Cryopod new display nice, but missing gender?

xPraetorianx1911

12 hours ago, Sausagedog85 said:

podding on PVE now has breed timers being applied to dinos that have not even been bred in months

I can confirm this is happening on my official PvE.
I unpodded a female (I havent moved her between servers, never bred her, and I tamed her (not hatched) and less than an hour ago, I saw she has over a day cooldown before she can mate again.

I'm pretty sure applying a breed CD when put into pods maybe counter-productive on reducing the load on the servers. I'm not looking forward to unpodding and feeding all my breeding ladies. I hope this change is another oopsie.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, GP said:

But it's not worth making a fuss because the UI is large, I mean really? It doesn't cause any problems.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not? (me blind to sarcasm).
I like the bigger size personally. I have both UI sliders as big as I can get, and in many areas of the game (like the chat) the text still isnt big enough to read comfortably (I am not being sarcastic, my vision isnt as good as it used to be).

Also, I had slight difficulty figuring out what numbers were assigned to which stat icon since there wasn't a clear divide line between each stat.

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not? (me blind to sarcasm).
I like the bigger size personally. I have both UI sliders as big as I can get, and in many areas of the game (like the chat) the text still isnt big enough to read comfortably (I am not being sarcastic, my vision isnt as good as it used to be).

Also, I had slight difficulty figuring out what numbers were assigned to which stat icon since there wasn't a clear divide line between each stat.

I may have worded it poorly. I was basically saying there's no point in making fuss just because it is large. Like what issue does it cause just because it is large.

7 hours ago, Jasminia said:

Why reinvent the wheel with cryopods. You guys had the info screen in the animal perfect. Here are some suggestions on how to improve the new cryo UI. Also as an incentive to keeping dinos cryopodded. Why not cut the cooldown timer in half like the passive XP. Make it so that you only gain the bonus when in a cryofridge. Forgive the sloppy paintjob. It's 5am 😃

32753974_NewCryopod.png.611268c505ce603573eed36801580d39.png

far better, simpler, comprehensive and useful design.  I like that. And % stats are reported correctly 🙂

Sorry to say I dont like the new layout. The display is chaotic and I just cant figure it all out fast, when i would hoover over them. More info is good, but the info doesnt come quick to me... I might just be stupid... :)

Also for some reason I think info on the dino inside might be wrong. Because it shows my rexes have eg. 35% melee. What does that mean? How can my rex have only 35% melee? And other rexes are shown to have 1200% melee, so I got scared. But I uncryo them and they turn out to have 1500% melee, as I remember them to have...

Whats going on?

3 hours ago, GP said:

The cooldown needs to be changed to before where it doesn't cause a cooldown unless you transfer.

The gender and saddle needs to be added too.

But it's not worth making a fuss because the UI is large, I mean really? It doesn't cause any problems.

To me it actually does make a huge difference... My Monitor is 45inch so I now have to move my head to read all the info :P

Scrolling through all the pods I would get a headacke...

57 minutes ago, Alessio89 said:

far better, simpler, comprehensive and useful design.  I like that. And % stats are reported correctly 🙂

Thats what i was thinking over morning coffee. I dont want to have to scratch my head and think about things when i look at a cryopod. I want it simple and easy to read so i can select the best breeders to go with whatever project i'm doing. Currently it's Gachas.  I like that its becoming a mini ark smartbreeder. The colors and mutations addition is spot on. Just needs some tweaking. Please for the love of god put a mating cooldown timer on the pod. That would be the icing on the cake after they fix the mating cooldown problems/gender etc.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Pilsy said:

Please Fix the Gender display and the Melee Stat being off by 100 points, on EVERYTHING.. Repodding only fixes the colors display.

FYI folks, we're working on a small client update asap for the cryo UI. It'll be updated to re-add gender as well as whether the creature has been neutered/spayed.

We're also going to look into adding the colour ID too though not likely it'll be in this client update but another one in the future

(and displaying the correct values for melee/movement stat)

Are there any plans to also add the amount of points a dino has got in its stats? My tribe is breeding a TON of dinos and the actual stat value (e.g. 1000.00 on health) doesn't matter too much because that already includes the imprint bonus. Instead it would be important to know that the dino has e.g. 10 points in health.

That's a new bug with the cryopods. When you pokeball a female dino and then release it again, they've got a mating timer, even when they didn't have one before.

Males don't display the timer but there still seems to be some type of invisible one because the S+ mutator isn't working on them anymore and that only used to happen when a dino has a cooldown. My tribe uses pokeballs to exchange dinos and move them around but with this pokeballs are now pretty much useless for breeding.

I hope this is a bug and not intentional because there's simply no point to it. You can't upload a dino in a cryopod (okay, you can but it resets them to level 1) and uploading your survivor just drops everything in your inventory, so you can't even use it to "cheat".

19 hours ago, Sausagedog85 said:

Wow there is some serious asskissing going on here..

Considering;

1) It was designed with no attempt at first glance readability or accessibility in mind.

2) None of this information is relevant enough before unpodding to be center place, removing text for icons is lazy and causes confusion to those who are not familiar with the icons

3) The most important information needed without unpodding has been removed, (male/female/imprint) this is far more important that how many mutations there are (which is also incorrect, first generation wyverns hatched from wild eggs are showing to have 750k mutations)

4) Font size and style is wildly inconsistent, padding and margins are way off. (use definite sizing not percentages you hack)

(it's also HUGE, and blocks even more of the chat window and the inventory menu depending on where it is in your inv (hotbar or inv))

5) The weird lines at the top which I assume is supposed to represent colour zones have no explanation of what it actually is, and as a bonus are incorrect for almost every dino I own.

EDIT: Also, podding on PVE now has breed timers being applied to dinos that have not even been bred in months

From a designers point of view, this is a dogs breakfast. ( Surprised they didn't use comic sans)

The ideal solution here would have been to use the original window, but increase font size (accessibility was bad beforehand, due to font size), make it about 20% larger (or make it scalable) to increase readability at a glance, and add the colour zones and mutation information to the existing frame's lower half, removing the weapon and weight information that was irrelevant anyway.

EDIT (again): Just to add salt to the wound, when I try to access two of my fridges it does this now: 
riqnGBO.png

1. Agreed

2. The old text was way better.

3. As with all stat changes, you need to uncryo and cryo for it to show correct.

4. Size needs to be scalable.

5. See n.3. But yes the colors need color id listed also. Too many similar colors to see from the bars.

Mating cooldown happens if you cryo dinos. Only happens once though so its in line with other cryopod changes.

15 hours ago, GP said:

for me the size itself is not the problem. the chaotic arrangement of the stats bothers me.
some numbers are big, others are small; some numbers are above, others below.
I would like it to be clear (apart from the fact that I would also like to have informations like "raised by", "armor" and "mating cooldown timer" ^^).

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Khiida said:

for me the size itself is not the problem. the chaotic arrangement of the stats bothers me.
some numbers are big, others are small; some numbers are above, others below.
I would like it to be clear (apart from the fact that I would also like to have informations like "raised by", "armor" and "mating cooldown timer" ^^).

The differing sizes of the numbers is rather odd.

As for some numbers above, some below, well that's not quite what it is. Basically the stats that can change, i.e. HP, stam, oxy, food, weight, torpor show 2 stats. The top stat being what it was at the time of cryo, so in most cases food will be different, and if you cryo it when it wasn't fully healed then HP too. Stam and Oxy will hardly ever be different, and weight would only be 20 if it has a saddle on, which btw is an indicator of having a saddle.

The number below is the max number of that stat.

The stats that only have 1 number, i.e. melee and speed are numbers that would never be different from the point of cryo and the max.

Of course I agree it is rather messy and not well thought through, but that is why some stats have two numbers.

Maybe a little off-topic. But shouldnt the devs promote cryoing. Every server has people that have hundreds of dinos out for no other reason than to show off or something. Making flying near huge clustered bases a real pain. They have to cube all the dinos in so they build bases with thousands of walls. (Large walls should have their resourse cost lowered, maybe to promote the use of those also!

->

But maybe introduce a TEK Incubator in wich you can put 2 cryopods, and the incubator wil let the animals in the pods mate. So this way you can leave the timers on in the incubator and there would be no reason to uncryo a lot of animals and dinos...

You could have the baby dino spawn on a platform like with the Cloning Chamber...

1 hour ago, GP said:

As for some numbers above, some below, well that's not quite what it is. Basically the stats that can change, i.e. HP, stam, oxy, food, weight, torpor show 2 stats. The top stat being what it was at the time of cryo, so in most cases food will be different, and if you cryo it when it wasn't fully healed then HP too. Stam and Oxy will hardly ever be different, and weight would only be 20 if it has a saddle on, which btw is an indicator of having a saddle.

The number below is the max number of that stat.

sorry - my english istn`t very well. i meant that the hp stats are positioned lower than stamina for example. i know why the stats are different in each category. ^^

2 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Maybe a little off-topic. But shouldnt the devs promote cryoing. Every server has people that have hundreds of dinos out for no other reason than to show off or something. Making flying near huge clustered bases a real pain. They have to cube all the dinos in so they build bases with thousands of walls. (Large walls should have their resourse cost lowered, maybe to promote the use of those also!

->

But maybe introduce a TEK Incubator in wich you can put 2 cryopods, and the incubator wil let the animals in the pods mate. So this way you can leave the timers on in the incubator and there would be no reason to uncryo a lot of animals and dinos...

You could have the baby dino spawn on a platform like with the Cloning Chamber...

Hopefully ps5's blazing fast SSD makes stuff like this a thing of the past in Ark 2.

13 hours ago, Luewen said:

From a designers point of view, this is a dogs breakfast. ( Surprised they didn't use comic sans)

Honestly folks at WC.  You should literally fire whoever turned that work in for the UX on the new cryopod view.  I have 20 years managing developers and designers and that work is not even acceptable for an internal PoC.   It's embarrassing for you guys.

Archived