Extend Love Evolved Event for Those Unable to Play

lozerette

Suggestion

With historic temperatures, storms, and millions without power in Texas, I'm sure an extension of the Valentine's event would be very appreciated. Current estimates say that full power is unlikely to be restored until next week, which means missing the vast majority of the event.

I know Texas only represents a small portion of the playerbase, but it would mean a lot to actually get to *play* the event once things get back to normal.

8 replies to this server topic

• Volunteer Moderator

The problem here is that the Devs can't extend something just because a State in a country can't play much. I'm not downplaying the issue, however, you extend an event for that then you set a precedent for future requests for extensions because some town some where lost power or something.

The Devs on the other hand have their own work plan to manage, and as Dollie said extensions aren't always possible.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, lozerette said:

The politicians and the ceos made those decisions, and I guarantee they aren't the ones currently without power. A lot of us are just stuck here dealing with fallout we neither caused nor could have prevented.

Thanks for the victim-blaming, though.

Can't you just go on the street, break some lampposts for electronics and make a generator?

2 hours ago, GP said:

The problem here is that the Devs can't extend something just because a State in a country can't play much. I'm not downplaying the issue, however, you extend an event for that then you set a precedent for future requests for extensions because some town some where lost power or something.

The Devs on the other hand have their own work plan to manage, and as Dollie said extensions aren't always possible.

That makes sense, but considering it's been declared a federal emergency, it's not like there isn't an easy line to draw.

I know things aren't always possible, but if it *can* be done that would be swell.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Can't you just go on the street, break some lampposts for electronics and make a generator?

XD If only it were that easy! I don't have any fur gear and seem to have somehow spawned in the snow. My only tame seems convinced there's a yuty out there and refuses to make herself useful, lol.

What about almost every server having transfer issues and people stuck in ark data... there is THOUSANDS unable to play because of your garbage bugs... people have lost progression and items due to your lack of competence of fixing anything... gg to a company who truly doesn't care for compensation... their own GMS OF THE GAME ADMITTED THIS. And this is your customer service team ... WAKE UP!!!!... and you expect people to buy ark 2? Oh wait ps players don't even get the option thank God!

I am in the category of Texan ark players missing out because of no power (since Monday at 3am in 0-17 degree temps)... I support this message/request!

Sure Texas politicians suck big time for letting this happen in the first place. But I'll bet very few of them, if any, play Ark... and if they do, they already have power, unlike us peasants out here freezing with our kids instead of taming colorful dinos... plus any servers run out of Texas are down as well if the host has no power... it would be a nice recovery point if, while we were thawing out (once we do have power, that is), we could be enjoying the event instead of missing it due to things out of our own control...

Archived