ARK Digest Questions!

Jatheish

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough talk about new stuff, let's talk about something already in the game ;)

Rare Mushrooms in particular, in their description it states "You feel lightheaded after just touching this. Ingesting it would be dangerous." However, as many people have noticed, after eating one nothing happens, or at least.. nothing noticeable.

So the question is, do you plan on adding a dangerous effect to these mushrooms, or is there already one that we have easily missed that you'd like to reveal?

I love this game and have put many hours into so far. I feel taming time / kibble progression could use some adjustments. For example yesterday I had collected enough dodo eggs to tame a 150 pteranodon (Xbox Official The Center Map) so I collected my supplies and went out to find a level 120-150. I found a 140 and started the process. I cleared the area of any dinos that would cause a problem dropped the kibble and narcotics on my unconscious pteranodon and... did the dishes, thats right. 1 hour and 35 mins of checking the torpor every 15 mins doing nothing but standing still in the game. To fix this issue there are a few solutions.

1) Reduce the taming time (less time sitting around doing nothing)

2) Reduce the frequency of narcotics spamming. (The ankylosaurus for example is like this. It allows us to secure it with spike walls and leave it to do other things, maybe another tame)

3) Add a higher tier food or an item that increases the rate in which food is consumed. (it can be rare or expensive to offset the power of it).

The taming time for a 150 Quetzal with kibble is 5 hours 53 mins, with setup time / tranquilizing time your looking at a full days work if you want to see it through. I like tames to be challenging so they fell earned but time is not a challenge its a limiting factor that creates very boring lulls. 

Kibble progression has a few strange progressions Carno -> Trike, Quetzal -> Dimetrodon. Trike -> Carno would make more sense. Quetzal eggs are used for Gigantosaurus, and Mosasaurus adding Dimetrodon into this category doesn't seem right.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

1/ Can you turn the map ( M button ) into some sort of notebook that included map page inside of it ( press " right " to turn to another page " ) .

I am quite a forgetful person and sometime forgot the kibble recipe , it is quite annoying that i have to open the wiki website to look for it .

Also add the feeling of being a survivor , you live your life on a dangerous island , write down your experience , perhaps you will follow the path of those infamous survivors before you .

2/ We have poisonous dino , we have poisonous cave , can we have poisonous plants too ? :P

• 5 weeks later...

Archived