Enforcement Visibility - What can we expect?

carbonark

Just starting off I don't know if this post is going to get locked right away or not, but since this topic was brought up in this weeks community crunch so I think it's fair to discuss it.

We all know by now that cheating is by far one of the biggest topics surrounding Ark, it generally doesn't get as much discussion here since most posts on the topic get locked/removed, but anyone playing Ark on officials has heard about or experienced issues with it. Several well known Ark content creators have had recent videos on the topic, and it's nice to finally hear something about the issues people have been raising from Wildcard. That being said I'll be waiting to see exactly what details they can give before I get my hopes up too much.

Currently once you submit your ticket you'll basically just get a response telling you that they'll look into the report. At that point all you can do is wait and see if anything noticeable happens. This IMO is one of the main reasons why people feel that reporting doesn't work. I understand that players can't necessarily be walked through every step in the process, but it would be great if players could be informed when the investigation ends to let them know if either; a) any action was taken, even if you can't give specifics b) no action was taken and if the player can do anything should they have additional problems. Such as supplying a better form of evidence, including video/screenshot proof etc.

As it stands, submitting a ticket while you deal with cheating players or even doing so after you lose everything to them only to hear nothing about it. Or worse yet have to deal with the same group after nothing seems to happen is a huge reason why people are fairly apathetic about action being taken on reports.

Aside from just improving transparency, would it be possible to also see in-game reporting features? The number of people using generic steam id's and character/tribe names or using unsupported characters instead make it more difficult to report cheaters, and force players to rely on 3rd party tools just to gather information to report a cheating player. Adding an in game feature to report a player you suspect of cheating that automatically records steam/epic id along with the character and tribe would make it much simpler to submit accurate tickets.

I'm really hoping this can be a big step forward in cleaning up officials, as it's sorely needed, but my experience so far hasn't left me too optimistic. What are your thoughts on this update? What do you need/want to see improve, do you expect things to significantly change?

17 hours ago, carbonark said:

Just starting off I don't know if this post is going to get locked right away or not, but since this topic was brought up in this weeks community crunch so I think it's fair to discuss it.

We all know by now that cheating is by far one of the biggest topics surrounding Ark, it generally doesn't get as much discussion here since most posts on the topic get locked/removed, but anyone playing Ark on officials has heard about or experienced issues with it. Several well known Ark content creators have had recent videos on the topic, and it's nice to finally hear something about the issues people have been raising from Wildcard. That being said I'll be waiting to see exactly what details they can give before I get my hopes up too much.

Currently once you submit your ticket you'll basically just get a response telling you that they'll look into the report. At that point all you can do is wait and see if anything noticeable happens. This IMO is one of the main reasons why people feel that reporting doesn't work. I understand that players can't necessarily be walked through every step in the process, but it would be great if players could be informed when the investigation ends to let them know if either; a) any action was taken, even if you can't give specifics b) no action was taken and if the player can do anything should they have additional problems. Such as supplying a better form of evidence, including video/screenshot proof etc.

As it stands, submitting a ticket while you deal with cheating players or even doing so after you lose everything to them only to hear nothing about it. Or worse yet have to deal with the same group after nothing seems to happen is a huge reason why people are fairly apathetic about action being taken on reports.

Aside from just improving transparency, would it be possible to also see in-game reporting features? The number of people using generic steam id's and character/tribe names or using unsupported characters instead make it more difficult to report cheaters, and force players to rely on 3rd party tools just to gather information to report a cheating player. Adding an in game feature to report a player you suspect of cheating that automatically records steam/epic id along with the character and tribe would make it much simpler to submit accurate tickets.

I'm really hoping this can be a big step forward in cleaning up officials, as it's sorely needed, but my experience so far hasn't left me too optimistic. What are your thoughts on this update? What do you need/want to see improve, do you expect things to significantly change?

Agreed on the more transparency on results.

Archived