Baryonyx Breeding

Indariel

I'm breeding a line of maxed out baryonyx (unofficial server using S+), but I'm a bit confused at the moment. I can't seem to get an oxygen mutation. I know that looking at their inventory it doesn't show an Oxy stat, but my spyglass shows a number there, whereas with my owls it shows their speed as 0-0 since they don't have a speed stat..so does this mean that the bary has a hidden oxy stat and I *can* get a mutation on it, or that the spyglass is wrong and I have just been wasting my time trying? (I know that they don't need higher Oxy since they can't drown...I wanted it for the swim speed)

10 hours ago, Indariel said:

I'm breeding a line of maxed out baryonyx (unofficial server using S+), but I'm a bit confused at the moment. I can't seem to get an oxygen mutation. I know that looking at their inventory it doesn't show an Oxy stat, but my spyglass shows a number there, whereas with my owls it shows their speed as 0-0 since they don't have a speed stat..so does this mean that the bary has a hidden oxy stat and I *can* get a mutation on it, or that the spyglass is wrong and I have just been wasting my time trying? (I know that they don't need higher Oxy since they can't drown...I wanted it for the swim speed)

Yes, the Baryonyx and some other aquatic species have a hidden oxygen stat. It's there, and it gets a number assigned to it (and yes it can get mutations) but it's completely useless to you. Even if your bary's get an oxygen mutation it will never help them in any way, ever, the only thing it will do is give them a color change.

I'm not following your comment about wanting oxygen for the swim speed, as far as I know their swim speed is based only on the levels you put into their movement speed after they're tamed/born. I've never heard of oxygen boosting their speed in any way, it's just a wasted stat.

The only way to test this is to tame several different levels of baryonyx so as to get different point vaules for oxy.  If you tamed a level 5 and a perfect tamed a level 150 , you could compare their average swim speed and see.  My bet is there would be no difference or hardly any difference.  Oxy is a stat that jumps way up when points are spent in it on top of a high inherited # , when difference is just between points that are inherited - there's a much smaller change to the overall %.

9 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Yes, the Baryonyx and some other aquatic species have a hidden oxygen stat. It's there, and it gets a number assigned to it (and yes it can get mutations) but it's completely useless to you. Even if your bary's get an oxygen mutation it will never help them in any way, ever, the only thing it will do is give them a color change.

I'm not following your comment about wanting oxygen for the swim speed, as far as I know their swim speed is based only on the levels you put into their movement speed after they're tamed/born. I've never heard of oxygen boosting their speed in any way, it's just a wasted stat.

Its based on some animals gaining swimming speed with oxygen stat increase.

22 hours ago, Luewen said:

Its based on some animals gaining swimming speed with oxygen stat increase.

True, but not applicable. Oxygen only boosts swim speed for post-tame/post-birth levels (and of course for survivors) it never boosts swim speed prior to taming/birth, which is why I asked the question. I was checking to see if someone had given him bad information about how the oxygen stat works.

Archived