Community Crunch 255: Behind the LiveOps Curtain and More!

StudioWildcard

like its going to be a big achievement character loss had been since launch of official servers and had been increasing since, server stability became worst with gen release. all together wildcard is doing a poor job.   By the time more fixes wilcome and Ark2 will be released and support on Ark1 will be dropped like on legacy.  Connect char to steam/char id of account so new chars will be in tribe or something. Since you can ban players you should be able to donthis also.

• Like 1

More stable = transfer issues, two day delay on event, people dying when they touch the border wall, and constant DCs on nearly all map.

Please tell us more @complexmindedabout how this game isn’t a steaming pile of diplo dung. I’m happy to say I’ve been Ark free for 8 days. That “little transfer issue” took my character, ate a new Dino mutation, and cost us 300 eggs that went poof in the upload process. What a freeing series of events. Arkless hasn’t been more refreshing. I hope you guys don’t screw Gen2 up too badly, but hey, Ark2, right?

• Like 1

You care about the losses due to instable transferring and deeply apologize? I lost everything I had worked to because I transferred, my giga breeding line, my manas, my velonsaurs. Worst thing is, it just kicked me out of my tribe, and being a solo tribe, I can't get back in, I sent a support ticket and it's been a week, and still, not even an automated response. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

So nice to see Wildcard still promoting videos from the very nice tribe Gang Gang and one of its member Fifi, which both got dev wiped/banned multiple times already for blatant cheating/exploiting/aimbotting. Oh well, and lets not talk about the tribe owner that also got multiple game bans already, had his tribe owner account just recently banned and is still playing on different accounts over and ober again. But hey, what do i know? Nice jump pad video.

I guess as long as a main community manager is still simping for one of the worst, if not THE worst cheater tribe on officials, i guess nothing will change on official network 🙂

soo hitting the border is a insta kill for players now? great ..... no more flying or swiming anymore ... that is just STUPID the number of times i have been in the ocean and bumped into and off the edge is uncountable let alone a save pause and or lag that sends u into one, or chasing another dino and it hits the edge itself and u are busy chomping its butt ... boom dead ... yeah thats gonna make LOADS of people happy ..... sloppy, very very sloppy.

• Like 1

Much better community crunch, information about what you are doing to tackle issues to help the players base is much more valuable than some of the content of recent crunches

The official network still needs a pretty big overhaul though. 

EU-PVE-Official-TheIsland78 Uptime 7 Days: 74%.

If you had a pizza delivered and 25% was missing I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be happy

Hopefully you'll work on this now as I'd love to read that you'd sorted this in a crunch in the near future

2 hours ago, Worrisomewizard89 said:

Bluescreening and getting kicked out of the game has gotten alot worse recently. There's places on maps that I bluescreen every time I pass through it. Sometimes I have to get a tame to safe a tame and then I blue screen again

Dude, if you are bluescreening, you need to check your PC..

Crash to desktop is a thing, disconnects, kicks, lag, rubberbanding, border death, hacks, mods, scripts, meshing, non-existent server staff, griefers, crashing, offlining, DDoS, the pathetic choice of using the most useless hosting company online, transfer loss, character loss, sh t just vanishing, these are things you can blame WC for.. blue screening however is likely and usually a client side error.

Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers, uninstall and reinstall the latests (don't just update), check hard drives for errors and do a completely fresh install of the game..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GP said:

Gen 2 original date was winter 2020 so the earliest window of release would have been December 2020, so no, it's not already a year. It was already delayed from Dec 2020 to Mar 2021.

The no news is not comforting certainly, but it's not going to be delayed to next year.

Hahahahahahahaha.  Deep breath annnddd hahahahahahahaha hahaha.  Right you believe that guy.

• Like 1

Bugs that I would like to get fixed soon in ps4

1- some creatures models are not displaying properly (pelagornis stuck on low texture ) 

2- game suddenly closing when increasing gama 

I would really like to get an answer to when will this stuff get fixed. Pela looks so bad i am not using it anymore

Edited by Abdulrahmangabr

22 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

At about the same time these improvements were released, an hard-coded multiplier of 1.5x was introduced and is now applied to TheMaxStructuresInRange setting meaning that players can now build 15,750 instead of 10,500 on officials which I have a feeling is completely negating these optimizations to some extent. Not sure if this was added for debugging and profiling or if this was a permanent decision, but is there any plan to revert that at some point? It sure make configuring an unofficial server confusing, as if we set the limit to 100 we expect it to be 100; not 150.

They certainly are, thanks for taking the time to elaborate more about that kind of stuff. Keep it coming, I always find it interesting to read!

I haven't actively played on officials for quite a while now, but I personally believe it is about time per-tribe limit gets reduced. With the introduction of Cryopods, tribes no longer need 500 tames and it could well be reduced to 2-300 in my opinion. Most tribes used to have hundreds of tames parked on display that they never use impacting everything from networking and save time for everyone. If players want to display their creatures then they can use taxidermy.

2 dinos? I get reduction to 300, but 2? Leave some space for mass breeders, tribe wars, and velonos...

19 hours ago, doverbeach said:

"Soon, we will be updating world barriers on all maps so that anything outside of a world border will be destroyed. Boom."

SMH. This is such an unelegant way to handle meshing detection from both a coding and a policy perspective. Just more of the same lazy, half-assed approach to yet another aspect of this game. Sure, destroy hours of progress to teach those horrible meshers a lesson. Who cares if the vast majority of players are literally doing everything they can to NOT get meshed, to no avail due to whatever happens to be broken on any given week. 🤦‍♂️

Not really. Nothing is supposed to be able to leave the border, or be outside it.

16 hours ago, Khiida said:

"World Borders: Soon, we will be updating world barriers on all maps so that anything outside of a world border will be destroyed."

hopefully you will make the borders really visible if you want to kill everything behind them. especially on scorched earth you usually see the borders after you have already flown against them.

??? Why do they need to be visible? They are borders, they will stop you going into kill zone

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, StudioWildcard said:
  • World Borders: Soon, we will be updating world barriers on all maps so that anything outside of a world border will be destroyed. Boom. This is live on The Island on PC and there were some edge-case issues with it being oversensitive but that’s now been fixed and we’ll be rolling out to other platforms soon.

7 hours ago, Duffmek said:

soo hitting the border is a insta kill for players now? great ..... no more flying or swiming anymore ... that is just STUPID the number of times i have been in the ocean and bumped into and off the edge is uncountable let alone a save pause and or lag that sends u into one, or chasing another dino and it hits the edge itself and u are busy chomping its butt ... boom dead ... yeah thats gonna make LOADS of people happy ..... sloppy, very very sloppy.

Nope, only if you are behind the barrier outside the map. They did say there were some bugs, but they also say they are fixxied.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Nope, only if you are behind the barrier outside the map. They did say there were some bugs, but they also say they are fixxied.

tbh im not really in a mood to test that theory ... at least not while actulay in the water for a purpose - might make a raft and test it but knowing ARK and its progressively poor fixes you will have to mind my sceptisim