth is still the truth, the delay was expected, there is ALWAYS a delay and a sad apology. ...

Well this all got dark real quick. I completely understand the hardship of working remotely so understandable to delay but please WC do not give up on streamlining the game. Many players have expressed the frustration with lag, dc-ing, aimbotting, and random freezing. Hopefully you can figure out what the actual monster-forsaken flippity flip is going on and if we can help please tell us how WITH some kind of logic to back it up. The best thing for this game, your studio, and the players is open-logical communication. Stay Healthy and rest well!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ok, a question for wildcard:
are you gonna take my suggestion for variant drakes? wyverns have variants, and they're on every free one (except center), and drakes have been added 0 times, despite the unique qualities of aberration. I get it, it would ruin Ab, but pls make a free-map variant? ruins the point for gamers who can't get aberration. I know final updates are here, but please make the exception.
please...?
-Magmasaur103

Thanks for the update guys. While its a shame its for the best. Hope you guys can do all you hope to for the DLC, keep up the good work! Eagerly awaiting for it, can't wait to finish the Ark journey, I've been with you guys since early access. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for an amazing game to call home, and one that my brother and I can play for hours on end and have fun and enjoy it.

Best wishes!

22d222b3857328b011e571d05a12bd2160ae561b

• Like 1

Whoever didn't see another delay coming is just crazy. In all 7 years of this game they have never once met one of their published dates of release. Oh yay another stupid robot in a dino game. Alot of people love the Tek creatures, I just see them as walking metal nodes. The only reason to tame any is to create a farm to grind up the babies. Will it blend.?. 

24 minutes ago, Greatchawhee said:

Whoever didn't see another delay coming is just crazy. In all 7 years of this game they have never once met one of their published dates of release. Oh yay another stupid robot in a dino game. Alot of people love the Tek creatures, I just see them as walking metal nodes. The only reason to tame any is to create a farm to grind up the babies. Will it blend.?. 

They released Extinction for PC on the correct day.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

They released Extinction for PC on the correct day.

No they didn't they changed the date 4 times. So they did release it on a date they said just not the first date they released.  I am not mad I am actually entertained by all the people who did not expect this. I even chuckle at those who are angry.

• Thanks 1