The Island - Edge of Map killed me, all is lost

Helios1

On 2/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, Rio4201 said:

Any seasoned veteran in Ark can tell you stories just like yours, I've lost hundreds of dinos, loads of gear, and a few survivors and entire base builds to bugs and crap that happens in Ark.  It's just the way it is, most of us have long since given up on this stuff getting repaired and we just accept it for what it is.  To be fair after the last time we got Arked, it was the last time we ever played Official.   In our situation, I had just refilled all 10 of my Bee hives with rare flowers as they had just run out, I logged out for the day to do other things, came back that night and discovered the Devs put in a bad patch and rolled the servers back to the previously build. All 10 of my Bee hives were decayed and gone.  That was pretty much the final straw for me, so I went back to running an unofficial server that I have full control over, I do daily backups, I restart the server on an automated schedule early early in the morning while noone is on, and even customized our map with some great mods.   Now I log in when I want, don't worry about things going missing from the decay timers, and even if something strange happens at WC, I can always roll back.    Life is good lol.

Yea, if you ask me this is the only way to play Ark. Get a few friends and make your own cluster.

I know not everybody can do it, but for those who can it solves so many of Ark's problems, including this one. I can keep the anti-mesh system turned off -- problem solved.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep having this happen while riding Ichthys. Three times now:

https://gfycat.com/uncomfortablerigidadouri

this one occurred near the exit of the Caverns of Lost Hope cave:

https://gfycat.com/livelyfancyatlanticridleyturtle

this one, as you can see from my GPS, occurred near 46.1, 91.2:

https://gfycat.com/tiredbitesizedhaddock

I haven't experienced this exact problem, but I have suffered from anti meshing instan kill. I was lining up to do tek cave and I moved my rex too close to the cave door when it wasn't activated. I died and there was no drop bag. 

The best advice I could possibly give is never carry anything that you can't afford to lose, but unfortunately if you are carrying a chibi; stuff you want to transfer this advice is absolutely useless.

The best thing to do is to pass the information on in game chat, as very few players in my experience read the forum. 

Hello,

I just have a situation, when traveling underwater on my basilosaurus, I approached zone border. Usually basilo stop and allow my to turn around. But this time it break through, and I gon "Select Spawn Location" window. Afer resp on my base I did not found Basilo Death in Log, so I got Ichthy and tried to recover.

Exact the ame thing happen again now with ichthy. Again no death entry in the log.

What is really sad, I lost my almost leveled Chibi.....

Any advise? How to recover? Where are Basilo, Ichthy my body?

I have restarted the game, took my lowest level ichty and tried one more recovery. 

First it went well, I even found previous ichty. Not found any of my bodies. Not found Basilo. Chibi... Then again felt through the border and lost founded ichthy, another ichthy...

I seems that if I approach border with very low angle - almost along with border, it bounce me back. But if I approach border almost perpendicular - mount fall through...

I am spending a lot of time underwater. This is something new. 

New Bug?

It basically make it not possible to play ARK underwater.... 
Guess this bug might be high priority?

We have a friend that lost everything on island 341 this way, and we lost everything on ext 458 same way. 

Server lagged really hard, to the point it seemed everything stopped. We were pushed to the world ceiling and my sister and I both died instantly. Skiff -gone, gear gone- gigas- gone, max asc saddles gone- everything from veins-gone. 

It's just horrible and nothing in logs to indicate it happened but we were both there when it did.. so yeah.

I pray daily to the giga gods, at night, do rituals.. and anything else I can think of so someone ANYONE will make a better working game that gives me the feel of this POS.

IF and when that happens my tribe, friends and relatives will all jump this broken leaky ship. Until then.. we limp along and deal with game breaking issues that even make companies like EA look decent.. And that is saying ALOT.

And the worst part is you can have valid stuff and will never ever see it again, because WC can't figure out how to replace game assets. 😬

Archived