Community Crunch 256: Introducing Voidwyrm & Update on Genesis II

StudioWildcard

We know that what you want is news on Genesis II, so let's not mince words and get straight to it: We have decided to push our final DLC release date to May 26th, for PC, Xbox, PlayStation, and Stadia. 

First and foremost, please accept our humble apologies. We're disappointed and have no doubt, everyone, eagerly awaiting Genesis II will feel that along with us. 

As we have shared before, the Studio transitioned to working remotely near the beginning of last year, presenting some particular constraints. Being entirely virtual is quite challenging for various teams with a shift from an in-office workflow. 

In addition to the complications of working remotely, one challenge has been figuring out how to close out the ARK saga faithfully. From a narrative, cinematic, and end-game-wise perspective, it's something close to our hearts that we want to honor as the grand finale.

This journey we've all taken through ARK: Survival Evolved over the past six years is important to our players and us, and the extra time will make a massive difference to the quality of the Gen II when it lands in your hands. We're passionate about delivering something truly special, and we're confident this extension will allow us to give you the epic finale you deserve.

And on that note, we'd like to introduce you to the formidable Voidwyrm, a powerful and challenging new tame that will soar above the ARK with the launch of Genesis II! 

Ark_Gen2_SurviveTheArk_2k_V01.jpg

Download in high resolution

Internally, we think of Genesis Part II as having two significant philosophical changes in comparison to Genesis Part I. These changes are a direct result of player feedback:

1. The entire map is open and livable, with minimal no-build zones that avoid disrupting the over-world and an esthetically pleasing environment.
  2. Structures, items, and creatures have been designed to assist and improve gameplay and QoL for all of our players and designed to expand the meta in meaningful ways.

Ark_Gen2_SurviveTheArk_2k_V02.jpg

Download in high resolution

On behalf of the Wildcard team, we want to thank you for your ongoing support and passion. We're looking forward to sharing ARK: Survival Evolved’s final climactic chapter with you!

Studio Wildcard

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk! It will be active until Friday the 26th of February to Monday the 1st of March. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2X Harvesting
  • 2X XP

Community Corner

🎥 Clips/Videos 🎥

🎥Creator: Gamology

Anthropologist and Survival expert, Kinga Philipps, reacts to ARK.

🎥Creator: Raasclark

Want to get your hands on the latest Federation Gloves?  Raasclark shows you how in a recent video.

🎥Creator: Sven P

Check out an epic castle build deep in the Redwoods biome with Sven P.  We've also included a screenshot of the completed build in the screenshots section.

🎥Creator: Mr Dolphin

Say goodbye to that TEK Skiff.

🎥Creator: Rockapolis Gaming

Here's a quick 3x3 base that has all the essentials you need to get started!

🎨 Fan Art 🎨

🎨 KingCrownee - Zombie Fire Wyvern & Zombie Lightning Wyvern

zombiefirewyvern_by_kingcrownee_deewhp5-fullview.jpg

zombielightningwyvern_by_kingcrownee_deewh4i-fullview.jpg

🎨 NeoVanilluxe - ARK Thorny Dragon

ark_thorny_dragon_by_neovanilluxe_deeocti-fullview.jpg

🎨 Kohaku-senpai - Wyvern

deeig53-5b3d5f0b-7023-4389-b6aa-d646ac7ec59c.jpg

🎨 Vahilor - Santiago Mek Pilot

deer9v5-9e2706d8-4cd0-48c8-b0cc-54a3b2efb68c.jpg

🎨 HeatherPeoples - Griffin

Eu03w3xWYAEc529.jpg

📸In-Game Screenshots 📸

📸 sefiroultima#7980 

Blue_Peak_Thumbnail.jpg

📸Medusa Greek

1612124200_ShooterGame_29-01-2021_02-57-15-860.jpg

📸 KingWillrus#2876

imagechruch.jpg

📸Keylleen

1613872754_3.jpg

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

Haven't been on time for a single DLC or update why change it for the last one! I'm sure this one will be just as broken as every other initial release dlc and have exceptional excuses to cover it up. Thanks for another let down ❤️ 

Just curious when can we start expecting excuses and delays for ark 2?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Facepalm 7

Well I'm sad but not surprised.  First winter of 2020, then march and now may. 😧  But I'm more confused on why it's going to Stadia.  It's a dead platform now. >.>

I wish you'd guys would give us won of the new things to mess about with while we wait. Wishful thinking but still would ease the sting a bit.

4 minutes ago, Pumba4Panda said:

Haven't been on time for a single DLC or update why change it for the last one! I'm sure this one will be just as broken as every other initial release dlc and have exceptional excuses to cover it up. Thanks for another let down ❤️ 

shut

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All I got to say is, I'm always pleased with the progress you're making. I don't get to play Ark as much as a lot of hardcore players. Got to work and enjoy life outside of videogames a little. Ark will always be one of my top favorite games. I expected the delay, in fact, I counted on it. You can only do so much to polish up your game for release. I really enjoy the game and the possibilities you all implement. I can't wait. On top of that, I am so happy you kept the tradition of adding a draconic creature to your main story (Minus gen pt 1). I feel like y'all made up for that when Crystal Isles was introduced though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Please please for the love of all that is holy make some caves that are strong and some other really great looking building spots for pvp.  I don't care if it takes longer :)  Hell get crazy with it and put some awesome spots in the ceilings in addition to caves, etc for both small tribe bases, ratholes, and massive size bases.

Edited by Chewytowel
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pumba4Panda said:

ho ark 2 will be availeble around november as early access :D

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, fire7634doggo said:

I'm sure we all saw the delay for Gen2. Real classic wildcard move there. Most of your workers are probably focused on ark 2 anyways versus Gen2. Its not like you guys care about your game and community. My base has been meshed three times in the past month and you didn't ban them, nor respond to my tickets. It took you guys a month to respond to my aim-botting report, and you said the ticket was closed because of privacy reasons, no, its because your enforcement team is incompetent and can't do anything. You guys really don't care about your community I guess. Its such a shame that I've seen a game I've spent so much time on go to complete crap by greed of the devs. And not to mention, why not fix your game first before adding more "expansions", and I say expansions in quote because obviously Scorched, Aberration and Extinction were meant to be part of the base game. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Honestly, you've now lost probably one of your biggest fans of ark. I've played this game for 11K hours almost, and you guys don't seem to care. You guys don't ban BLDX or any of those cheating megatribes because your afraid of losing players. I'm sure it feels better to lose only one player who dedicated most of their teenage years to your game and played it legitimately versus these cheating megatribes with a few thousand players. 

31 minutes ago, GreenBean said:

Your company is useless 

34 minutes ago, Pumba4Panda said:

Why are you guys still here? If ark is so bad experience, you are free to leave and let rest of us enjoy it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 4

42 minutes ago, Sparky16 said:

Well I'm sad but not surprised.  First winter of 2020, then march and now may. 😧  But I'm more confused on why it's going to Stadia.  It's a dead platform now. >.>

"On Feb. 1, Google announced that its Stadia Games and Entertainment development studio was closing

I am right there with you! 

Stadia is going to die out without Google's backing.  One less platform to program on means more time on the others and a sooner release date.

12 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Why are you guys still here? If ark is so bad experience, you are free to leave and let rest of us enjoy it.

Are you new to ark? Because us ark veterans are sick of this delaying crap. First December 2020 then hype us up with the trailer and say it’s coming in March and make us wait 3 months and then when it’s about to release, delay it again till MAY 26th and make us wait another 3 months. I’m starting to lose hope for ark. And the crashing aimbotting meshing, ark is a hot mess right now and WC needs to step up there game.

• Facepalm 2

21 minutes ago, Luewen said:

The game itself is a good concept and fun when it goes correctly, (no meshing, duping, no gm otter being pocket dev). The main problem is the developer teams unwillingness to adhere to timelines they create and continue to make false promises time and time again. most people in here commenting about the delay have already got the gen DLC, and were originally told winter of 2020, then march of 2021 and now 1 business day before march we get told May. After they release all this genesis chronicles, they have known for awhile it wont be done by March but continued to string people along. The game itself isnt a bad experience the developers are a bad experience. What DLC came out on time? or even close? You'd think after 6 years of DLC's they be more realistic about there capabilities and give a more accurate timeline, but nope lets keep hyping up and not delivering. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

a space wyvern?... oh great😑

.. maybe, but the way the stated it, it sounds like an entirely new critter, with new taming method and abilities.

49 minutes ago, Allanballan said:

EPIC! I don't mind the wait if it means we are getting a better product in the end! ❤️

Yes! Exactly, not to lie, ofc I’m a little disappointed, but if it be good.

32 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Yes!