Community Crunch 256: Introducing Voidwyrm & Update on Genesis II

StudioWildcard

6 hours ago, KingofFire105 said:

does anyone know how to submit a picture on the community crunch?

I think they choose them  randomly from art they like around the net. I did post my art never on the forums here or the Ark discord, only on my galleries and tumblr and they must have found it on my devianart =). 

Edited by Vahilor
  • Thanks 1

It would have been out of character to release something on time and not broken, let's be honest here. When Cedric was saying he was trying to organise something to show off new stuff and never happened, you knew they were far behind schedule and had no chance of releasing it on time. At least I might be able to get the PS5  by then and wait a yr later for that 'next gen upgrade unicorn' they promised. 

• Sad 1

Suffice to say, some of us are a little annoyed and frustrated and express this, others choose to continue to look at it positively and support the team.  I still support the team, I may not be happy with some things, but you have to respect that this game, even with all it's known and probably unknown issues, is still a great game. I just wish they'd communicate with us in a meaningful way regarding things. Seeing progress being made, reading dev blogs, and being kept in the loop would be an ideal way to help the community cope with delays and the issues presented.  That's really all I'm saying, that and everyone has a right to post their thoughts regardless on if it's a pom pom wielding fan boy or a deeply frustrated veteran. :D

Reason I do not support these devs anymore, is because they do not care about their game. Let alone have they ever even released a DLC on time. WC treats its playerbase like crap. Let alone the amount of game breaking bugs in this game. Save your time and money, move on. Also a voidwyrm? Oh wow. A wyvern with a bionic skin, amazing WC really. Lool.

Edited by RASHIAN

1 hour ago, Entenkiller said:

Who actually reads these constant misery triads? 🤣

It takes as long as it takes.

Gosh, it's a game and not an employment contract!
Catch up again!

They always end with "we are done with wildcard" but much like people who are "done with domino's pizza", they always come crawling back.

Edited by pistachio
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pistachio said:

They do have x-reapers so if there is no queen then they will be tameable?

Umm well Aberration is the map I’ve played least, so correct me if I’m wrong, but, yes, can’t tame without queens, I’m fairly sure. Tho I doubt  Rockwell would only have kings, and I doubt WC would only give us kings.

23 hours ago, RASHIAN said:

Reason I do not support these devs anymore, is because they do not care about their game. Let alone have they ever even released a DLC on time. WC treats its playerbase like crap. Let alone the amount of game breaking bugs in this game. Save your time and money, move on. Also a voidwyrm? Oh wow. A wyvern with a bionic skin, amazing WC really. Lool.

I'm just gonna say this like it is. Wildcard does care about their game, maybe not for all the reasons an end user would want them to, and that's not to say that some of the Devs don't still care and have the passion to better the game.   Facts:  Ark is still their money maker, they can't afford not to care about the game as that would mean losing their jobs, feeding and supporting their families and destroying any aspiration to progress in their chosen career. 

Take a moment to step into the shoes of the team, think about their growth from a 15 man studio into what they are, all the obstacles they faced, lack of knowledge and experience, technological issues preventing the ideas being possible, never ending criticism from the community, pressure from the industry.  Yet, here they are several years later,  still here, still working on the title, still supporting us, each other, and tightly holding on to a battered pride and sense of accomplishment that the negativity infused denizens of the community continue to assault and chip away at.  While I myself have taken a few swings at their pride over the years with my own negativity and frustration, I have never lost sight that they are trying, nor have I ever lost respect for the achievements and creative game that this is. 

Am I currently loving Ark? Sure, on private servers.  I see this last map as an end to the story and the start of a new one, and I'm ready for it to be the end of the story. We've been through quite a few maps, stories, and one hell of a rollercoaster ride, I'm just hoping that Ark 2 won't be such a harrowing ride and that we'll see impactful changes based on wisdom gained from development on the original game.

Edited by Rio4201
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

I'm just gonna say this like it is. Wildcard does care about their game, maybe not for all the reasons an end user would want them to, and that's not to say that some of the Devs don't still care and have the passion to better the game.   Facts:  Ark is still their money maker, they can't afford not to care about the game as that would mean losing their jobs, feeding and supporting their families and destroying any aspiration to progress in their chosen career. 

Take a moment to step into the shoes of the team, think about their growth from a 15 man studio into what they are, all the obstacles they faced, lack of knowledge and experience, technological issues preventing the ideas being possible, never ending criticism from the community, pressure from the industry.  Yet, here they are several years later,  still here, still working on the title, still supporting us, each other, and tightly holding on to a battered pride and sense of accomplishment that the negativity infused denizens of the community continue to assault and chip away at.  While I myself have taken a few swings at their pride over the years with my own negativity and frustration, I have never lost sight that they are trying, nor have I ever lost respect for the achievements and creative game that this is. 

Am I currently loving Ark? Sure, on private servers.  I see this last map as an end to the story and the start of a new one, and I'm ready for it to be the end of the story. We've been through quite a few maps, stories, and one hell of a rollercoaster ride, I'm just hoping that Ark 2 won't be such a harrowing ride and that we'll see impactful changes based on wisdom gained from development on the original game.

I-It' so beautiful i m-might cry :_)

• Haha 1