Cryopod new display nice, but missing gender?

xPraetorianx1911

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who has reduced eyesight I'm also impressed about the good readabilty of the new pod info.

Devs, I'm waiting since a long time for a more barrier free UI, especially the chat window which is so hard to read with its small font. I really would like to chat, but can't because of the bad readabilty.

Please, at least a font size selector for the chatbox. A selectable background color would also be great and would help the disabled like me a lot.

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

If you still can't tell what's wrong w/ those pictures....

783D789058BD231F19B2A40C854F81F122E0A29B

Massive flaw? We don't have the same definition of massive flaw. There is only the base 100% melee missing in the calculation displaying that stat. Other than that, all the info is there.

13 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Massive flaw? We don't have the same definition of massive flaw. There is only the base 100% melee missing in the calculation displaying that stat. Other than that, all the info is there.

granted, I'm exaggerating.   I think I had one person coming to pick up podded animals I was trading to them today and I think they saw that , and went back to their server.  I'm sort of hoping that's the case... i think i should have asked for more.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

some56thing else appears to be going on w/ podding animals.  I'm getting breeding cool down timers on females that were never left on to mate.  I had 10 out on my roof on crystal isles, I just podded them to move inside, and they all now have cooldowns.

so yea -= new massive flaw was introduced, just not the one i overstated originally.

I saw this new feature moents ago and jawdrop, amazing and going to be very helpful overall...

But gender is missing. Seeing the gender on the pod is very important to me, so important and due to the first iteration of pods lacking gender (and in many cases, having the wrong gender) I started adding gender things to my newer dinos names (i.e Mr, Ms). which isnt something I want to do to a limited-character title.

Can I please have something to indicate the gender, aside from having to change my 300+ pods? k thx so much, love seeing the color bars most of all!

Seeing sample id on it would be awsome too, but I'll keep manually looking at the dino for that data.

Wow there is some serious asskissing going on here..

Considering;

1) It was designed with no attempt at first glance readability or accessibility in mind.

2) None of this information is relevant enough before unpodding to be center place, removing text for icons is lazy and causes confusion to those who are not familiar with the icons

3) The most important information needed without unpodding has been removed, (male/female/imprint) this is far more important that how many mutations there are (which is also incorrect, first generation wyverns hatched from wild eggs are showing to have 750k mutations)

4) Font size and style is wildly inconsistent, padding and margins are way off. (use definite sizing not percentages you hack)

(it's also HUGE, and blocks even more of the chat window and the inventory menu depending on where it is in your inv (hotbar or inv))

5) The weird lines at the top which I assume is supposed to represent colour zones have no explanation of what it actually is, and as a bonus are incorrect for almost every dino I own.

EDIT: Also, podding on PVE now has breed timers being applied to dinos that have not even been bred in months

From a designers point of view, this is a dogs breakfast. ( Surprised they didn't use comic sans)

The ideal solution here would have been to use the original window, but increase font size (accessibility was bad beforehand, due to font size), make it about 20% larger (or make it scalable) to increase readability at a glance, and add the colour zones and mutation information to the existing frame's lower half, removing the weapon and weight information that was irrelevant anyway.

EDIT (again): Just to add salt to the wound, when I try to access two of my fridges it does this now: 
riqnGBO.png

Why reinvent the wheel with cryopods. You guys had the info screen in the animal perfect. Here are some suggestions on how to improve the new cryo UI. Also as an incentive to keeping dinos cryopodded. Why not cut the cooldown timer in half like the passive XP. Make it so that you only gain the bonus when in a cryofridge. Forgive the sloppy paintjob. It's 5am 😃

32753974_NewCryopod.png.611268c505ce603573eed36801580d39.png

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Sausagedog85 said:

removing text for icons is lazy and causes confusion to those who are not familiar with the icons

There were many issues in the past months related to these labels and localization other than English, so perhaps that was one of their decisive factor to replace them with icons. As for the design itself, while it is subjective and everyone have their own tastes, there is definitely room for improvement. They can certainly do better; especially if you compare it with their recent "Taming HUD" for example.

17 hours ago, Jasminia said:

Becareful Podding/Unpodding currently. It will put the females into Cooldown if you pull it out multiple times. Otherwise I agree the UI is nice looking. Love the mutations/colors being in your face. I'm hoping that the cooldown was supposed to go onto the pod but is going on the dino instead. 

This. Please @Cedric @Dollie @Jatheish take a look into it before ppl start flooding the ark with dinos cause putting them in cryopod put females into cooldown. Also that the cooldown timer is rerolled everytime a female is uncryoed.

2 hours ago, Jasminia said:

Why reinvent the wheel with cryopods. You guys had the info screen in the animal perfect. Here are some suggestions on how to improve the new cryo UI. Also as an incentive to keeping dinos cryopodded. Why not cut the cooldown timer in half like the passive XP. Make it so that you only gain the bonus when in a cryofridge. Forgive the sloppy paintjob. It's 5am 😃

32753974_NewCryopod.png.611268c505ce603573eed36801580d39.png

I love your design... is much better than the original

Archived