PS4 Primitive Plus Configurations

Hello all, Im new to this ark server configs and i run a gportal ps4 server and have started to learn how to mod it and have gotten things like the level cap at 250 and custom crafting overwrites, however i cannot get engram overwrites to work....

For example I wanted to add the simpleshotgun to craft so i tried this :

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_PrimitivePistol_C",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramLevelRequirement=35,RemoveEngramPreReq=True)
OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_SimpleShotgun_C",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramLevelRequirement=45,RemoveEngramPreReq=True)

and it does not show up. I have it set to 0 points as the server is set to unlock all engrams at level up. So i tried to change the cannon so you get it later than the basic bullets

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Cannon_C",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=25,EngramLevelRequirement=120,RemoveEngramPreReq=True)
OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_CannonBall_C",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=5,EngramLevelRequirement=120,RemoveEngramPreReq=True)

This also had no Effect. I know the code semi work the Simple shotgun and Cannon's resources cost to make have changed but this has not.

so i tried this : 

OverrideEngramEntries=(EngramIndex="243",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramLevelRequirement=300,RemoveEngramPreReq=True)
OverrideEngramEntries=(EngramIndex="244",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=0,EngramLevelRequirement=45,RemoveEngramPreReq=True)

for the simple shotgun, then a combination for both for the simple shotgun, and they do not appear unless I use the gfi command.

still uses the updated crafting costs using hide, iron, wood, and cementing paste flawlessly

ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts=(ItemClassString="PrimalItem_WeaponShotgun_C",BaseCraftingResourceRequirements=((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_MetalIngot_C",BaseResourceRequirement=10.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Wood_C",BaseResourceRequirement=10.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Hide_C",BaseResourceRequirement=5.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste_C",BaseResourceRequirement=10.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)))

any help in figuring out how i can get the OverrideEngramEntries code to work would be greatly helpful and thank you for your time.

t

if anyone was following this topic, i figured it out. I was putting new codes at the bottom, but they must be grouped together like this :

OverrideEngramEntries=(EngramIndex=243, EngramHidden=false, EngramPointsCost=50, EngramLevelRequirement=50, RemoveEngramPreReq=true)OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_WeaponShotgun_C",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=50,EngramLevelRequirement=50,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

OverrideEngramEntries=(EngramIndex=244, EngramHidden=false, EngramPointsCost=15, EngramLevelRequirement=50, RemoveEngramPreReq=true)
OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_SimpleShotgunBullet_C",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=15,EngramLevelRequirement=50,RemoveEngramPreReq=true)

and

OverrideEngramEntries=(EngramIndex=256, EngramHidden=false, EngramPointsCost=150, EngramLevelRequirement=120, RemoveEngramPreReq=true)OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_PrimalItemStructure_Cannon_C",EngramHidden=False,EngramPointsCost=150,EngramLevelRequirement=120,RemoveEngramPreReq=true)

when coded like this in the game.ini they work and appear at the correct level on primitive plus servers on ps4 via gportal or i guess any other configurable server to make the shotgun craftable. however... it takes alot to make...

ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts=(ItemClassString="PrimalItem_WeaponShotgun_C",BaseCraftingResourceRequirements=((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Wood_C",BaseResourceRequirement=10.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Leather_C",BaseResourceRequirement=5.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Metal_C",BaseResourceRequirement=5.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_MetalIngot_C",BaseResourceRequirement=2.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Oil_C",BaseResourceRequirement=5.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste_C",BaseResourceRequirement=20.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItem_PrimitivePistol_C",BaseResourceRequirement=2.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)))

as you can see it takes two flintlock pistols and some extra resources to craft, as i like how primitive plus expands the crafting, to even shotgun shells are not easy to make..

ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemAmmo_SimpleShotgunBullet_C",BaseCraftingResourceRequirements=((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Metal_C",BaseResourceRequirement=10.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Polymer_Organic_C",BaseResourceRequirement=5.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Gunpowder_C",BaseResourceRequirement=10.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Sparkpowder_C",BaseResourceRequirement=5.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_MetalIngot_C",BaseResourceRequirement=1.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Thatch_C",BaseResourceRequirement=5.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)))

with this code, a shotgun shell uses organic polymer for the red shell casing, metal for the pellets / primer casing as well as a metal ingot and the sparkpower to act as the primer strike point where the hammer hits. the thatch it the "wad" that stop the shot / powder from falling loosly out the shell. i dont use simple bullets for the shells as for a flintlock pistol / rifle they are large caliber and would not work in a shotgun shell and the metal acts a pellet fragments instead.

and both are craftable at the smithy at level 50 if you unlocked the engram.

oh, and a final tidbit... Server must be in offline mode while working with Engram Overrides, and once changed and saved, them turned on for changes to take effect, cannot be done with the server running and restart!

New items that dont appear in the smithy or what no, require the old smithy be picked up or demolished and a new one placed down for the blueprints to update.

I know that after along google search a person can find all this information themselves, i's just trying to make it a wee bit easier to find in one spot, and not hours on google and forums to find a potential possible solution.

Archived