[PvE] Decay timer improvement

JackLeeger

Suggestion

Suggestion:

The decay timers of structures should get improved. I recommend this for PvE only. Adding a multiplier that scales with the time a structure exists, could be a huge improvement for players that like to build crative on official servers.

Example:

StructureDecayMultiplier = 1.0 (each 30 days a structure gains +1 day decay time)
Player place down a thatch structure and a metal structure:
Day 1:      Thatch 4:00:00 - Metal 16:00:00
Day 30:   Thatch 5:00:00 - Metal 17:00:00
Day 90:   Thatch 7:00:00 - Metal 19:00:00

After 1 Year: Thatch 16:00:00 - Metal 28:00:00

This Multiplier could also scale instead with:
Player playing time on the server
or
Tribe existing time on the server

Reason:

Creative builders like to use different materials. Thatch is a nice material for a roof but currently nearly unuseable due to its low decay timer of 4days. The decay timer improvement could fix that problem.

If you have collected all event skins, you like to show them by placing them on a taxidermy base. It will need 1 year to collect them all, but only 4days to make them vanish. Also this can be fixed by improved decay timers.

After one month of not playing nearly everything will be gone, no matter if you played for 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 years. Improved decay timer will reward player that have been loyal for a long time.

My reason:

I played ARK for many years. I played a lot on unofficials, but all of them closed after few years or month. I lost a lot of creative bases, whats left were the memories and some bad screenshots. So i started 1.5 years ago playing on an official PvE server. My base is still im progress. Sometimes i am busy in reallife and just login to refresh my base decay timer. A rollback after refreshing could cause some of my structures (taxidermy bases with all the event skins) to decay.
I have 8.391,6 hours of playing ARK and after all that time my only wish is to improve the decay timers.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived