mod problem or virus?

BlackDragon111

why the mods i downloaded cause lag? I downloaded the awesome spyglass and immediately noticed a slight change in the fps after which I also downloaded the Creature Finder Deluxe and now the fps drop very often even when these mods are not active. I have no experience in game hacking / modding so I wonder if the written code is called as soon as the game is started, hiding the program and leaving it always active or if the code is called only when using an object in the game or by pressing a specific key such as happens for the mods I have installed. in case the code is called only through an in-game action I don't understand why my fps are constantly dropping because i never had this problem before installing these mods.
(game installed on 1TB SSD medium settings)

16 Gb Ram
i7 3770
Rx 580

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, BlackDragon111 said:

why the mods i downloaded cause lag? I downloaded the awesome spyglass and immediately noticed a slight change in the fps after which I also downloaded the Creature Finder Deluxe and now the fps drop very often even when these mods are not active. I have no experience in game hacking / modding so I wonder if the written code is called as soon as the game is started, hiding the program and leaving it always active or if the code is called only when using an object in the game or by pressing a specific key such as happens for the mods I have installed. in case the code is called only through an in-game action I don't understand why my fps are constantly dropping because i never had this problem before installing these mods.
(game installed on 1TB SSD medium settings)

16 Gb Ram
i7 3770
Rx 580

Mods are automatically loaded when you join a session that have them enabled and may perform tasks in the background regardless if you are using something they introduced. Try to disable them completely, then see if your issue is resolved. If it is, then enable them one by one until your issue is back and you will know which one is responsible for it.

Archived