What's gonna be worse. ARK or ARK2

SubliminalZ28

On 2/17/2021 at 8:56 AM, Azmeaiel said:

well, you call us pessimistic but after a few years of 'Learning' we saw what became of the Atlas launch, and genesis with its still uncompletable missions after a year of being released, nothing has been done to fix these issues, or the broken tames there , or any other problem the community has in a very very long time. Show us a way to legitimatly complete the multiple alpha level missions that still only have 1-2 exploiters that have completing them in a legitimate way so we can finish this paid content and we may be more optimistic.

I can totally agree with this. Alpha bosses are extremely hard for solo even duos, but they can be done. But the fact that some alpha missions on genesis are impossible without a required number of players is absolutely insane and terrible design.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GP said:

Yes yes yes we all know Wildcard are bad, we get it. But starting on a brand new game new engine will give them the opportunity to start on a new slate.

I don't give a crap if i'm being overly optimistic in a pessimistic environment. 🖕

Insanity is also experiencing the same six years of witnessing the same issues and still hanging around playing and complaining about the same issues and demanding they are fixed. You are the creators of your own pessimism.

It's not pessimism, it's cynicism.  I didn't create it, Wildcards history of letting people down created it.

I am very optimistic about the future, another game will come along and I will ditch Ark the same as I gave up a stack of other titles in the past. But it won't be Ark 2.

I am very cynical about Wildcards ability to operate on anything other than a scale of well funded amateurism. 

I'd love them to prove me wrong, but, really I have no trust in them being able to,  new engine, clean slate, it won't matter if the company's attitude and culture doesn't change 

1 hour ago, Ganelon said:

I encourage anyone who feels they are in a toxic relationship to leave that relationship and prioritize their own care.

Life is too short.

8 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This.

I encourage anyone who is constantly impacted by bugs, performance and the attitude Wildcard demonstrates towards its player base, to voice their frustrations the best they can, by using forums or other venues, *especially* if you do love Ark [1] and want to see it in a good place in the future.

I certainly do *not* encourage the "shrugging" and "it's just Ark" attitude, that only results on Wildcard not caring about investing in quality and stability in the future.

This is true for Ark, as it is for any other game/company. Getting complacent is what results in poorly developed products.

[1] People who don't really care much about Ark usually don't bother much, the ones that *do care* and love the game are the ones that are usually louder in voicing their frustrations.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

People who don't really care much about Ark usually don't bother much, the ones that *do care* and love the game are the ones that are usually louder in voicing their frustrations.

A tiny, tiny... tiny fraction of the player base are members of this forum. Most just play the game.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:25 AM, SubliminalZ28 said:

Since the original ark still has all of the existing bluescree,n meshing and all the glitches that the devs still refuse to admit are broken I wonder what's in store for Ark2. I imagine the same bluescreen deja vu, the same meshing and falling through the map and or to too it all off. Losing a character because you transferred to another map. Thus rendering all your hard work completely wasted and submitting a ticket gets you a 2 to 3 week wait time in which you recieve some dumpy version of dino you used to have and or a pile of junk to replace your ascendant gear.

To the devs and owners of ark, I really love the game, just so sad its still not playable after all these years

Let’s put it this way. Ark 1 was made by 15ish people who hadn’t worked with coding very much yet,( and was made in 2 years?). Ark 2 is being made by over 40 Expert Devs, working for 4 years before release. I mean they still haven’t learned to use real people moving for their player anims, but, still. IF they recode/remake the game, which I think they are, it will have less bugs, less lag, and be more fun and realistic. Just look at what the trailer shows us. Much more realistic high quality models, better (dino) animation, and an awesome style and look. It will also undoubtedly have a immersive interesting story just like the first game

On 2/17/2021 at 1:25 AM, SubliminalZ28 said:

the original ark still has all of the existing bluescree,n meshing and all the glitches that the devs still refuse to admit are broken

But they do admit it, and impliment patches with which they try and fix the game, not that every patch always works but often times it sort of does.

On 2/17/2021 at 5:19 AM, Wesmanee said:

From what I've heard a lot of the issues ark has is due to the fact snail gaming owns ark and won't provide funding to fix these problems. Apparently wildcard will have the license to ark for ark 2 which gives them free range of the game. As for the blue screen a better pc will solve this problem. After I built my pc 2 years ago I haven't experienced a crash or blue screen since. 

I find old computers/console and less powerful devices, often have more instability and crashing.

• Volunteer Moderator

What I see from this sea of pessimism is that all the pessimists do is facepalm the optimists' posts.

But I don't see the optimists facepalming the pessimists.

It's like one side thinks they are right and the other is wrong.

At the end of the day no-one knows whether Ark 2 will be better, but there is an extremely highly likely chance it won't be worse, and a very high chance it won't be the same.

I certainly don't go round a games forum saying Ark 2 will be just as bad they aren't getting another penny out of me.... I'd much rather move on and be happier.

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I encourage anyone who is constantly impacted by bugs, performance and the attitude Wildcard demonstrates towards its player base, to voice their frustrations the best they can, by using forums or other venues, *especially* if you do love Ark [1] and want to see it in a good place in the future.

I certainly do *not* encourage the "shrugging" and "it's just Ark" attitude, that only results on Wildcard not caring about investing in quality and stability in the future.

This is true for Ark, as it is for any other game/company. Getting complacent is what results in poorly developed products.

[1] People who don't really care much about Ark usually don't bother much, the ones that *do care* and love the game are the ones that are usually louder in voicing their frustrations.

Do what you want. I don't put much stock in voicing emotion. Not that anyone should "care", but I don't "care" what someone else "cares" about if it isn't something I "care" about, which is "Am I having Fun?". 

36 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

Do what you want. I don't put much stock in voicing emotion. Not that anyone should "care", but I don't "care" what someone else "cares" about if it isn't something I "care" about, which is "Am I having Fun?". 

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am having a lot more fun with the recent additions, changes, DLCs, and TLCs wildcard has provided, sure there’s always bugs, but.. that’s a given, given enough time with almost any game with more then 100 assess or 600 lines of code, you can find a bug.

1 hour ago, GP said:

What I see from this sea of pessimism is that all the pessimists do is facepalm the optimists' posts.

But I don't see the optimists facepalming the pessimists.

It's like one side thinks they are right and the other is wrong.

At the end of the day no-one knows whether Ark 2 will be better, but there is an extremely highly likely chance it won't be worse, and a very high chance it won't be the same.

I certainly don't go round a games forum saying Ark 2 will be just as bad they aren't getting another penny out of me.... I'd much rather move on and be happier.

Me buying ark and 3 dlcs for 22$ while it’s on sale, and having no money problems after. Because 22$ really isn’t much.

2 hours ago, GP said:

And I don't go around giving other forum members the finger.  If you don't like other people having an opinion then maybe you should move on

14 hours ago, GP said:

Insanity is also experiencing the same six years of witnessing the same issues and still hanging around

That's not insanity, that's addiction. Ark specifically designed to stimulate its development in players. I'm not singling out WC on this one, a lot of companies are doing it. Exploiting flaws of human behavior is how you keep players punching trees for 6 years.

If someone complains, but keeps playing, it should not invalidate their opinion. it was discussed a lot. Thing is, the more you play, the more issues you will encounter. So players who play a lot are also suffering from way more bugs and glitches than those who leave before reaching wood tier. How they react to that is a different matter. Some can shrug every incident of getting arked off, others can't.

Building project from scratch will help for sure. My concern is that people who make big decisions will stay the same and in this case it's fair to assume their practices will remain also. Rushing releases, pushing unfinished stuff and switching attention to new shiny gimmicks instead of polishing core game. You know the drill.

So eventually ark1 style of piling new features on top of dirty hacks instead of properly fixing things might catch up and infest ark2 also.

12 minutes ago, thedrongoofark said:

I think they're talking about you my dude (btw I didn't read it as salty I just presume they did)

Oh, HAHA LOL! nah, I wasn’t upset or “wounded” or something like that, I was just asking why he facepalmed because I didn’t see why he would of, I wasn’t sure what was disagreeable and if they responded we could have continued to convo.

4 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

That's not insanity, that's addiction. Ark specifically designed to stimulate its development in players. I'm not singling out WC on this one, a lot of companies are doing it. Exploiting flaws of human behavior is how you keep players punching trees for 6 years.

If someone complains, but keeps playing, it should not invalidate their opinion. it was discussed a lot. Thing is, the more you play, the more issues you will encounter. So players who play a lot are also suffering from way more bugs and glitches than those who leave before reaching wood tier. How they react to that is a different matter. Some can shrug every incident of getting arked off, others can't.

Building project from scratch will help for sure. My concern is that people who make big decisions will stay the same and in this case it's fair to assume their practices will remain also. Rushing releases, pushing unfinished stuff and switching attention to new shiny gimmicks instead of polishing core game. You know the drill.

So eventually ark1 style of piling new features on top of dirty hacks instead of properly fixing things might catch up and infest ark2 also.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, so his is technically closer to correct, the repeating behavior being thinking WC will fix the bugs.

Archived