Teamer's/cheats in general

Sadtrombone

Hi Guy's at WC,

Recently myself and a lot of the top players within the community have noticed a small number, of what some people might consider "top players" teaming in 4 man. It saddens me that this is the case. When can we expect some sort of action from WC? Whats the future look? How are you going to protect us from these cheats?

Cheers 

Sadtrombone

• Wildcard QA

Hi there,

I'd recommend sending evidence (video gameplay etc) to https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

And this is WC's stance on teaming (Taken from Jat's announcement post for Summer Cup):

New Zero Tolerance on Teaming

Players found guilty of illegal teaming with the intent to manipulate the competitive system will be absolutely permanently banned from Survival of the Fittest. This includes but is not limited to: Survival of the Fittest the game, Survivor League’s Qualification Process, Survivor League Tournament and all future Wildcard Sponsored Tournaments. 

We do not tolerate teaming, however we understand that there are certain elements of the game where teaming may occur naturally, or in some cases have no effect due to the skill-level of the game. We will evaluate teaming reports on a case-by-case basis and collect video evidence to prosecute offenders. We will have an in-game report system, as well as in-game monitoring conducted by the Wildcard GM Team. The slate was wiped clean at the end of the first Survivor League, we will not be so lenient going forward. Don’t team, it’s not worth the disqualification!

Hope that clears things up for you!

Scenario..

Joe (Tribe of Joe) and Jane (Tribe of Jane) and Bob (Tribe of Bob) are teaming and kill me on the beach. 

I have recorded footage of the past 10 mins action which is useless because DEVS cant do anything because they don't know who Joe, Jane and Bob are.

For your footage to be any use you have to record the whole game (35mins+) starting from the lobby to ensure that you record the game id. Then that's a lot of editing afterwards to get it down in size to enable to share it. Really its just not worth it!

There should be an easy option like report button (which didn't materialize with the update like it said)

4 hours ago, Germanicus said:

You can turn on steam names in game so that way you can report them easier. Check options, hope this helps!

You can't see their steam name when playing, it's only in the chat.

just now a team built platforms all around the center, I don't know who they are, I finished 5th so I don't get a match report.

So many teamers now it's kinda pointless unless you have a friend on Teamspeak to team with.

we need match reports for everyone, a report button and blind lobby's bringing back NOW!

• 1 month later...
On 16/05/2016 at 2:16 PM, BossFi said:

Scenario..

Joe (Tribe of Joe) and Jane (Tribe of Jane) and Bob (Tribe of Bob) are teaming and kill me on the beach. 

I have recorded footage of the past 10 mins action which is useless because DEVS cant do anything because they don't know who Joe, Jane and Bob are.

For your footage to be any use you have to record the whole game (35mins+) starting from the lobby to ensure that you record the game id. Then that's a lot of editing afterwards to get it down in size to enable to share it. Really its just not worth it!

There should be an easy option like report button (which didn't materialize with the update like it said)

have more one, Tribe of Anne all play in group. 
I open ticket for Tribe os jane and Joe, i have record.

• Wildcard QA

A way I know that some people have done it, is if they survive quite far you can open the game info and see the steam names of those left in the game.

For example in FFA, you get into final 3 - with 2 people who are teaming. You have video evidence of them working together/not attacking eachother/sharing items/buildings. You open up the game info and show that there are only 3 people on the server. You, and the two teamers. Print screen this or show it in the video recording (it should record steam overlay where the game info can appear).

• 2 weeks later...

Or if you have 2 PC's you can always join with both of them at the same game. The only thing is that on the second PC where you don't play, just don't make a character leave it like that. With that once the game is started and you start playing. If you get killed by a teamers, on the second PC which you joined you can wait for that game to end. And then you will have the report log.

Archived