Arrival Protocol

SunsetErosion

Hey,

I am a SOLO player and I am preparing myself for the Arrival Protocol mission on Genesis. I have tried a few good times in singleplayer and figured out I am not going to do it on official because, still, after almost a year, there are gamebreaking glitches. Some avatars or dinotars end up below the floor, letting my rexes chase enemies they cant reach. Also some of my rexes glitches half below the floor getting stuck and unable to chase avatars to kill them and drop keys. It feels to risky to let the result of the fight depend on the functioning of the game mechanics. I spend at least 2 weeks to gather eggs, hatch them and farm for metal go get them decent saddles.

Above that...

Server 650 I play on seems to just kick me out during server saves, about 50% of the time, for no clear reason. I play on an EU server and have low ping. Also there are never many players on so its a mystery to me why this has to happen.

Putting those factors together, I have like a 25% chance to put on a good show. Playing solo its a risk to take the mission and its hard to set the fight to your hand. So even if everything goes without bugs I tend to win about 75% of the time I take on the mission. Leaving my a chance of succes about a small 20% !!!

Please let me have a better shot at it by looking at why the server has to kick me and looking at those glitches.

I dont want to spend months raising new armies, to get a win on that mission !!!

as someone who regularly sells this alpha fight i can say i have never seen dinotars spawn below the map on official. i have had other glitches such as unmounted theri no tele out at end of mission. your biggest issue will be being kicked on server save. i would suggest taking theri instead of rexes with cakes though mate, they take giga bleeds like a champ.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:14 AM, Seruum said:

as someone who regularly sells this alpha fight i can say i have never seen dinotars spawn below the map on official. i have had other glitches such as unmounted theri no tele out at end of mission. your biggest issue will be being kicked on server save. i would suggest taking theri instead of rexes with cakes though mate, they take giga bleeds like a champ.

Thank for your reply, but do you know what will happen to my dinos if i get kicked during the mission?

7 hours ago, Seruum said:

you lose them all mate

Yep, I would have assumed that also... Such a damn shame they let it function like that. I dont doubt they can code in a script that protects you from being kicked during your reside inside boss-arenas. Even though it should be, but I guess that kind of stuff is also somewhat exploidable in many ways...

Weird though that your tames are back on the main map after being kicked on normal missions...

These disconnections happen on every official pc pve genesis server I tried, I did find one server where they didn't occur but the valentines updates added them to that server. It's not a problem with your Internet, or mine. It's the servers. 

This has got to be one of the biggest issues with genesis. I never get connection time outs on other servers I play on. Only genesis. Yet nobody is talking about it or complaining to get it fixed. With join notifications turned on I see the same names rejoining constantly so maybe these disconnections blend in with the normal disconnections some people seem to suffer from. 

I left the first genesis server I built a base on when I found the server I now play on didn't get disconnections but now they happen here I can only hope one day they fix it. 

I wouldn't even attempt to do the arrival protocol unless you wait until you get disconnected then go immediately since they usually happen every couple of hours. You have too much to lose if you get disconnected because of wildcards incompetence. 

Archived