• Forest
    • Plains
    • Ocean
    • Redwood
    • Swamp
    • River
    • Snow

3 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Ocean isn’t that scary, if you have a basilio. I haven’t ever gone to the DEEP ocean without one. I used my barry to tame a basilio and then I took the basilio caving. Killed my alpha mosa and alpha tusk with it no problem. 

Exactly,, then the only problem is o2, and after about 30 minutes when hp is a concern.

I was gonna come vote ocean but a thyla killed me off my wyvern on the way there.

I will say ocean IS the scariest biome if you're on a laggy server or one that crashes often but in a setting where I know I won't catch a surprise DC I'm a lot more scared about landing and getting purlovia'd or getting pounced on by a thyla / drive-by'd by a microraptor.

On 2/24/2021 at 10:57 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Caves aren’t really a biome.. I mean they kinda are but I didn’t count them cuz if your going into a cave you come prepared. What I mean is they are designed to be deadly.

I want to use Tek engrams.
To have Tek engrams I need to kill bosses.
To kill bosses I need to get trophies/artifacts to pay the price of entry into boss arenas.
To get trophies/artifacts I need to go into caves.

I dont like caves, I dont like boss runs, and so my access to Tek is a series of unwanted activities through areas I dont want to go into.
14k hours, and only two boss runs.

I shall agree that caves arent one of the biomes to pick from, and so, I pick Redwoods.
Redwoods (near the trees) is probably my next pick on my most hated biome. I'd rather live in Murder Murder Snow than Redwoods. I say this knowing my main base is in the redwoods, but not near the trees (just happen to be where someone else built on the edge of the biome, and my survivor now lives there). Treecats are like heat-seeking missiles, I avid going near the bigtrees as much as possible. I do not like dangers, and I avoid the agrivation as much as possible, because I like eye candy, breeding, building, and dinos! Which no other game seems to have this combo of my favorite game mechanics arranged in many overwhelmingly beautiful visuals.

Microraptors, purlovas, troodons, thylas (treecats) are many of the evils of Redwoods.

19 hours ago, wizard03 said:

the redwoods is a love hate relationship as it has nothing you "need" but everything you want.....with tree kitties

Sap, and bees and weird climbs things, at the cost of your sanity and all of your tames! Will you come or will you stay far far away? Or come and meet teeth, claws and fangs!

22 hours ago, RedOne said:

Snow.  Too many Yuti-boosted carno packs.

It used to be the ocean, but now I take 24 Super Barys that are absolutely unstoppable (barring the occasional high-level alpha mos.)  We curbstomp the ocean.

Hmm super barys sound OP, I should try that. Usually opt for a basil pod. Especially for insulation buff.

19 minutes ago, Frael said:

I notice everyone saying the ocean is easy with this or that dino, but redwoods are pretty easy with a giga too. I think some criteria needs to be specified to be fair about it.

I think the pole is opiniomistic, everyone in this game has diffrent interests, playstyle, preferred tamed, skill level, circumstances, and tribe them. Also, in redwoods, if a thyla gets you, I think thyla is faster then giga.

If a thyla grabs you off a giga, as long as the giga is not on passive, it will usually be dead before you hit the floor. It's the way I prefer to hunt thyla claws. You can usually get a good view of them anyway and can chomp them mid air as they launch at you.

I see what you're saying though, but if you have the right dino for the biome then nowhere should be scary really. From my perspective, if you're on a giga in the redwoods you are pretty much untouchable. The ocean biome is always going to be a bit more stressful to me, just a higher probability of things going wrong. Even if you do manage to die in the redwoods it's not too hard to recover your gear and tame. If you die in the ocean you may lose everything you took.

1 hour ago, Frael said:

If a thyla grabs you off a giga, as long as the giga is not on passive, it will usually be dead before you hit the floor. It's the way I prefer to hunt thyla claws. You can usually get a good view of them anyway and can chomp them mid air as they launch at you.

I see what you're saying though, but if you have the right dino for the biome then nowhere should be scary really. From my perspective, if you're on a giga in the redwoods you are pretty much untouchable. The ocean biome is always going to be a bit more stressful to me, just a higher probability of things going wrong. Even if you do manage to die in the redwoods it's not too hard to recover your gear and tame. If you die in the ocean you may lose everything you took.

My pack of 6 level 130+ tamed megs I was bringing back to base was killed by 5 eels. Not funni. They were in the seaweed. I did lose some of my stuff cuz a lot was in megs, which I failed to recover bags or live ones. I did get my body with the important stuff. I almost never have died in redwoods tho, mostly cuz I avoid it.

13 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

I want to use Tek engrams.
To have Tek engrams I need to kill bosses.
To kill bosses I need to get trophies/artifacts to pay the price of entry into boss arenas.
To get trophies/artifacts I need to go into caves.

I dont like caves, I dont like boss runs, and so my access to Tek is a series of unwanted activities through areas I dont want to go into.
14k hours, and only two boss runs.

You can get a lot of Tekgrams just from Alpha Crystal Wyv Queen. Those artifacts are basically free. No crazy cave runs. 2 Ocean trips I believe. 

You can also get a large amount of them from killing the Extinction Titans. Forest and Ice pretty easy with a couple bred Giga's. Desert, I like to use a Mek and just walk around on the ground to avoid its lightning. 

can I just say, how scary it is in the swampy waters of the crystal isles jungle? you can barely get your head out of the water and looking under you barely see anything, and since you're in water you're insanely slow, and the trees even seem menacing. And for the worst part, sarcos lurk here, and it's bloody nightmarish to see one of those swimming towards you when not close to land.

3 hours ago, thedrongoofark said:

can I just say, how scary it is in the swampy waters of the crystal isles jungle? you can barely get your head out of the water and looking under you barely see anything, and since you're in water you're insanely slow, and the trees even seem menacing. And for the worst part, sarcos lurk here, and it's bloody nightmarish to see one of those swimming towards you when not close to land.

Just any swamp, I’m terrified 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Voidgoof said:

Have the spawns of the eels increased with a patch?  On the island official...playing for 2 years, never seen an eel....thought they were just at underwater caves...I have suddenly seen several in the last two weeks by the surface around herb island.  Scary.

Don’t think so, check the patch notes..

Archived