Community Crunch 256: Introducing Voidwyrm & Update on Genesis II

StudioWildcard

When new crunch... I wanna hear about stoping corrupted killing everything in PvE. BTW the best solution is preventing tribes being able to access other tribes goodie bags in PvE. This would prevent lots of greifing and dino luring. Also, then after that keep implementation things to stop people greifing just for “fun” like a barrier to keep corrupts out of desert dome, arctic dome, sunken forest and Sanctuary  

From the Discord :

v324.16 - 03/05/2021 - minor version update
- Reworked TEK Helm to function like the shoulder cannon so that tapping 'E' no longer cycles visors instead holding 'E' will bring up a pinwheel which players can use to toggle or cycle the visor.
- Corrupted Dinos no longer damage player structures on PvE
- Made some tweaks to the Artifact system in single-player to resolve some scenarios where some artifacts (such as Skylord) would spawn/respawn unreliably.
- Fixed invisible bees.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to escape through the ceiling barrier on some maps
- Fixed a client crash related to movement
- Fixed a client crash related to attacking with creatures
- Fixed a bug where the Colour ID was displaying incorrectly on Cryopods
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to avoid turret damage
- Fixed a bug where enemy creature floating HUD names would still cost client performance even when not rendered
- Fixed a bug where the Shoulder Cannon was targeting allied creatures on PVE
- Fixed a server crash

Edited by Darkholis
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2021 at 2:02 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

How are you going to convince people to move on from a game when you can't move on from the forum?

Its simple, I enjoy seeing these devs deliver on promises time and time again just to see it get pushed back even further. God forbid the amount of game breaking bugs with their expansions and new maps they release. 🤣 

On 3/2/2021 at 1:36 PM, Rio4201 said:

I'm just gonna say this like it is. Wildcard does care about their game, maybe not for all the reasons an end user would want them to, and that's not to say that some of the Devs don't still care and have the passion to better the game.   Facts:  Ark is still their money maker, they can't afford not to care about the game as that would mean losing their jobs, feeding and supporting their families and destroying any aspiration to progress in their chosen career. 

Take a moment to step into the shoes of the team, think about their growth from a 15 man studio into what they are, all the obstacles they faced, lack of knowledge and experience, technological issues preventing the ideas being possible, never ending criticism from the community, pressure from the industry.  Yet, here they are several years later,  still here, still working on the title, still supporting us, each other, and tightly holding on to a battered pride and sense of accomplishment that the negativity infused denizens of the community continue to assault and chip away at.  While I myself have taken a few swings at their pride over the years with my own negativity and frustration, I have never lost sight that they are trying, nor have I ever lost respect for the achievements and creative game that this is. 

Am I currently loving Ark? Sure, on private servers.  I see this last map as an end to the story and the start of a new one, and I'm ready for it to be the end of the story. We've been through quite a few maps, stories, and one hell of a rollercoaster ride, I'm just hoping that Ark 2 won't be such a harrowing ride and that we'll see impactful changes based on wisdom gained from development on the original game.

Imagine putting thousands of hours into a base, to get aimbotted or meshed, put in tickets and the devs treat you like the culprit rather then a victim, god forbid going into the amount of roll backs and character losses, and then yet again the devs treating you like your the culprit. I took more then a "minute" on their game, and countless times I have been meshed or super aimbotted. You want to refer to cristism, that is great, but the thing is half the time the devs wont even listen to their player base let alone grow from it. Go put over 15k hours into a official cluster and lets see if your views will be the same as mine. The game is an absolute joke on the official network, and that doesnt even include the actual GMS patrolling the clusters and making sure people don't cheat. Ark is a beautiful game, very amazing for its time. But at the end of the day the devs really don't care and it honestly shows. The game is broken, fix the current bugs before adding to MORE bugs. Imagine when genesis: 2 is actually released, what is going to be mega broken on that? 😂 Honestly... I played PVP and PVE, best bet? Stay away from PVP officials its an absolute joke.

10 hours ago, RASHIAN said:

Imagine putting thousands of hours into a base, to get aimbotted or meshed, put in tickets and the devs treat you like the culprit rather then a victim, god forbid going into the amount of roll backs and character losses, and then yet again the devs treating you like your the culprit. I took more then a "minute" on their game, and countless times I have been meshed or super aimbotted. You want to refer to cristism, that is great, but the thing is half the time the devs wont even listen to their player base let alone grow from it. Go put over 15k hours into a official cluster and lets see if your views will be the same as mine. The game is an absolute joke on the official network, and that doesnt even include the actual GMS patrolling the clusters and making sure people don't cheat. Ark is a beautiful game, very amazing for its time. But at the end of the day the devs really don't care and it honestly shows. The game is broken, fix the current bugs before adding to MORE bugs. Imagine when genesis: 2 is actually released, what is going to be mega broken on that? 😂 Honestly... I played PVP and PVE, best bet? Stay away from PVP officials its an absolute joke.

You are absolutely, 100% justified in posting this. Do I think the Devs don't care? Nah, I think they do. What I think however is there is a failure in communication, prioritization and corporate decision making.  I mean let's look at the latest about Extinction, it took them how long before they finally got the greenlight to fix the problem? I know personally I put in dozens of tickets to no avail.  Something is definitely broken, but if you were to sit down with the active Devs on the team, I bet they would all say they care, I mean how can you not?  I've spent hundreds of hours creating software and I've done many many different types for all different platforms, I poured my time, energy, creativity (in some cases) and my pride into each program I've written and I care about all of them.  I'd imagine they would feel the same way.

More often than not, people assume that if they report a problem, a Dev is coming immediately to the rescue and that it will be fixed pronto, but it doesn't work that way.  Some companies exercise the chain of command, if you want a bug fixed, first it goes to customer service, if approved it moves up and up and up until it reaches the shot callers. If it makes it through 6 - 10 different sets of hands and gets that far, then the shot callers are going to start looking at numbers, financial investment, etc. Then the call comes down from the top to the Development team leaders, then to the Devs, and work begins.  After such, it then moves down to QA, gets tested, gets moved back up to the Devs, repaired, (rinse and repeat this a dozen times) until finally being put in the pipeline to be released in a patch.  

Point being it's never as smooth or efficient when management isn't worth it's salt and bureaucracy and finance get in the way of development.  I truly believe they do care, but you can't make a stone roll any faster when it has to go up hill first.  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:44 AM, Dinobros2000 said:

Like said, it may not be the same as a wyvern, and plus, Enforcer, Drone,  overseer, the stupid rolly Polly thing. None have Tek in da names.

Oh, I completely forgot about Extinction so you may be right and the Overseer was in one of the earlier versions (I think in 2016) and tek was introduced around the same time as Ragnarok 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 2:10 PM, RASHIAN said:

Imagine putting thousands of hours into a base, to get aimbotted or meshed, put in tickets and the devs treat you like the culprit rather then a victim, god forbid going into the amount of roll backs and character losses, and then yet again the devs treating you like your the culprit. I took more then a "minute" on their game, and countless times I have been meshed or super aimbotted.

Know something funny? This has NEVER happened to me. I’ve spent countless hours on Ark and I’ve only had 3 crashes and 2 player losses(these were my own fault and a power outage) (I mostly play unoffical and SP) almost like the problem  is with offical only.

On 3/14/2021 at 9:59 AM, Merkie said:

Hi i have a problem i hope someone can help me out or i lost 35 pound So i bought the season pass and i installed the ark genesis part 1 but now i am going to ark i wanna play genesis and it still sas dlc not installed what do i have to do

Don’t panic, you own the DLC, you just need to install it, AKA update ur game.