Jump to content

The Island - Edge of Map killed me, all is lost


Helios1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Swiming on our sever PVE EU 705 and grazed the world boarder under water, this id say is hard not to do as under water is very close and its tight all over the place, when the image froze for 2 sec, me and my dino vanished and i was prompted with the respawn screen.

 

i heard some ppl say they lost skiffs going into it but didnt think to much of it.

 

tried this not 1 not 2 but 3 more times and every time the same issue.

char gone. dino gone.

 

This cant be right. please exctintion kill boarder is enough. this is stupid....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just swimming around on the Island with my Tuso, like I did hundreds and hundreds of times before, searching for alphas on server 346 (PVE). At 35/92 I hit the edge of the map, died, no tribe log and LOST all my best stuff: full tek gear, all items 400+ armor, level 5 chibi (the second time I lose it because of some gamebraking bug (in this rhythm I will never get to level 6), ascendant tek rifle (my best one, capped) and lots of other stuff that can be replaced far more easily. I was afraid the tuso was lost too (12 freakin days of raising) and went out with a second tuso. Skimmed the area where I knew I died, and arrived at 45/92 and DIED A SECOND TIME AT THE EDGE OF THE MAP JUST BY SWIMMING AGAINST IT, again no tribe log, all of this in under 10min! Lost another regular tek helmet, some element and diving gear. Went with a 3rd tuso and another player helped me find the 2 previous tusos. They were still alive, but the first one moved a lot from the initial position. Anti-mesh at it's greatest. No body bags, all inventories lost.

I am really sick of losing stuff all the time because of bugs, not because of regular gameplay. So much grinding for nothing! I'm afraid to even play again.

And to a moderator that decides to recommend me to submit the ticket, please stop giving that advice. You know as well as me that GMs DO NOT REPLACE any lost stuff or dinos. Never, for any reason, because of some secret internal policy that changes every few weeks. And I am tired of getting such automated messages from them after waiting for weeks for a reply.

I am sick of such gamebraking bugs, of the disrespect towards players, the utterly crap and overall bad update quality (Q&A is nonexistent for this game, we all witnessed this with every single major update). The forums are flooded with gamebraking issues that keep piling on to more gamebraking bugs and no word from anyone.

The conclusion: better get back to farming like an idiot and hope to not hit the edge of the map again until Ark 2! @Cedric (I really do not know anyone else to tag and this will probably be overlooked anyways, but here's my 2 cents).

 

Edited by Oieru
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Multiple  people in my tribe have had this same issue since the last update. 3 of us have disappeared losing all of our items on the edge of the map right behind "Carno Island". There was nothing in the logs and no body bags to be able to gather.

We all lost our current best gear so it is very upsetting since we don't have blueprints for most of those items and the ones we do still have to gather replacement rss to make again.

Does anyone know of any way to get items back or a way to fix this so it will not occur again?

Edited by SpotStop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, SpotStop said:

Does anyone know of any way to get items back or a way to fix this so it will not occur again?

Unortunately there is no way. It seems the last update made the anti-mesh system way more aggressive with plenty more false positives. The no-body-bag and no-tribe-log are another useless "feature" that should not be a part of the anti-mesh. Ok, the anti-mesh kills you accidentally, but the bag should be there!

The log in the tribe-log is anyways useless since GMs will refuse to replace anything, even with screenshot proof (I have numerous e-mails as proof that they will not help under any circumstances).

Edited by Oieru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Oieru said:

I was just swimming around on the Island with my Tuso, like I did hundreds and hundreds of times before, searching for alphas on server 346 (PVE). At 35/92 I hit the edge of the map, died, no tribe log and LOST all my best stuff: full tek gear, all items 400+ armor, level 5 chibi (the second time I lose it because of some gamebraking bug (in this rhythm I will never get to level 6), ascendant tek rifle (my best one, capped) and lots of other stuff that can be replaced far more easily. I was afraid the tuso was lost too (12 freakin days of raising) and went out with a second tuso. Skimmed the area where I knew I died, and arrived at 45/92 and DIED A SECOND TIME AT THE EDGE OF THE MAP JUST BY SWIMMING AGAINST IT, again no tribe log, all of this in under 10min! Lost another regular tek helmet, some element and diving gear. Went with a 3rd tuso and another player helped me find the 2 previous tusos. They were still alive, but the first one moved a lot from the initial position. Anti-mesh at it's greatest. No body bags, all inventories lost.

I am really sick of losing stuff all the time because of bugs, not because of regular gameplay. So much grinding for nothing! I'm afraid to even play again.

And to a moderator that decides to recommend me to submit the ticket, please stop giving that advice. You know as well as me that GMs DO NOT REPLACE any lost stuff or dinos. Never, for any reason, because of some secret internal policy that changes every few weeks. And I am tired of getting such automated messages from them after waiting for weeks for a reply.

I am sick of such gamebraking bugs, of the disrespect towards players, the utterly crap and overall bad update quality (Q&A is nonexistent for this game, we all witnessed this with every single major update). The forums are flooded with gamebraking issues that keep piling on to more gamebraking bugs and no word from anyone.

The conclusion: better get back to farming like an idiot and hope to not hit the edge of the map again until Ark 2! @Cedric (I really do not know anyone else to tag and this will probably be overlooked anyways, but here's my 2 cents).

 

Wait... You just outright stated that the game is loaded with bugs with a disrespect towards players with additional terrible quality whilst acknowledging even more problems across the board with each subsequent update, then immediately went on to say that you'll keep shoving your face into that veritable tungsten alloyed wall of problems that continues to flip you the bird, hoping that the next go-around will be better...?

 

I...I don't...I don't understand...

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Masurao said:

Wait... You just outright stated that the game is loaded with bugs with a disrespect towards players with additional terrible quality whilst acknowledging even more problems across the board with each subsequent update, then immediately went on to say that you'll keep shoving your face into that veritable tungsten alloyed wall of problems that continues to flip you the bird, hoping that the next go-around will be better...?

 

I...I don't...I don't understand...

 

 

What other game allows you to tame dinosaurs and fly around on dragons ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Masurao said:

Wait... You just outright stated that the game is loaded with bugs with a disrespect towards players with additional terrible quality whilst acknowledging even more problems across the board with each subsequent update, then immediately went on to say that you'll keep shoving your face into that veritable tungsten alloyed wall of problems that continues to flip you the bird, hoping that the next go-around will be better...?

 

I...I don't...I don't understand...

 

 

I won't be spending another dime on this. As stated, I have abandoned my plans to buy a season pass. I will invest the money in toilet paper. Much better.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any seasoned veteran in Ark can tell you stories just like yours, I've lost hundreds of dinos, loads of gear, and a few survivors and entire base builds to bugs and crap that happens in Ark.  It's just the way it is, most of us have long since given up on this stuff getting repaired and we just accept it for what it is.  To be fair after the last time we got Arked, it was the last time we ever played Official.   In our situation, I had just refilled all 10 of my Bee hives with rare flowers as they had just run out, I logged out for the day to do other things, came back that night and discovered the Devs put in a bad patch and rolled the servers back to the previously build. All 10 of my Bee hives were decayed and gone.  That was pretty much the final straw for me, so I went back to running an unofficial server that I have full control over, I do daily backups, I restart the server on an automated schedule early early in the morning while noone is on, and even customized our map with some great mods.   Now I log in when I want, don't worry about things going missing from the decay timers, and even if something strange happens at WC, I can always roll back.    Life is good lol.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep same issue here last night 2/14/2121 touched the invisible wall underwater since we all know it doesnt show up until it's too late you know that thing they want to call a map boundry. other island players on the server were having the same issue a few nights prior as well. R.i.p gear x2 R.i.p lvl4 chibi and R.i.p capped and leveled argie even though you didnt know you died because you were tucked away in your pod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so this just happened to me as well. Is this a new bug? I've accidentally touched the edge a bunch of times in the past always on accident cause it doesn't show up till you actually touch it. but this time I'm scouring the stupid ocean floor on my mosasaur looking for black pearls and suddenly Im given the respawn screen. This is when I realised I've lost all my best dinos and no bag to recover. Kind of infuriating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand you perfectly.

In the last few months, playing ark has become a risky activity on many servers.

When the anti-mesh system does not kill you, the server disconnects you by timeout and when you manage to connect you are dead, or the client crashes and the result is the same. In recent months my participation in the official servers has only been to connect to the bases so that they do not disappear, to fill the generators with a little gasoline and little else.

Just a couple of days I spent more hours fishing for chibis from the event, until my game crashed and, disappointed, I reconnected, went back to base and closed the game.

The truth is that wildcard has to put a lot of effort for Gen2 to be successful and of course be prudent when launching Ark 2 mostly bug-free, because after what happened with CDProjectRed, which had no history of releasing games with obvious flaws, I don't want to imagine what will happen in the media and social networks if Ark 2 comes out with a multitude of bugs.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also had this experience, lost a tuso and a wyv in cryopods, my asc scuba, and some tek armor/rifle. Not seeing any dev response from this and I want to farm trophies for Alpha Dragon without fear of a killer world barrier. Is there like a line of code in this mess that says like,

If worldbarrierkill is True; Don't

Like yeesh, fix this plz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2021 at 3:28 PM, Oieru said:

The conclusion: better get back to farming like an idiot and hope to not hit the edge of the map again until Ark 2!

What makes you think that ARK2 will be any better? It's going to be created by the same company with same culture with the same lack of customer service.

This is always the problem with being retail customers for games, there is no contract with a SLA (service level agreement) like you would get if you were a commercial customer in a business-to-business arrangement. Either the company is good to customers or they're not, and complaining means nothing in the long run.

If you're really fed up then stop giving them money, as a consumer your only real option is to vote with your dollars. If you spend more on ARK then you're agreeing that this is the company you want to do business with, you're agreeing that their lack of customer service is ok with you despite complaining. If you keep playing and spending then you know what you're paying for. WildCard isn't going to change with ARK2, it will still be the same company.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

What makes you think that ARK2 will be any better? It's going to be created by the same company with same culture with the same lack of customer service.

This is always the problem with being retail customers for games, there is no contract with a SLA (service level agreement) like you would get if you were a commercial customer in a business-to-business arrangement. Either the company is good to customers or they're not, and complaining means nothing in the long run.

If you're really fed up then stop giving them money, as a consumer your only real option is to vote with your dollars. If you spend more on ARK then you're agreeing that this is the company you want to do business with, you're agreeing that their lack of customer service is ok with you despite complaining. If you keep playing and spending then you know what you're paying for. WildCard isn't going to change with ARK2, it will still be the same company.

 

I'm just agreeing that this is the only game where I can tame dinosaurs and fly around on dragons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...