Yuty and Daeodon for solo bosses

dddandwatch

It would depend on the boss, I used to farm Alpha Broodmother by myself with 1 yuty and 19 rexes. I only level the rexes to 50k HP and the rest into melee. I would sit on yuty and use group whistles to fully surround Broodmother so that there's not only like 6 rexes actually attacking and the rest being stuck behind the other rexes. I get on the yuty and whistle one half to one side then whistle the other away then both to attack from each side. All prim saddles ; i think the lowest they get is like 20k health if the broodmother doesn't like one rex in particular.

Bring a Yuty. Ride the Yuty. Yuty courage roar adds 25% damage reduction and 25% damage output to your tames. Definitely worth it but don't rely on the auto roar. Ride it yourself and learn and use the whistle commands. 

No need for a Daeodon in the arena. They are best used to heal between running multiple fights. That spot is better used by another set of attacking teeth. 

Yuty is a must have. It'll get itself killed without a rider (and can't even encourage your troops unridden unless you're in singeplayer) so it should be your ride. A daeodon will also get itself killed unridden, and doesn't heal enough to justify bringing it to most fights. I think its worth bringing to master controller though because its a very long fight so the pig can put in work.

On 2/23/2021 at 6:58 PM, dddandwatch said:

If I'm going to be doing a boss solo, should I bring a Yutyrannus and Daeodon? Are either of them any good without a rider?

Best way to do it is to have the yuty on auto rawr and ride the deadon....While yuty screams at stuff, he follows you, but is set to passive, so he doesn't jump into the fray. Then run up behind the group and heal while yuty is right behind you, giveing everyone the buff.....don't get too close or you might recive splash damage, or agro any of the boss's little helpers

On 2/23/2021 at 7:52 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

No need for a Daeodon in the arena. They are best used to heal between running multiple fights. That spot is better used by another set of attacking teeth. 

I'd have to very much disagree here. Unless you have OP superman dinos and can run the boss flawlessly every time, I think piglets are a massive help.

I did Val beta for the first time recently. Took 15 rexes 2 pigs 2 Denons and a Yuty. The 2 pigs were vital in keeping my troops going and I still suffered several losses. Not sure I would have beaten it with 2 more rexes instead of piggys.

Plus an owl is way better for healing outside the fight than pigs imo.

2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I'd have to very much disagree here. Unless you have OP superman dinos and can run the boss flawlessly every time, I think piglets are a massive help.

I did Val beta for the first time recently. Took 15 rexes 2 pigs 2 Denons and a Yuty. The 2 pigs were vital in keeping my troops going and I still suffered several losses. Not sure I would have beaten it with 2 more rexes instead of piggys.

Plus an owl is way better for healing outside the fight than pigs imo.

This seems more like bad luck for you.

I've done Rag Alpha with 12k hp, 431m hatch Rex's and a Yuty. It was tough but ultimately successful. 

I've done Val Beta with 11.5k hp, 461m Tek Rex's and a Yuty. That was actually a walk in the park I felt.

Guess it could be the difference netween a solo run and one with a few riders (4 total riders in each fight). 

I have only been part of one fight with a Daeodon in. Legacy we ran Alpha Brood. 3 riders (one on Daeodon, 1 on Yuty, 1 on a Rex) and we didn't lose any though my Rex was down to 2k after face tanking most of it. I guess it could of been the Daeodon but another 800 melee (800 damage a bite when factoring in mate boost and Yuty buff, if I did the math right @invincibleqc ) could of ended it sooner. I'm not sure how much the Daeodon actually healed and which particular Rex's benefited the most. 

I think Daeodon's are great for a solo purple though and as part of a team when doing Gen Alpha missions.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This seems more like bad luck for you.

I've done Rag Alpha with 12k hp, 431m hatch Rex's and a Yuty. It was tough but ultimately successful. 

I've done Val Beta with 11.5k hp, 461m Tek Rex's and a Yuty. That was actually a walk in the park I felt.

Guess it could be the difference netween a solo run and one with a few riders (4 total riders in each fight). 

I have only been part of one fight with a Daeodon in. Legacy we ran Alpha Brood. 3 riders (one on Daeodon, 1 on Yuty, 1 on a Rex) and we didn't lose any though my Rex was down to 2k after face tanking most of it. I guess it could of been the Daeodon but another 800 melee (800 damage a bite when factoring in mate boost and Yuty buff, if I did the math right @invincibleqc ) could of ended it sooner. I'm not sure how much the Daeodon actually healed and which particular Rex's benefited the most. 

I think Daeodon's are great for a solo purple though and as part of a team when doing Gen Alpha missions.

I hate breeding so my Rexes weren't even close to yours. I just took whatever popped out first generation and rolled with it so I could unlock some tekgrams.

Like I said, if you have souped up dinos and can stomp the bosses, then sure pigs aren't really necessary. BUT if you're borderline on whether you can compete the mission or not, pigs can make a big difference over another pair of jaws.

Archived