Some Tek Teleporters not showing up on the teleport screen

RedOne

Hello all,

I am on The Island, PVE, Unofficial, Nitrado, PC.  I have 3 tek teleporters.  When I power one up and teleport, I often only see 1 teleporter on the screen.

It does not seem to matter whether they are on or not.  Sometimes they show up, and sometimes they don't.

If they show up, whether On or Off, I can teleport to them.

Is there any reason why I can't see both of them at once?

OK, the definitive answer for anyone who reads this (I think, sort of, maybe...)

Teleporters MAY need to be activated to show up in the list.  SOMETIMES they show up when off.

I am thinking now that all of the cases of them not showing up were OFF teleporters.

The reason I was confused was that they were consistently showing up when off...but not anymore.  It's about 50/50 right now.  Random server bug or glitch, I guess.

So.

Put a bed and a cabinet next to every teleporter.  When teleporting, insert a shard into the generator, turn it on and try.  If it works, you're done.

If the destination is not in the list, strip down and put everything you have in the cabinet.  Fast Travel on the bed to the remote site.  Spend a shard and turn the remote site on.  Teleport back, get your stuff, go out again.

It takes 2 shards instead of 1.  Fine.  Just kill an extra tek parasaur.

FYI I suspect that WC intended that both teleporters need to be ON.  Why the receiving TP can be OFF sometimes is just WC being WC.  I think that if you are the last person in a region, and you teleport out, the teleporter is considered 'on' while the region goes into stasis. So the teleporter never reports itself being 'off' and the server doesn't bother to check.  Lucky day for the next person to go out.

Archived