How is genesis

Wisebreadfish

It's an interesting first venture by Wildcard into trying to get more interesting PVE content in the game.  They added lots of missions that you will have to do several of at least to be able to do the last boss on Gamma bare minimum.  Some of these missions are fun like racing games, fishing, or basketball with dodo's for instance, while others are wave types of events where you fight off hordes of tough enemies.  Others require you to fight off a very tough miniboss that can nearly one shot enrage a fully imprinted giga with a decent saddle if you try Alpha.  As a bonus these missions will give you free tek rifles, tek armor, sniper rifles, and more.  The downside is these missions can take up valuable building space in the world that might otherwise be a cool spot to have a base, but there are a few build in mission maps in existence as well.

Other than that the various biomes are pretty cool at first as well to explore and you do get considerably easy to farm element in the volcano region and fairly easy materials to farm when doing various missions.  Also the moon biome has insanely easy crystal and wood to farm.  I'd say for PVP there are various spots to build, but solid spots to build are few like other maps.  The bonus to the map is there are no flyers allowed and no titans as well.  So you'll mostly be dealing with skiffs, rock drakes, gasbags, turtles, and so forth as well as the typical fortnite builds.

Lastly, this adds in a new miniboss to kill for some tek engrams that may be helpful.  It also adds in a new shop that allows you to buy some items which will help you out immensely as previously stated since you can buy materials from the shop.  And I'm sure there are things that I am missing.  

Anyway, maybe this will help you.  If anything it might be worth just buying Genesis because it's the prelude to Genesis part 2, and Gen 2 leads into Ark 2 eventually.  

19 hours ago, Chewytowel said:

It's an interesting first venture by Wildcard into trying to get more interesting PVE content in the game.  They added lots of missions that you will have to do several of at least to be able to do the last boss on Gamma bare minimum.  Some of these missions are fun like racing games, fishing, or basketball with dodo's for instance, while others are wave types of events where you fight off hordes of tough enemies.  Others require you to fight off a very tough miniboss that can nearly one shot enrage a fully imprinted giga with a decent saddle if you try Alpha.  As a bonus these missions will give you free tek rifles, tek armor, sniper rifles, and more.  The downside is these missions can take up valuable building space in the world that might otherwise be a cool spot to have a base, but there are a few build in mission maps in existence as well.

Other than that the various biomes are pretty cool at first as well to explore and you do get considerably easy to farm element in the volcano region and fairly easy materials to farm when doing various missions.  Also the moon biome has insanely easy crystal and wood to farm.  I'd say for PVP there are various spots to build, but solid spots to build are few like other maps.  The bonus to the map is there are no flyers allowed and no titans as well.  So you'll mostly be dealing with skiffs, rock drakes, gasbags, turtles, and so forth as well as the typical fortnite builds.

Lastly, this adds in a new miniboss to kill for some tek engrams that may be helpful.  It also adds in a new shop that allows you to buy some items which will help you out immensely as previously stated since you can buy materials from the shop.  And I'm sure there are things that I am missing.  

Anyway, maybe this will help you.  If anything it might be worth just buying Genesis because it's the prelude to Genesis part 2, and Gen 2 leads into Ark 2 eventually.  

Thanks for the info it’s quite informative and well written I think genesis would be a fine purchase after hearing that review as I’m mainly a PVE player.

I wasn't a fan of genesis at first - I thought the concept was sloppy and the missions were corny.  Then the more I played it, the more I started to appreciate the things that make it unique from the other maps.  Among the interesting environmental hazards, it does something that was needed for PvE: added some challenge.  PvE starts with some challenge, but after you get a solid base and some high level tames, the struggle disappears with exception for boss fights.  But those take a lot of time to prepare for and some take a long time to complete.  With the alpha missions (and some beta), you get a healthy challenge and something to shoot for without requiring all the setup time.  And the loot can be decent at times.

On 2/25/2021 at 2:57 AM, Wisebreadfish said:

I've been considering buying genesis for a while now but haven't as my friend has heavily suggested to not buy it but I want a second opinion. How has every ones experience with genesis been so far, are bugs frequent or uncommon, any bit of information really helps.

To add on to what's already been said, you can easily farm fairly decent tek armour sets (400+ armour 700+ dura) from some missions that are easily dealt with using a good giga / basilo for the gauntlet mission. Some of the loot is "set" so I like to run missions that both help me farm stuff I want and get me lots of points to buy stuff.

You can find the loot table on the internet, but other than the tek pieces (armour + all tek weapons) the loot quality from missions themselves tends to be trash. Genesis is also THE map to farm element (easily 2k in an hour on x1 settings) and honestly it makes some resources super easy to get as well. I don't use snails and gachas anymore because a single 5 minutes-long mission gets me 28,800 hexagons which is enough for 10k cp, almost 4k gp, 24k hide or 120k fiber.

The lootcrates are decent, most of the stuff inside is junk but every once in a while you get some reaaaaaally good stuff. For tek structures I would recommend spamming 10k boxes, for some decent tek armour or tek saddles I would say go for the 20k ones, and finally the 35k boxes are kinda just meh. You will get decent saddles but often for trash dinos and if you're insanely lucky you might get an ascendant bp for something other than a parasaur or phiomia lol. If you get a tek piece from it though it will be 700+ armour and 1k+ dura always so depends on how lucky you feel.

As for the gameplay I won't lie the early game on GenOne is rough as hell. I really recommend bringing a rock drake for movement because bloodstalkers are squishy and horrifyingly BORING to tame. There are also a lot of frustrating mechanics (asteroids on lunar biome which deal 20k dmg to you and your mount thru a capped saddle and full imprint / volcano eruptions when farming ele or getting magma eggs / bloodstalker pulling your from your mount from half a mile away / really bad weather) which means you really want to find a spot away from all the BS, which in turn requires a non-flyer with very high mobility.

I hated genesis at first, but am fond of it now. The missions are a little repetative. Essentially, there are like maybe six different mission "types", and all of the 150-ish missions are just repetitions of these mission types. Nonetheless, it's still more varied than all the other maps put together.

X-creatures,which are Genesis-exclusive variants of existing dinos (like aberrant dinos) can level 88 levels vs the regular 71. So a tamed x-creature has the potential to become way better than its regular counterpart.

Missions are good as meat runs. You basically get rewarded items and hexagons (in game shop currency) for doing meat runs on Genesis. 

Some of the biomes seem to have a higher chance of spawning high level creatures. And the lunar biome only has tek creatures. It is _the_ place to hunt for tek rex tames, and just in general, genesis is a good map to get certain tames if you are into combining high stats from many tames.

Magmasaur is the new meta for obsidian/metal. It yields more resource per node than an anky and any other gathering dino, by such a substantial amount that it is totally worth it to get one. Lunar is insane for crystal. And the bloodstalker is the coolest creature to ride around on ever. 

If you play on a cluster, it's a "must-have" imo. Especially since the season pass includes Genesis 2, which 250% will be worth the price of the whole season pass. 

Oh, lastly, the Tek skiff is so cool. You can power it with element ore, which you can find lots of on Abberration. You can build on it. It doesn't attract aggro from any dino, even corrupted ones, while you are mounted on it. You can fly it down i to the redzone on abb and use its beam to pick up a reaper, and carry it somewhere safe. You can pick up brontos with it. It's such a useful taming tool. You can even pick up fliers. And you can dismount, and the skiff will keep holding them. It's also the fastest method of travel out of any. It's my new main mode of transportation.

Archived