doubts about the version of ark for epic games

geriko521

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, geriko521 said:

How long has ark been available on epic games? Are the ark servers on epic games the same as in steam? Is it possible to transfer my character from a steam pvp server to an epic games pvp server?

On 6/10/2020 at 5:54 PM, StudioWildcard said:

Epic Games Store Launch

pngguru.com.png

We’re hyped to welcome more Survivors to the ARK via our upcoming launch in the Epic Games store. For one week, players will be able to download a FREE copy of ARK for their personal library from the Epic Games launcher. Unlike “free weekends” the game will remain in your library for as long as you choose! Begin your journey on the island and see where the mysteries of ARK take you.

Other than modding, the Epic Store version of the game will operate like the Steam PC version and will be updated in full parity with our Steam updates. Both platforms will support crossplay, which will be enabled on our Official Servers between Steam and Epic Games and Unofficial Servers can choose to opt-into enabling crossplay or not.

Modding will not be supported at launch but we fully intend to have modding support enabled when the Epic Games Store supports it. For now, any servers that are set up to use mods will not display in the EGS version of ARK.

Now is the time to dive into the expansive world of ARK and begin an epic journey!

For those of you running dedicated servers, here's some info you need to know:

When running a Crossplay or Epic Game Store server, the VOIP software will be default to use the Vivox, an alternative VOIP plugin. For those using Steam only, you can continue to use Steam VOIP (default) or alternatively opt into Vivox.

Necessary Server Args:

-crossplay (enables Crossplay on Dedicated Server)
-epiconly (enables Epic Game Store only players to connect to the Dedicated Server)
-UseVivox (enables Vivox on Steam only servers)

Running a server with mods or without -epiconly or -crossplay will mean that the server will only accept player connections from Steam and not EGS.

9 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Epic's roadmap says it's been shipped, but I don't think ARK is supported just yet. Keep an eye on the announcements/patch notes and I'm sure it will be mentioned there if/when it does.

I know the game has been shipped, it was shipped almost a year ago (give or take) and once again WIldcard's promises are just empty words!

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I know the game has been shipped, it was shipped almost a year ago (give or take) and once again WIldcard's promises are just empty words!

You completely misunderstood what he said. He was saying Epic have shipped Mod support, hence the roadmap he linked to. Then he went to say "but I don't think ARK is supported yet".

1 hour ago, GP said:

You completely misunderstood what he said. He was saying Epic have shipped Mod support, hence the roadmap he linked to. Then he went to say "but I don't think ARK is supported yet".

Are you sure about that, he linked a news article by Wildcard and since then Wildcard hasn't done anything about Mod support for the EGS version. Not sure why EGS would provide a road map to something Wildcard needs to do!

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Are you sure about that, he linked a news article by Wildcard and since then Wildcard hasn't done anything about Mod support for the EGS version. Not sure why EGS would provide a road map to something Wildcard needs to do!

You really are failing to follow this topic aren't you?

Read back through the posts and see what was quoted and what you responded to.

What I see is this:

image.png

You asked does EGS support Mods yet (not Ark) (you probably meant Ark on EGS, but that's not what you said).

invincibleqc responded saying Epic's roadmap says mod support has shipped. But Ark isn't supported yet.

You then say you know the game has been shipped, because you didn't follow the conversation.

So yes, I am sure about the fact you misunderstood what is being said.

Archived