• Forest
    • Plains
    • Ocean
    • Redwood
    • Swamp
    • River
    • Snow

16 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Yes, ark oceans are bad. I hate redwoods tho cuz of just excessive carnivores, bad visibility, and bird taking down thylos... I mostly avoid the biome all together if I can. Same with ocean tho. Literally all the reasons I just listed. 

Don't get me wrong I have had my fair share of flying through the redwoods getting Thylo hug to death. Then on my return with the big guns getting troodon bed time story when cryo-podding. I think back to getting queen bees (when that was still a thing) lining up about 5 or 6 death respawn cycles until I got my first bee home.

Probably Redwoods. Purlovia, Microraptors, and Thylas all in one biome... Seems to be lots of alphas there too, so early game it can be a nightmare to navigate, and that's if we forget the other normal predators. 

Thylas also seem to just not exist when I'm being careful of them or looking to tame one, but the minute I stop caring and just start running around it starts raining cats. Just my luck I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Probably Redwoods. Purlovia, Microraptors, and Thylas all in one biome... Seems to be lots of alphas there too, so early game it can be a nightmare to navigate, and that's if we forget the other normal predators. 

Thylas also seem to just not exist when I'm being careful of them or looking to tame one, but the minute I stop caring and just start running around it starts raining cats. Just my luck I guess. 

I flew through redwoods so many times, and landed like 1000 time, terrified one would appear. Finally, I’m just like, these must be rare af, so I go in with a direwolf, and the second the wolves feet are on the redwood leaves, pounce! And I’m like ??? Then the text says wolf killed a thyla. 

anyway, yes, lots of predators, raptors, carnos, alpha carnos, compys and bugs galore, and more!

24 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I chose snow, not only is almost everything in the snow willing to eat you but you have to deal with the cold, for a newbie that is not easy. 

Tru, snow be cold, but at least most of it doesn't immobilize you! I only go there with an argy to pick up a woof then leave.

10 minutes ago, Frael said:

Genuine question; to those who said redwoods is the scariest biome, how much time have you spent exploring the ocean biome? I mean like the deep ocean, with the tuso's/alpha tuso's and mosa's/alpha mosa's?

Lots, I used to hunt dunks with a Meg pack for chiten, 500 so per fish. I got killed by jellyies twice and an eel once(my whole pack) before I learned. After that I tamed two mate boasted high level basi. They can take out the swarms of enemy dinos underwater now.

21 hours ago, 2OLEgend said:

if you disconnect you die.

On time I had a really long lag spike as soon as my head when in the water(i rendered in a massive base of mine at the same time where my tribe mate had a BUNCH of dinos out, and I didn’t have a very good PC then) and once it ended I drowned. Really easy to retrieve, but, yeah. Point made.

Toss up between Ocean and Red Woods, Ocean you have to be hyper vigilant, and checking every direction including above and below. I usually go with a level 300 fully imprinted tuso and I am still nervous. Can get pinned easily if not paying attention. We have lost 3 wild tame Tuso on the island, and one newly purchased 145 clone to a manta swarm on The Center. Red Woods risky too, but go in with an owl and you see those thyla sitting in the trees before they get you. Still if I am on any other mount it's a scary situation to have to go there. I have let presents go during xmas event cause they landed in there. Just recently tamed a 168 Tek Quetz that landed just within the border of Red Woods, was a nail biting hour and forty four minutes.

5 hours ago, Kali1973 said:

Toss up between Ocean and Red Woods, Ocean you have to be hyper vigilant, and checking every direction including above and below. I usually go with a level 300 fully imprinted tuso and I am still nervous. Can get pinned easily if not paying attention. We have lost 3 wild tame Tuso on the island, and one newly purchased 145 clone to a manta swarm on The Center. Red Woods risky too, but go in with an owl and you see those thyla sitting in the trees before they get you. Still if I am on any other mount it's a scary situation to have to go there. I have let presents go during xmas event cause they landed in there. Just recently tamed a 168 Tek Quetz that landed just within the border of Red Woods, was a nail biting hour and forty four minutes.

I had a quetzal land just in the border of the ocean(and river once two) neither time went well for the quetzal.

9 hours ago, Frael said:

Genuine question; to those who said redwoods is the scariest biome, how much time have you spent exploring the ocean biome? I mean like the deep ocean, with the tuso's/alpha tuso's and mosa's/alpha mosa's?

Ocean isn't bad. Plesi, Tuso, and Mosa all don't go past a certain height. I've tamed a bunch of Plesi and Mosa's just by staying at that height and hammering them with tranq arrows. 

Jellies are easily outswam. Really, the eels are the most annoying part because they are faster but they are soft so since they no longer stun lock you, fire a few arrows into them and they die fast.

Redwoods on the other hand. Thyla's, Microraptors, Purlovia's all dismount. Pego's steal. Troodons KO you. Scorpions KO you. Titanoboa's might be around to KO you. It's designed to leave you immobile letting packs of terror birds, Carno's, Hyena's, Sabers, a territorial direbear, Allo's, Rex, territorial kentro, murder you while you can't put up any defense. If it turns to night, just shut it down. You can't see a thing.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Ocean isn't bad. Plesi, Tuso, and Mosa all don't go past a certain height. I've tamed a bunch of Plesi and Mosa's just by staying at that height and hammering them with tranq arrows. 

Jellies are easily outswam. Really, the eels are the most annoying part because they are faster but they are soft so since they no longer stun lock you, fire a few arrows into them and they die fast.

Redwoods on the other hand. Thyla's, Microraptors, Purlovia's all dismount. Pego's steal. Troodons KO you. Scorpions KO you. Titanoboa's might be around to KO you. It's designed to leave you immobile letting packs of terror birds, Carno's, Hyena's, Sabers, a territorial direbear, Allo's, Rex, territorial kentro, murder you while you can't put up any defense. If it turns to night, just shut it down. You can't see a thing.

You forgot trodons.

21 hours ago, Frael said:

Ocean isn’t that scary, if you have a basilio. I haven’t ever gone to the DEEP ocean without one. I used my barry to tame a basilio and then I took the basilio caving. Killed my alpha mosa and alpha tusk with it no problem. 

Archived