Community Crunch 256: Introducing Voidwyrm & Update on Genesis II

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, DrageProto said:

You say that it soars above the ARK even though we're on a colony ship, what does this mean?

And wouldn't a simpler name for it be the TEK wyvern

chill, it says that it "soars above the ark" cause you are most definitely gonna be able to take it off he colony ship and onto other maps. And the Voidwyrm (being a wyrm or very close relative of the wyrms) has no relation to wyverns (even though wyrms and wyverns are from the same tree, the dragons of mythic folklore and legends). you also got to take into account that it made of tek (possibly could be a cyborg of sorts) and thus (possibly) isnt organic which means that it cant be wyvern. Flawed science.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deinonycuz said:

chill, it says that it "soars above the ark" cause you are most definitely gonna be able to take it off he colony ship and onto other maps. And the Voidwyrm (being a wyrm or very close relative of the wyrms) has no relation to wyverns (even though wyrms and wyverns are from the same tree, the dragons of mythic folklore and legends). you also got to take into account that it made of tek (possibly could be a cyborg of sorts) and thus (possibly) isnt organic which means that it cant be wyvern. Flawed science.

also that brings across an interesting concept, living tek. not AI, just tek that has a mind of its own, 

Of course, still no news on the flyer speed update for consoles that has been promised since late November..

Bloody brilliant. Trust Wildcard to never be honest, transparent and only make excuses for their delays where they now blame covid-19 and remote work when MUCH smaller teams, down to solo developers have made more progress with their titles this past year during the pandemic than Wildcard have done with one single game expansion..

I take this as an indication to how ARK 2's Early Access and post release is going to pan out. Can't wait to see their excuses for delaying ARK 2 now.

Edited by ExcessEvil
  • Facepalm 3

Solo devs who already work from home and don’t interact with people for their game can’t go outside as much, so therefore better development. 

WC, big corparation that all works in the same building, suddenly they don’t, reducing socializing, internet, possibly computer power, communication, transferring files to other computers, and more. Overall greatly reducing effectiveness. 

so am I supprized WC is having trouble polishing off their biggest DLC yet? No. Am I suprised that solo devs are doing better, no, and is that WC s fault, no.

10 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

Of course, still no news on the flyer speed update for consoles that has been promised since late November..

Bloody brilliant. Trust Wildcard to never be honest, transparent and only make excuses for their delays where they now blame covid-19 and remote work when MUCH smaller teams, down to solo developers have made more progress with their titles this past year during the pandemic than Wildcard have done with one single game expansion..

I take this as an indication to how ARK 2's Early Access and post release is going to pan out. Can't wait to see their excuses for delaying ARK 2 now.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Solo devs who already work from home and don’t interact with people for their game can’t go outside as much, so therefore better development. 

WC, big corparation that all works in the same building, suddenly they don’t, reducing socializing, internet, possibly computer power, communication, transferring files to other computers, and more. Overall greatly reducing effectiveness. 

so am I supprized WC is having trouble polishing off their biggest DLC yet? No. Am I suprised that solo devs are doing better, no, and is that WC s fault, no.

Working from home reduces stress levels i might add making it far easier to work from home, because you've got nobody watching over your shoulder constantly. Just to point that out.

So, on to what really ticked me off about your reply.

You having a bit of problems reading an entire post, eh?

When did i mention only solo developers? I said specifically MUCH SMALLER TEAMS down to solo developers That is far from me saying ONLY solo developers.

I would also like to point out that solo developers will always have a harder time developing games due to the fact that they're well, alone. Smaller teams with a size of between 3-10 team members will also have a much harder time due to their low numbers, meaning one person has to handle multiple tasks. Easier than solo devs but still. A studio the size of Wildcard should have none of these issues. Settling in? Remote work has been in effect for the past year.

I swear man, you and other shills/white knights like you plus their horrible QA team is the main reason that this game went tits up during Early Access and was plagued with bugs and issues post release, because they listened to you shills, while shutting down actual constructive criticism of the game.

I used to be on the developers' side during Early Access, but when they came and lied to our faces with the paid DLC during Early Access, and proceeded to mess even that DLC up, i started losing faith, and looking back, i was damned right to lose faith because they've been repeating their mistakes with every new DLC.

1: Delays.

2: Excuses. Only difference now is that they put the blame on covid-19 and remote work instead of having to make up some ridiculous story about why stuff gets delayed.

3: Listening to anyone buttering up to them by sticking our noses up their rear-ends, saying it's all good, rather than listening to solid, constructive criticism even if it's negative.

4: Once stuff goes sideways, they are as transparent as a brick wall because you shills are there to defend them if someone raises an eyebrow at them during their 'time of crisis'..

You think you're doing developers a favor by shilling and white knighting for them, while you sit there with your high post count thinking your opinions are more valid than everyone elses, but you're doing the exact opposite of what you think you're doing. You're hurting the game and you're hurting the developers who are stupid enough to listen to shills like you guys in the first place.

When even a forum moderator gives a facepalm when they read the cold harsh truth, that says something about Wildcard and their internal policies about how to act infront of customers and players.

If a forum moderator had done this at my former company they'd be banned, because it only helps with destroying the company's reputation and company/customer relations, and right now, Wildcard's reputation is already on thin ice.

I am done with this ridiculous debate and have said my piece, because if there's one thing i know, there's no point debating with shills..

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, ExcessEvil said:

Working from home reduces stress levels i might add making it far easier to work from home, because you've got nobody watching over your shoulder constantly. Just to point that out.

Ok definitely not. Working in a distracting place with that you normally aren’t working at with potentially kids, is MUCH more stressful. Rather then working in an environment with experienced people to help you, a quite environment for work, and better technology. As for someone watching over you sholder, it’s not like WC pages 40 guys to stand behind you. Working from home would just make it easier to get off task cuz their isn’t someone over your sholder. Also that person over your sholder would be helping, or saying tips to make things better. I doubt WC really even has anyone doing that tho insted of working.

And most of the time change will greatly slow down progress 

When did i mention only solo developers? I said specifically MUCH SMALLER TEAMS down to solo developers That is far from me saying ONLY solo developers.

My comment still applies tho, most smaller teams also don’t work in the same room and are adapted to it. And can be more efficient cuz they have less things to do in the outside world. The few smaller teams that do are likely suffering. And most of the time smaller teams work on things that don’t have as high quality textures or models or as advanced or confusing mechanics, makeing doing the same amount of work look like more, that really the problem with comparing proggres between any two games, they will be vastly diffrent.

A studio the size of Wildcard should have none of these issues. Settling in? Remote work has been in effect for the past year.

True, they probably have adjusted to the change, but 1 are still working with worse tech and more distraction, working at a lower efficiency. 2 you don’t seam to be thinking about the adjustment period. Sure they are done with it now, but that dosent change the fact they lost a good chunk o time. Plus working on their biggest map yet, looking to have a lot more creatures then Gen 1, all with advanced mechanics, working on A2 at the same time, and they probably woulda had a at least 15 day delay anyway. But tak on covid and they have made a perfect storm.

I swear man, you and other shills/white knights like you plus their horrible QA team is the main reason that this game went tits up during Early Access and was plagued with bugs and issues post release, because they listened to you shills, while shutting down actual constructive criticism of the game.

I wolnt agree there has been some constructive criticism, but not very much of it. And when there is I mostly upvote and agree with it. I chat in the suggestion forms with TLC ideas and requests. I’ve submitted multiple bug reports. I’m not saying this game is perfect and the devs have no problems. They got problems. They frequently overestimate their development speed, they made some pr mistakes, and learned some stuff the hard way(SE, Ragnorock) and they suck at listening to the community, and continue to have the worst offical servers in exsistance. All I’m saying, it’s pretty easy to overestimate yourself, and then encounter roadblocks that shut u down. Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes we’re all a little too stubborn or lazy to listen. And sometimes u mess up a choice that u can’t go back on. All I’m doing is trying to point out flaws in your statement, and have a discussion.

while you sit there with your high post count thinking your opinions are more valid than everyone elses,

Completely false except for the fact I like talking about ark a lot.

Edited by Dinobros2000

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Dinobros2000 said:

Working in a distracting place with that you normally aren’t working at with potentially kids, is MUCH more stressful.

To be fair this definitely depends on the type of work done, the environment at home and the type of person. My team has been offsite for over a year now and I love it and we are all much more productive.

• Thanks 2

I am done with this ridiculous debate and have said my piece, because if there's one thing i know, there's no point debating with shills..

This last line is like saying, I am right, conversation over and then gaging the other person. Most used by either A. Someone who is losing an argument or wrong. Or B.  Someone self entitled who dosent have time to deal with “Scum”

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

To be fair this definitely depends on the type of work done, the environment at home and the type of person. My team has been offsite for over a year now and I love it and we are all much more productive.

Yes it is rather case by case... what happens to be your job/profession/whatever else  if u don’t mind me asking?

Edited by Dinobros2000

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Yes it is rather case by case... what happens to be your job/profession/whatever else  if u don’t mind me asking?

IT manager. Career has mostly revolved around Linux, server/infrastructure operations, scripting, build and deploy. DevOps sort of things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CANONBALLS said:

going to need to see x species versions of the basilisk and the karkinos and make them both breedable if we can breed bugs and wyverns we should be able to breed basilisk and karkinos and fix the lava on all map to make breedable places for the magmasaurs.

on the basilisk topic, i dont they they'll make the basilisk breedable as it is very OP with its spit attack even at low levels (the same could be said about the karkinos cause like the basilisk, it is a great siege dino/animal, they an throw dinos over walls, take a fair few bullets, pick players of some dinos).

Now onto the lava one, it would be good to see them make the lava on all maps suitable for breeding magmasaurs, i think it would also be good to make the lava like gen lava where you can swim in it for a short time with it dealing decent damage incrementally for those situations where it lags and you and your dino dies in lava. however, again i dont think they'll change it because its lava, lava tends to kill you irl. so they might or might not, really depends on how much the community want it to change. 

2 hours ago, CANONBALLS said:

going to need to see x species versions of the basilisk and the karkinos and make them both breedable if we can breed bugs and wyverns we should be able to breed basilisk and karkinos and fix the lava on all map to make breedable places for the magmasaurs.

I don’t agree with your first part, (however x vary for all Gen 2 dinos is something I want)but as for magma, I do agree, I actually thought they were going through and doing that, but I guess not. I really hope they do change it, not only to breed but also so immune

2 hours ago, CANONBALLS said:

U can breed Magmas on every Map, you only need two Fire wyverns park on the side of the female activate mating on Magmas and burn the female. When stamina runs out jump fast to the other fire wyvern

9 hours ago, Deinonycuz said:

ow onto the lava one, it would be good to see them make the lava on all maps suitable for breeding magmasaurs, i think it would also be good to make the lava like gen lava where you can swim in it for a short time with it dealing decent damage incrementally for those situations where it lags and you and your dinNo dies in lava. however, again i dont think they'll change it because its lava, lava tends to kill you irl. so they might or might not, really depends on how much the community want it to change. 

Agreed, it would have been great if they imported the changes they made in Genesis 1 for the Lava and the Ocean (oxygen consumption & water clarity & some biome assets etc) into the other maps. Ocean Flora and Fauna are the least developed biomes in the game, which is a shame.