Cryopod new display nice, but missing gender?

xPraetorianx1911

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Hopefully ps5's blazing fast SSD makes stuff like this a thing of the past in Ark 2.

Not sure to what level the SSD of the playstation has anything to do with the servers performance?

Just found out I had Ark stored on my HDD not on my SSD... 😣 No more room on my ssd :S

Loading in the skins of dinos and meshes and walls may improve game performace, but all the work servers have to do on dinomovements, lights, data size of bases etc doesnt have much to do with it?

3 hours ago, BigManJapan said:

Honestly folks at WC.  You should literally fire whoever turned that work in for the UX on the new cryopod view.  I have 20 years managing developers and designers and that work is not even acceptable for an internal PoC.   It's embarrassing for you guys.

ArK tEw WiLl Be AmAzInG bEcAuSe NeW eNgInE

1 hour ago, SunsetErosion said:

Not sure to what level the SSD of the playstation has anything to do with the servers performance?

Just found out I had Ark stored on my HDD not on my SSD... 😣 No more room on my ssd :S

Loading in the skins of dinos and meshes and walls may improve game performace, but all the work servers have to do on dinomovements, lights, data size of bases etc doesnt have much to do with it?

Hmm I dont pretend to be a coding or optimization expert but I figured the SSD would improve how assets load in which would hopefully soon make pop-in a thing of the past or at least substantially reduce it. 

I know DayZ went from nearly unplayable to smooth and stable in the big cities on ps5.

Conversely Ark still runs like trash on ps5, which I thought might just be a product of how utterly poor this game is optimized and coded on the current engine. 

Could certainly be wrong though and I will defer to those with knowledge of how games actually work.

So you make it HUGE and then to FIX something you make the males BLUE and I am guessing the females will be PINK?

what if someone is colorblind? how will this work? I'm not but my fiance is and this is a big issue. ALSO the  females are all spayed, how do you implement something SO POORLY??? just PLEASE throw out the new UI and put it back the way it was. I absolutely hate the new one and no amount of tweaking will change it from a dead whale to something I will ever find enjoyable to look at. IT IS HUGE.. I mean WHY?

• Volunteer Moderator

Guys, not all changes are retrospective.

The gender symbol will display when you cryo a creature. Anything already cryo'd will need to be uncryo'd and re-cryo'd for the gender symbol to display.

Also the same goes for the Spayed notice. They all say spayed and you need to uncryo them to resolve that.

7 minutes ago, GP said:

Guys, not all changes are retrospective.

The gender symbol will display when you cryo a creature. Anything already cryo'd will need to be uncryo'd and re-cryo'd for the gender symbol to display.

Also the same goes for the Spayed notice. They all say spayed and you need to uncryo them to resolve that.

Yeah I uncryo'd alright. Have some gachas that are going to people. Good times....

46A520CCD16DD6415DE8993D490992DD4EB259D9 (1920×1080)

I cant read the stats on the new UI now.
I didnt want this to be shrunk, its blurry and I cant see the text.

Is there an option to have the older size back please?
Or heck, the way this was before these changes were made.

I am totally unable to read these stats on the pod, I'll have to release my pets or look at my notes

Maybe if the background of each letter was more solid, higher contrast background from foreground, and not blurred. a Crisper/sharper font

Are my eyes going bad, or do these stat numbers look blurry to anyone else?
unknown.png

May I be on the testing team?
I think with something providing important information like this needs to be refined before reaching the live servers. I would like to help test that seeing these numerous issues have come up that makes me feel the testers need more help testing.

My empathy cries for colorblind, and all spayed have to be recryoed? nawww... that'd be like ... I got over a dozen cryofridges 72/72, nothing spayed, yet everything will say spayed? Any chance to fix that before making it live?

Oh dear already live. Pls I wish I could help test, this mess on the live servers is a bit infuriating to me, I'm needing a nap now.

1 hour ago, GreenRoc said:

May I be on the testing team?
I think with something providing important information like this needs to be refined before reaching the live servers. I would like to help test that seeing these numerous issues have come up that makes me feel the testers need more help testing.

My empathy cries for colorblind, and all spayed have to be recryoed? nawww... that'd be like ... I got over a dozen cryofridges 72/72, nothing spayed, yet everything will say spayed? Any chance to fix that before making it live?

Oh dear already live. Pls I wish I could help test, this mess on the live servers is a bit infuriating to me, I'm needing a nap now.

Better testers is the last thing they want. Then they'd have to actually revise stuff instead of rushing out whatever and slapping a patch or 2 on the incomplete content if we complain loudly enough about it's broken state.

I see Gender icon has been applied! this is awesome!
I still cant read the stats, I squint and stand up to get a closer look and I still cant read.

Can a dev pls add a darker shadow to the white letters of the stat numbers? I think the slightly darker shadow is causing this blurring. Higher contrast in the shadow might clear the letters for me.

unknown.png

Image of my Sarco's Cryopod Tooltip with my character info underneath.

I can read my character's information. I cannot read my sarco's stat numbers. The sarco numbers look slightly smaller, but the contrast in the background of the numbers looks to have far less contrast in the shadow of the font letters.

TL;DR:
I ask dev to darken contrast between cryopod stat font and font shadow

1 hour ago, GreenRoc said:

I still cant read the stats, I squint and stand up to get a closer look and I still cant read.

Can a dev pls add a darker shadow to the white letters of the stat numbers? I think the slightly darker shadow is causing this blurring. Higher contrast in the shadow might clear the letters for me.

unknown.png

I can read my character's information. I cannot read my sarco's stat numbers. The sarco numbers look slightly smaller, but the contrast in the background of the numbers looks to have far less contrast in the shadow of the font letters.

TL;DR:

Dude you need to focus on getting up out of cloth gear nevermind the cryo UI.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:10 AM, Jasminia said:

Why reinvent the wheel with cryopods. You guys had the info screen in the animal perfect. Here are some suggestions on how to improve the new cryo UI. Also as an incentive to keeping dinos cryopodded. Why not cut the cooldown timer in half like the passive XP. Make it so that you only gain the bonus when in a cryofridge. Forgive the sloppy paintjob. It's 5am 😃

32753974_NewCryopod.png.611268c505ce603573eed36801580d39.png

Superior to what we have.  The most important piece of information I would like to see in the cryo display is the armor.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:48 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

Dude you need to focus on getting up out of cloth gear nevermind the cryo UI.

Server crashes alot,and I do bedhops (Fast Travel), so the gear will drop off often. I got tired putting clothes back on everyday.

Cloth was a freebie I got out of a drop. I usually run around naked to not lose anything.
(p.s. Dudette, but you couldnt know, all good)

Edit to add: I read patch notes, oh goodness much better!
Still missing armor tho. You guys are listening! I love u all ❤️

Not sure why it got a redesign, but the male/female icon doesn't always show up, and when it does, it's usually wrong. Is this a known issue? It seems like they keep trying to fix it, but haven't quite gotten there yet.

EDIT

Ok, my thread was moved here I hadn't seen this post. Hopefully they are working on fixing this UI right now.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:50 AM, GreenRoc said:

unknown.png

TL;DR:

Unfortunately the icon only shows up some of the time, and when it does, it's wrong.

Archived