What's gonna be worse. ARK or ARK2

SubliminalZ28

Since the original ark still has all of the existing bluescree,n meshing and all the glitches that the devs still refuse to admit are broken I wonder what's in store for Ark2. I imagine the same bluescreen deja vu, the same meshing and falling through the map and or to too it all off. Losing a character because you transferred to another map. Thus rendering all your hard work completely wasted and submitting a ticket gets you a 2 to 3 week wait time in which you recieve some dumpy version of dino you used to have and or a pile of junk to replace your ascendant gear.

To the devs and owners of ark, I really love the game, just so sad its still not playable after all these years

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard a lot of the issues ark has is due to the fact snail gaming owns ark and won't provide funding to fix these problems. Apparently wildcard will have the license to ark for ark 2 which gives them free range of the game. As for the blue screen a better pc will solve this problem. After I built my pc 2 years ago I haven't experienced a crash or blue screen since. 

well, you call us pessimistic but after a few years of 'Learning' we saw what became of the Atlas launch, and genesis with its still uncompletable missions after a year of being released, nothing has been done to fix these issues, or the broken tames there , or any other problem the community has in a very very long time. Show us a way to legitimatly complete the multiple alpha level missions that still only have 1-2 exploiters that have completing them in a legitimate way so we can finish this paid content and we may be more optimistic.

1 hour ago, GP said:

They are building it from scratch on a brand new engine that will be upgraded to UE5. If you think the Devs are just going to rebuild the same issues Ark experienced without learning anything over the past 6 years, then, well, that explains your pessimism.

Well given that they haven't learned not to release unfinished untested content for over 6 years, I think a bit of pessimism isn't too unwise. I sure won't and won't recommend anyone to buy anything, including Genesis, in early access or pre-order.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Azmeaiel said:

well, you call us pessimistic but after a few years of 'Learning' we saw what became of the Atlas launch, and genesis with its still uncompletable missions after a year of being released, nothing has been done to fix these issues, or the broken tames there , or any other problem the community has in a very very long time. Show us a way to legitimatly complete the multiple alpha level missions that still only have 1-2 exploiters that have completing them in a legitimate way so we can finish this paid content and we may be more optimistic.

Well Atlas was pretty much a clone built on the same engine, what did you expect?

As I say Ark 2 will be built on a newer version of Unreal as a non-heavy modified version that will be upgraded to UE5. This itself makes a huge difference and can't be compared to Ark and a clone of Ark.

7 hours ago, GP said:

They are building it from scratch on a brand new engine that will be upgraded to UE5. If you think the Devs are just going to rebuild the same issues Ark experienced without learning anything over the past 6 years, then, well, that explains your pessimism.

When so many past screw ups spanning many years exist (including the botched event launch just 6 days ago), pessimism becomes realism. 

I hope the next time I look into the mirror I have a six pack eventhough for years it has not happened.  Could this be my own fault because I have not dedicated myself to working out? Or maybe I just need a new mirror? 

4 hours ago, GP said:

Well Atlas was pretty much a clone built on the same engine, what did you expect?

As I say Ark 2 will be built on a newer version of Unreal as a non-heavy modified version that will be upgraded to UE5. This itself makes a huge difference and can't be compared to Ark and a clone of Ark.

This is why a lot of people have little faith . There are many issues left unfixed for years on an engine the devs are very familiar with. We are also seeing unfinished launches like atlas and genesis where the star attraction dinos were incomplete in their tame methods for months, and most still buggy beyond use. Take for example megachelon where fish still spawn inside and insta kill them while taming, ferox falling through the world, meshing, self duping , never keeping stats on transformation, and bloodstalkers and astrocetus never being able to achieve full taming effectiveness. Pair this with alpha quests STILL being unachieveable, and the proof is in the 1-2 players achieving the mission goals on 99% of servers in over a year and we dont see much care for customers or effort put in to remedy problems.

4 hours ago, GP said:

Agreed, but let's keep in mind that even thou it is a different game on a different engine, the company is still the same.

Ark 2 will hopefully not have the structural issues that Ark 1 has, but this is still Wildcard. The same company. That has not changed AFAIK.

When a company is very clear on their stance, how they handle issues, and how they (don't) respond to their player base when it comes to fixing problems, one can and should expect this to be reflected in Ark 2 as well.

Ark 2 may not be released with the problems Ark 1 has, but likely will release with its own issues, which will no doubt be handled the same way they have been handling Ark 1.

The expectation that a bad plumber will do a better job because they now have better pipes, is a bit naïve IMHO.

12 hours ago, GP said:

Six years of witnessing the same pattern of behavior and expecting a different outcome is insanity.

14 hours ago, GP said:

The engine makes no difference.

Wildcard are clearly too disorganised to make a change to the way they operate to deal with their obvious weaknesses. They have become complacent that people will just accept them half assing everything,  poor support and communication are driven by attitude not the engine the game was built on 

New people arrive at Wildcard and post all over the forums about how active they are going to be to help the community but slowly over time they post less till they too are gone submerged in the black hole of Wildcard silence    

They have our money and only care about how to get more of it. If you want them to become better, vote with your wallet and don't give them any more of your money till they show they can deliver

• Volunteer Moderator

Yes yes yes we all know Wildcard are bad, we get it. But starting on a brand new game new engine will give them the opportunity to start on a new slate.

I don't give a crap if i'm being overly optimistic in a pessimistic environment. 🖕

Insanity is also experiencing the same six years of witnessing the same issues and still hanging around playing and complaining about the same issues and demanding they are fixed. You are the creators of your own pessimism.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes yes yes we all know Wildcard are bad, we get it. But starting on a brand new game new engine will give them the opportunity to start on a new slate.

I don't give a crap if i'm being overly optimistic in a pessimistic environment. 🖕

Insanity is also experiencing the same six years of witnessing the same issues and still hanging around playing and complaining about the same issues and demanding they are fixed. You are the creators of your own pessimism.

I find your disdain for a player base with valid grievances disturbing. Stay classy.

29 minutes ago, GP said:

🖕

woah someone brought out the big guns haven't actually seen arguments erupt into aggressive emotes before, especially from the moderators. can moderators get moderated for things like this?

If not then 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕 mwahahaha I'm so evil (not meant for anyone just for fun)

and also of course ark 1 is going to be worse than 2 there's just no hope for redemption with all the glitches as everyone has so violently put, even though I don't like the premise of Ark 2 too much and I love playing ark (even with glitches) generally I'm assuming it's going to be a massive upgrade, obviously there will be glitches and lag, but a new engine combined with just a whole new start over I agree with GP I am optimistic that it will be a decent game. Also, my theories is it's going to be one of those next gen games like CyberPunk 2077 so obviously unless you have like a series X xbox you're screwed in terms of glitchhhhhhhh

Also my dudes let's chill. If what Wesmanee said was true then we're getting angry at the wrong people, or at least for most of it we are. everyone should have an opinion without getting completely punted out of the conversation. Let us defy the stereotype and be nice for once in convos like this

7 hours ago, doverbeach said:

Six years of witnessing the same pattern of behavior and expecting a different outcome is insanity.

I mean true but also they will be able to change their pattern because of a new engine and they have control over it with enough funds n stuff. I mean I may be wrong but I think it can change we just haven't seen it because of the game, the engine and the owner

20 hours ago, GP said:

The vast majority of problems on official are related to enforcement of rules and customer service. The cheating is so bad now that duping/bugs are the least of the problems. You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

It's truly amazing so many have no idea how bad official actually is......I miss when I didn't know. The cheating is vast, complex, and completely unchecked.

Almost none of it has to do with the engine, but with one of the worst, if not the worst in game rule enforcement/reporting cheating/customer service of any game this scale. Aimbot, ESP, Haxbot, Duping (STILL), Meshing (STILL), endless teaming on small tribes, all day sales for everything & anything (including team wiping servers) with real $ through 3rd party sites.

All of this circles back to no enforcement and negligence on WC part. The majority of current Ark players will wait a few months and watch the disaster launch of "Ark 2"

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, thedrongoofark said:

haven't actually seen arguments erupt into aggressive emotes

What's wrong with that emoji? That's just a guy with a long nose, eyes closed, lying on his back. Here's him fully awake wearing his hide hat:

C9e5Bgi.png

Although he might look ready for war, he sure isn't aggressive in nature.

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, thedrongoofark said:

and also of course ark 1 is going to be worse than 2 there's just no hope for redemption with all the glitches as everyone has so violently put, even though I don't like the premise of Ark 2 too much and I love playing ark (even with glitches) generally I'm assuming it's going to be a massive upgrade, obviously there will be glitches and lag, but a new engine combined with just a whole new start over I agree with GP I am optimistic that it will be a decent game. Also, my theories is it's going to be one of those next gen games like CyberPunk 2077 so obviously unless you have like a series X xbox you're screwed in terms of glitchhhhhhhh

Also my dudes let's chill. If what Wesmanee said was true then we're getting angry at the wrong people, or at least for most of it we are. everyone should have an opinion without getting completely punted out of the conversation. Let us defy the stereotype and be nice for once in convos like this

I mean true but also they will be able to change their pattern because of a new engine and they have control over it with enough funds n stuff. I mean I may be wrong but I think it can change we just haven't seen it because of the game, the engine and the owner

Some optimism in a sea of pessimism! :Jerblove:

At the start of Ark 1 the Devs wouldn't have known of the following issues that would occur:

• Meshing
  • Duping
  • Character Loss
  • Cheating/Exploits (this one they'd probably have some expectation)
  • State of official server performance

With Ark 2 they have all that experience and knowledge behind them meaning when they build Ark 2 on a newer engine non-modified they can build it with all of that in mind to prevent such issues reoccuring.

The issues, in my mind that the Devs have to work MUCH hard on, are:

• Timeliness
  • Better compacted patches
  • More enforcement

The support process is seperate so the Devs don't have involvement in that. It might be wise to look for different official server hosting too.

You may think I have disdain for players with valid complaints, it's not true, but when people are complaining about the same issues on official servers from 6 years ago and still demanding it fixed 6 years later even though it is clearly obvious they will NOT be fixed then you are the makers of your own stress.

Therefore, those that play on unofficial servers which often have better admin support and single player are highly much more likely to be optimistic than official server players.

11 minutes ago, GP said:

Some optimism in a sea of pessimism! :Jerblove:

At the start of Ark 1 the Devs wouldn't have known of the following issues that would occur:

• Meshing
  • Duping
  • Character Loss
  • Cheating/Exploits (this one they'd probably have some expectation)
  • State of official server performance

With Ark 2 they have all that experience and knowledge behind them meaning when they build Ark 2 on a newer engine non-modified they can build it with all of that in mind to prevent such issues reoccuring.

The issues, in my mind that the Devs have to work MUCH hard on, are:

• Timeliness
  • Better compacted patches
  • More enforcement

The support process is seperate so the Devs don't have involvement in that. It might be wise to look for different official server hosting too.

You may think I have disdain for players with valid complaints, it's not true, but when people are complaining about the same issues on official servers from 6 years ago and still demanding it fixed 6 years later even though it is clearly obvious they will NOT be fixed then you are the makers of your own stress.

Therefore, those that play on unofficial servers which often have better admin support and single player are highly much more likely to be optimistic than official server players.

You're still missing it. Cheating happens in all games. Enforcement is necessary. It is non existent on Ark official servers, even with absolute proof (which you have to go above and beyond to get yourself...) you just get automated response from WC and nothing happens.

57 minutes ago, Usuallyafk said:

It's truly amazing so many have no idea how bad official actually is......I miss when I didn't know. The cheating is vast, complex, and completely unchecked.

Almost none of it has to do with the engine, but with one of the worst, if not the worst in game rule enforcement/reporting cheating/customer service of any game this scale. Aimbot, ESP, Haxbot, Duping (STILL), Meshing (STILL), endless teaming on small tribes, all day sales for everything & anything (including team wiping servers) with real $ through 3rd party sites.

All of this circles back to no enforcement and negligence on WC part. The majority of current Ark players will wait a few months and watch the disaster launch of "Ark 2"

24 minutes ago, Usuallyafk said:

You're still missing it. Cheating happens in all games. Enforcement is necessary. It is non existent on Ark official servers, even with absolute proof (which you have to go above and beyond to get yourself...) you just get automated response from WC and nothing happens.

Wait but my dude have you tried private rented servers with your friends? I know it can be like $20 a month but that's not bad if you split it among friends I mean 5 friends each paying $4 dollars a month for their own private server is a pretty sweet deal. I personally have my own on Nitrado where I play with friends, and it's a safe haven to cheats and mods and all that, and you can limit the player number to make no alpha tribes as well as being able to put a password for your server for protection. And I know the server adverts make it look extremely horribly complicated but really they made it complex, the server host I use has all the controls but it's still very user friendly.

I have never tried official, sounds like a nightmare tbh, but trust me I think you'll appreciate the peace and quite a private owned server will you give you.

So, what do you think? ready to embrace a new lifestyle in ark? grab some friends, hop on to a quiet and peaceful (unless you don't want it to be of course) server and forget the dark times.

40 minutes ago, Usuallyafk said:

if you have any questions on being a server host you only need to ask (and two things I want to clear up, you can stop the server at any moment so need for like tonnes of feeding troughs, and you don't have to be admin it works fine without one)

7 hours ago, GP said:

What other game allows you to tame dinosaurs and fly on dragons while firing space guns?

We are captives of Ark's amazing game concept even if WC's execution is next level bad.

But yeah lets scold the playerbase for wanting a game they love and stuck with to function properly 6 years into its life cycle.

Archived