What's gonna be worse. ARK or ARK2

SubliminalZ28

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, so his is technically closer to correct, the repeating behavior being thinking WC will fix the bugs.

Insanity is the state of being seriously mentally ill.

A lot of other things can fit loose use of this term. For example: believing everything video-game characters say or complaining about "inappropriate" smiley usage while doing it yourself.

21 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Insanity is the state of being seriously mentally ill.

A lot of other things can fit loose use of this term. For example: believing everything video-game characters say or complaining about "inappropriate" smiley usage while doing it yourself.

what are you talking about what the hell is smiley usage (generally confused and curious not lashing out btw)

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, thedrongoofark said:

what are you talking about what the hell is smiley usage (generally confused and curious not lashing out btw)

He's trying to mock his unfounded claim that people have complained in this topic about the emoji reactions received whilst using them themselves in this topic.

But no-one has complained about receiving emoji reactions.

ignore it, it's pointless talk.

1 hour ago, thedrongoofark said:

GP is correct, I'm talking about cough cough some posters writing this

On 2/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, GP said:

I don't give a crap if i'm being overly optimistic in a pessimistic environment. 🖕

and then this

17 hours ago, GP said:

What I see from this sea of pessimism is that all the pessimists do is facepalm the optimists' posts.

But I don't see the optimists facepalming the pessimists.

It's like one side thinks they are right and the other is wrong.

Which is a bit hypocritical. At least for me, giving someone a finger is more rude than facepalming their post. But more importantly it's just wrong. Explanation is simple: mods read a ton of posts every day and can't remember it all. But I can help with this. 

proof.thumb.jpg.2f0af6fc2e45acb29cdd887cafea6e0a.jpg

Huh, it's like both sides are facepalming each other. Who would have thought...

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Nice try, but I was referring to the pessimists facepalming in this topic that we are engaged in, a topic in which i've not facepalmed anyone.

Let's cease the off topic now here, and lets get back to the topic of whether Ark 1 is going to be worse or better than Ark 2. Thanks.

5 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

GP is correct, I'm talking about cough cough some posters writing this

and then this

Which is a bit hypocritical. At least for me, giving someone a finger is more rude than facepalming their post. But more importantly it's just wrong. Explanation is simple: mods read a ton of posts every day and can't remember it all. But I can help with this. 

proof.thumb.jpg.2f0af6fc2e45acb29cdd887cafea6e0a.jpg

I think these posts are facepalmed cuz people disagre with them, and think their point is stupid. 

1. This is fairly debatable, Darkholis’s map logo  is really epic, ngl, and ark 2s uses a diffrent style and look. I personally think they are both epic, but idk which i think is better. Ofc, some people do know, and then disagree, as people be.

2. No one will trust you anymore is such a absurd statement. No matter what WC did, with such a large fan base, someone would still trust them, and, plus, as I said earlier, they are a much larger, much more experienced team, with a longer timeline!

3. This person appears to assume the only thing anyone cares about is video games/gameplay, and no one at all should be exited for a TV show, and there are quite a lot of people who care about tv shows.

4. WC didn’t fail with either, both are really popular games, and in my opinion, very fun. I mean, look at recent DLCs, were these “Fails”? I mean sure they had bugs, but, most have been patched. I think from a fresh start, WC can do a good job.

5.  This last person appears to just be trying to start a mob, and instigate.

every point where there’s a facepalm, there seams to be a very reasonable train of thought to see why people would facepalm it.

4 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I like A2s models much more, especially player and dino models so far... I hope they have more realistic scaling tho...be cool to have an actual strong looking arm rather then unrealistic block of flesh.

thats good and all BUT that was NOT in game footage it was a cinematic using ingame assets both of which are the same but hugely different - in game footage needs a UI / lack of perspective / 3rd person view and everything else we see in game NOW.

YES the team is bigger etc but their current moral with players that are bugged is pretty low, tickets take ages EVEN before covid, the responses can be utterly teribly to outright 'did u even read it?' but the ones that get good responses / outcomes are swamped under the flood of other common / DILO just happened bugs so are hardly appreciated.

Sheesh rambling ... ermm untill it comes out i reserve any jugdment bar 1 - it HAS to be better that ark 1 otherwise it will fail.

I sincerely hope Ark 2 is better than Ark. But I think most people are missing the point. Ark is used as a industry wide example of lagging servers and game breaking fixes. (I'm fairly sure one company used it in a customer satisfaction survey.)

But the fact is in spite of all the pain you go through, all the times people have been robbed by poor design, the brain numbing lag spikes and even lack of administration support. We keep coming back for more, we buy the dlc and we populate this very forum with our stories.

The fact is Ark 1 is life and it isn't perfect. But Ark 2 could be awesome.

Archived