Managarmr Taming Help

Fanta2223

I have never struggled more with a tame then I am right now. I have failed so many times on so many of these guys. I cannot get them trapped because they wont dive at me. Instead they just dive and then jump immediately after while using the freeze breath. Does anyone have any advice I am at a complete loss right now.

Can't say much about traps since I've never used them for Manas.

But I tamed a few basically just by face tanking them and shooting darts.

They go down fairly easily, all it takes is a decent armor like flak to take the hits, and dodge when you hear the breath cue.

It can take a while, because of the behavior you described, they keep jumping all over the place. But as long as you keep their agro, it shouldn't take too long.

The hardest part of taming a Mana is that they tend to agro on anything and die easily to things like packs of mammoths.

I always just follow them around and keep them alive while waiting for them to get stuck in midair. It sounds dumb but it's always worked, and as far as I can tell any mana that spawns will either die fighting or live long enough to get itself stuck.

Keep them aggroed to you by hitting them with tranqs as much as possible and kill anything in the area to avoid the mana taking too much damage. After enough jumps it'll get stuck in the air and then its as simple as pumping it full of tranqs then flying up on a wyvern/griffin/quetz anything you can stand on really and stuffing it full of food.

11 hours ago, carbonark said:

I always just follow them around and keep them alive while waiting for them to get stuck in midair. It sounds dumb but it's always worked, and as far as I can tell any mana that spawns will either die fighting or live long enough to get itself stuck.

Keep them aggroed to you by hitting them with tranqs as much as possible and kill anything in the area to avoid the mana taking too much damage. After enough jumps it'll get stuck in the air and then its as simple as pumping it full of tranqs then flying up on a wyvern/griffin/quetz anything you can stand on really and stuffing it full of food.

and then they float away... but using e.g. quetz should be able to cryo or saddle and mount to bring em back down.

21 hours ago, zero064 said:

If you can get close with a Snow Owl, freeze it and put some dino gates over it. If you get them placed just right (takes some practice if I remember right) you can tranq the thing at your leisure.

It's a pain and, as somebody else mentioned, they tend to run off and get themselves killed.

If you have two people and one is freezing it the other should be able to fill it full of darts no gates required.

3 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

If you have two people and one is freezing it the other should be able to fill it full of darts no gates required.

Yea, we never tried it that way but I'm sure it'd work. I'd wanna have a good crossbow and an owl with some points into stamina. Or if you can't do it in one freezing have one person on a Griffin and the other on an owl. One freezes while the other shoots. Repeat after it lands. Dunno if it'd work, but that's what I'd try.

12 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

and then they float away... but using e.g. quetz should be able to cryo or saddle and mount to bring em back down.

You can stand on their back once tamed and punch them back down as well, I figured that since I mentioned you needed something to fly up and stand on to feed them it was implied that you would get them down the same way

Archived