Community Crunch 255: Behind the LiveOps Curtain and More!

StudioWildcard

X2 xp is completely useless to over 99% of players as we have already hit max levels, wc are complete morons and need to pull there head out of there own arses. And when doing events give us start/finish TIMES along with start/finish dates.and gmp's need to start actually doing something about tickets put in.as I've put a few tickets in about dupers and players griefing and nothing gets done,only to revive email saying"issues been resolved"when in thruth absolutely f all has been done about it.and as for gm Phoenix...dont even get me going on how utterly useless they are 

18 hours ago, Duffmek said:

tbh im not really in a mood to test that theory ... at least not while actulay in the water for a purpose - might make a raft and test it but knowing ARK and its progressively poor fixes you will have to mind my sceptisim 

Get a single player world and test. Wolnt lose anything.

16 hours ago, telausblade said:

So are y'all going to give an update on gen 2 at some point or wait till end of March to postpone it again?

The Gen chronicals are our updates... 

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, jmc08062016 said:

X2 xp is completely useless to over 99% of players as we have already hit max levels, wc are complete morons and need to pull there head out of there own arses. And when doing events give us start/finish TIMES along with start/finish dates.and gmp's need to start actually doing something about tickets put in.as I've put a few tickets in about dupers and players griefing and nothing gets done,only to revive email saying"issues been resolved"when in thruth absolutely f all has been done about it.and as for gm Phoenix...dont even get me going on how utterly useless they are 

Leveling up dinos?

• Facepalm 1

On 2/20/2021 at 9:55 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Not really. Nothing is supposed to be able to leave the border, or be outside it.

??? Why do they need to be visible? They are borders, they will stop you going into kill zone

Nothing is supposed to be able to leave the border, or be outside it...

...until something does, like something did, repeatedly while wc was diddling with the anti-mesh system during the event. And yes, I believe simply killing the character and destroying its inventory in lieu of any number of alternatives allowing for recovery really is unelegant, particularly considering the absence of any replacement policies.

Why do they need to be visible? They are borders, they will stop you going into kill zone...

...until they don't, like they didn't. Look, this has now become just one of many trust issues players have with this game. Someone expressing a desire for a useful indicator to help navigate an unreliable situation shouldn't really be met with such confusion.

• Thanks 2

Yet another crunch that touches on well.. Not much of importance..

Players losing tames, chars and even entire bases after an update corrupts their save files, server browser issues etc, not to mention the constant connection issues to what is probably the worst server hosting company on the planet's servers and network (And the only one available for Xbox/Playstation server owners), and what does WC do about it? Pretty much the same as Nitrado; Point their fingers in every other direction, but mostly at us, the players, telling us to use pointless, and useless so-called workarounds that hardly ever works but most notably never ever consistently. Well, that or you guys just keep quiet and never man up and respond to us..

Instead of focusing on applying temporary band-aids, focus on permanent fixes. That should be any game dev's priority, because with temporary band-aids, the issues will never go away.

There's an old saying; Don't bite the hand that feeds you, but you guys have almost eaten arms and legs at this point..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExcessEvil said:

Players losing tames, chars and even entire bases after an update corrupts their save files, server browser issues etc, not to mention the constant connection issues to what is probably the worst server hosting company on the planet's servers and network (And the only one available for Xbox/Playstation server owners), and what does WC do about it? Pretty much the same as Nitrado; Point their fingers in every other direction, but mostly at us, the players, telling us to use pointless, and useless so-called workarounds that hardly ever works but most notably never ever consistently. Well, that or you guys just keep quiet and never man up and respond to us..

The work around a might work sometimes, that’s why they suggest them, and plus, the game is coded in a way that these problems exists. Not like there is some ultimate fix, or anything to be addressed. They can’t mess with base game code like that and not have some weird random bugs, or like a full game wipe or something. There really isn’t anything to address but hopefully info about Gen 2, ark 2, and Animated series. I haven’t read ALL the crunches, cuz I don’t wanna read old news that isn’t very intresting anymore, but I’m guessing they probably have addressed char losses. Only thing to do is pray WC gets everything nice and clean in A2

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

The work around a might work sometimes, that’s why they suggest them, and plus, the game is coded in a way that these problems exists. Not like there is some ultimate fix, or anything to be addressed. They can’t mess with base game code like that and not have some weird random bugs, or like a full game wipe or something. There really isn’t anything to address but hopefully info about Gen 2, ark 2, and Animated series. I haven’t read ALL the crunches, cuz I don’t wanna read old news that isn’t very intresting anymore, but I’m guessing they probably have addressed char losses. Only thing to do is pray WC gets everything nice and clean in A2

The game isn't 'coded in a way that these problems exist'.. Good grief, what kind of rubbish statement is that? That means they intentionally added the bugs!

Are you seriously making excuses as to why we've got these issues in the game? Are you truly that daft? There are multiple reasons as to why we are plagued with bugs and other issues and it's not because of the way the game is coded, but i'll get to that a bit further down.

The so-called 'workarounds' were first figured out by PLAYERS not the developers themselves. These so-called 'workarounds' are like those type of band-aids that come off way too fast. There's a REASON a LOT of ARK players still consider this game to still be in a state of Early Access/Game Preview, and that's because of the bugs and other issues that have persisted since Early Access/Game Preview, and it makes one wonder why they bothered with Early Access/Game Preview in the first place, since that's the time during game development where they should fix said bugs and issues to make sure the game runs and behaves smoothly post-release.

The main fault (Two parties actually are at fault here, more on that further down) there lies with the QA team and their inability to do their jobs correctly. As a QA analyst and QA lead, they have a responsibility to make sure that the game is shipped with little to no bugs, especially game breaking bugs and other issues.

Point being, we shouldn't have to use workarounds for every single issue with the game, or any game for that matter, though ARK is probably the only game with so many bugs and issues post-release in the history of gaming, both when it comes to the internal code structure and networking issues. I mean they are using what is probably the worst server host on the planet. Just look at how freakishly slow the website is loading for the most part.. If the QA team had done their jobs correctly, and worked with the dev team and the testers aka Early Access players, the game wouldn't even have half the bugs and issues currently present.

As for the other part of who's fault it is, it's the shills, the white knights and brown nosers (Including some youtubers) who constantly keep yelling to the developers that they're doing nothing wrong and the game is super duper awesome with no bugs etc all the while, shutting down threads that contains negative criticism and feedback they don't like.

If these shills, white knights and brown nosers including the QA team doesn't get their heads out of their own rear-ends, ARK 2 is going to flop.

They've shown little to no transparency during it's life cycle except from during the early days of Early Access on Steam, and when something goes wrong (which it does on a daily basis, especially for Xbox server owners renting through Nitrado!), they point their fingers in any direction but their own (So does Nitrado). 

Heck, we're still waiting on the flyer speed leveling update for consoles, an update that has been out on PC since late 2020 now.

Trying to shill and tell us that there's nothing to fix or do about the game is ridiculous at best, when all the evidence present tells us otherwise.

I wonder how a stat sheet of how many tames, characters, bases that have been lost over the years due to bugs and issues post-launch would look like.. Add in all the connectivity issues related to private server on consoles rented from Nitrado with stats showing how often people get a timeout/connection to host lost message. It certainly wouldn't look good..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

That means they intentionally added the bugs!

Uhh no.

43 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

Are you seriously making excuses as to why we've got these issues in the game? Are you truly that daft?

1 reasons, and 2, probably

43 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

game is coded, but i'll get to that a bit further down.

I was specifically talking about Game crashes, Player loss, and thoes, not the normal bugs any game has.

45 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

The so-called 'workarounds' were first figured out by PLAYERS not the developers themselves.

This is commonly how workarounds are found(and exploits) that’s kinda what work around are. 

47 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

Point being, we shouldn't have to use workarounds for every single issue with the game, or any game for that matter,

You shouldn’t, but sometimes you have too.

49 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

I mean they are using what is probably the worst server host on the planet. Just look at how freakishly slow the website is loading for the most part..

🤣 hahahaha, Official servers...

*that description reminds me of these forms.

55 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

ARK 2 is going to flop.

I think the devs might be capable enough to make it less buggy tho... they are much more experienced this time.

57 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

They've shown little to no transparency during it's life cycle except from during the early days of Early Access on Steam

You mean telling users what contents coming? Seams like a thing most game companies do...

57 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

Heck, we're still waiting on the flyer speed leveling update for consoles, an update that has been out on PC since late 2020 now.

That’s a setting and the time capsule version....not anything too Offical

59 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

Trying to shill and tell us that there's nothing to fix or do about the game is ridiculous at best, when all the evidence present tells us otherwise.

Never said this

59 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

I wonder how a stat sheet of how many tames, characters, bases that have been lost over the years due to bugs and issues post-launch would look like.. Add in all the connectivity issues related to private server on consoles rented from Nitrado with stats showing how often people get a timeout/connection to host lost message. It certainly wouldn't look good..

A lot.

1 hour ago, ExcessEvil said:

it's the shills, the white knights and brown nosers (Including some youtubers)

...I don’t think they are at fault, I mean, it dosent seam WC listens to the form suggestions and stuff.

2 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I think the devs might be capable enough to make it less buggy tho... they are much more experienced this time.

I am in full agreement with this. they are using a newer engine for starters AND they have better skills, they can figure out what things in the game will be problems later on.

4 hours ago, Deinonycuz said:

I am in full agreement with this. they are using a newer engine for starters AND they have better skills, they can figure out what things in the game will be problems later on.

This does not automatically mean the game will be better and less buggy. Newer engines bring different problems. Sadly a lot of newer installments of games are even more buggy than the previous ones and there are a lot of examples. 

9 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I was specifically talking about Game crashes, Player loss, and thoes, not the normal bugs any game has.

See, this game doesn't have any 'normal' bugs other games may have. It suffers from lots of game breaking bugs, which is not acceptable no matter how you try and twist and turn it around in their favor.

Uhh no.

Yes! By your own words

11 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

the game is coded in a way that these problems exists.

You can't explain away that sentence right there, bruh. You just can't..

10 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

Never said this

11 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Not like there is some ultimate fix, or anything to be addressed.

Again, your words..

ARK 2 is going to flop.

Experience doesn't mean much when we look at how they've treated their first game, especially when it comes to unofficial servers for the consoles and the fact that save files tend to get corrupted every single major update. If anything, they should've learned from Early Access.

it's the shills, the white knights and brown nosers (Including some youtubers)

...I don’t think they are at fault, I mean, it dosent seam WC listens to the form suggestions and stuff.

But you see, they are. Both are. The shills and the developers for listening to them, and trust me, they do listen to the content creators and Nitrado partnered streamers..

Do i hope they get it right with ARK 2? Of course, but after seeing how poorly they've managed their first ARK title, i have my doubts, because it all falls down to how good their QA team is and who they choose to listen to. People with actual bug reports or the shills who claim that there's nothing wrong with the game and try to shut down every bit of criticism and negative feedback.

2 hours ago, Magmasaur103 said:

ok, so just a quick question to all those who read this: which map should I get?
1. Aberration

2. Extinction

3. Genesis pt.1

4. Genesis pt.2

just quote me and choose. I wanna go for aberration, but also wanna try the other maps. knowing my luck, I'm sticking to buying one map. which one?

You can’t buy just 1 Gen dlc. And pt. 2 isn’t available for another month. I would suggest is wait for a sale and buy abb and ext. then wait for a sale after Gen 2 releses when the DLCs are less then 20$...

3 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

You can’t buy just 1 Gen dlc. And pt. 2 isn’t available for another month. I would suggest is wait for a sale and buy abb and ext. then wait for a sale after Gen 2 releses when the DLCs are less then 20$...

okie dokie.

1 minute ago, Magmasaur103 said:

ok, so aberration first?

my bad. had to quote these in here, since idk how to do so in edit.

On 2/20/2021 at 4:36 AM, arkark said:

Its good to see you are working on improving stability of the game but please dont forget whats going on on most (afaik) genesis and extinction official pve servers where long save time makes game clients disconnect due to timeout and then server does not allow to reconnect fast because "there is already someone connected with that account".

This makes the area where the player was not entering stasis immediately, and if player was doing veins/osd/missions this much likely means player killed, dinos killed, broken gear... rendering this maps to non playable status.

Also the Crystall Islands servers on pve have the same problem and when the server crashes it takes about an hour to restart.